NCAA Football 2012-13 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Florida will finish in the top 4 of the BCS standings which guarantees them a BCS bowl bid.

So loser of the SECGC most likely gets the outback.
Might be the case, but doesn't seem fair that by losing the CCG, a division winner should fall behind a team they convincingly defeated to get there. Just another flaw in the BCS system.

I don't think they would have. They were only going to get a single year ban. If they were going to get more they would have gotten it and they would have to sit out next year as well. With only having a single year ban that is pretty much all they were going to get. Again we will never know.

You have NO way to know that was all they were going to give them.
If they had the option, I'm sure they would have chose to not go last year... then again with Smith as the AD, ya never know.

I agree with jagz. Sitting out lat year would have been better for them. Obviously no way to know now. I think they would be happier for it this season if they had , and they had nothing to lose by doing so last year.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

osu1991 said:
and 85% of the country won't watch or care until a true playoff starts.

I don't know about that. As much as I hate ND, their following is second to none. Half the country love them and the other half hate them. Just like the Yankees.

Might be the case, but doesn't seem fair that by losing the CCG, a division winner should fall behind a team they convincingly defeated to get there. Just another flaw in the BCS system.

Well it was only an 8 point swing. And FLA is undefeated at home and away games... Those pesky Neutral site games though haha.

But not sure it matters, Notre Dame is solidly controlling USC. So FLA to the Sugar Bowl. regardless of ga v bama outcome.

You have NO way to know that was all they were going to give them.
If they had the option, I'm sure they would have chose to not go last year... then again with Smith as the AD, ya never know.

They did have the option and decided not to. They didnt expect to be undefeated this year with a new coach coming in with a new system. Expected a rebuilding year so they figured theyd take the bowl game last year and accept a ban this year. whoops.

I am really shocked. Is this a Home game for ND or USC? I cant tell by the crowd at all. Its amazing how divided the crowd seems in this game

mccoyrj said:

Same thing happened in the Big Ten last year. Michigan State lost a great conference championship game to Wisconsin who they beat during the regular season and Michigan jumped them for a BCS bowl. Michigan State also beat Michigan during the regular season and still got snubbed.

Same thing happened in the Big Ten last year. Michigan State lost a great conference championship game to Wisconsin who they beat during the regular season and Michigan jumped them for a BCS bowl. Michigan State also beat Michigan during the regular season and still got snubbed.
The BCS should not reward a bowl to a team while snubbing their division winner. That needs to be addressed in any playoff scenario IMO.

They did have the option and decided not to. They didnt expect to be undefeated this year with a new coach coming in with a new system. Expected a rebuilding year so they figured theyd take the bowl game last year and accept a ban this year. whoops.

FWIW, this IS a rebuilding year ...

Notre Dame and FSU seem like the same team, nice stats and loads of wins against a junk schedule.

Not a very impressive performance against a middle of the pack pac12 team with a back up making his 1st start.

Hart5150 said:
Notre Dame and FSU seem like the same team, nice stats and loads of wins against a junk schedule.

Not a very impressive performance against a middle of the pack pac12 team with a back up making his 1st start.

It wasn't a junk schedule but I'll leave it at that. We have had this argument about 3 times now so there is no point in doing it again. We'll see who's right when we get to the national championship game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts