NCAA Football 2012-13 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
I'm not even sure what the gripe is this time. Rivals being In conference but out of state ? Rivals being in conference and in state ? Rivals being out of conference and in state ? When a perceived good ooc game is scheduled and when a cupcake is ?

Sounds like some need to get up with their schools and conference scheduling department. Change it up to be competitive , because what they are doing does not seem to be working.

Of course in the end, you have to beat the opponent in front of you.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with our scheduling.
The sec is just playing the system that was made to benefit them. The conferences are getting too big.

You don't play all the teams in your conference each year and soon it's going to be you don't play some teams more than once a decade. Each division perennially only has a couple of good teams and the rest are average or worse. Then you only have to play the tough team from the other division once every what 6-8 years, add in 3 and sometimes 4 FCS schools makes for a pretty unchallenging schedule.

This is one reason I would like to see the Big 12 expand back to 12. If the Big 10 goes to 16 or more as is expected and the sec goes to 16, then the Big 12 will be at a disadvantage schedule wise remaining at 10. At 10 we are going to keep pounding each other and have a couple of teams with 3-4 losses that can't rise in the polls because we keep knocking each other down. Splitting into divisions will guarantee a softer schedule that like the sec allows you to keep multiple teams around the top 5 and in contention for multiple spots in the big money games.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
The sec is just playing the system that was made to benefit them. The conferences are getting too big.

You don't play all the teams in your conference each year and soon it's going to be you don't play some teams more than once a decade. Each division perennially only has a couple of good teams and the rest are average or worse. Then you only have to play the tough team from the other division once every what 6-8 years, add in 3 and sometimes 4 FCS schools makes for a pretty unchallenging schedule.

This is one reason I would like to see the Big 12 expand back to 12. If the Big 10 goes to 16 or more as is expected and the sec goes to 16, then the Big 12 will be at a disadvantage schedule wise remaining at 10. At 10 we are going to keep pounding each other and have a couple of teams with 3-4 losses that can't rise in the polls because we keep knocking each other down. Splitting into divisions will guarantee a softer schedule that like the sec allows you to keep multiple teams around the top 5 and in contention for multiple spots in the big money games.

I'm already not liking the realignment these conferences are going thru.
I wish the NCAA hadn't determined that you needed 12 teams for a CCG, which I think it stupid ... thats where the Conferences started changing, blame the NCAA for all this ...

The Insider

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 9, 2008
The Swamp

The SEC is doing the same thing you can be doing.

We dont play every team in the conference but we play every team in the division and rotate every 2 years the other teams. So in the span of 3 years you have played every team in the conference. The SEC does not schedule as a whole any more or any less (+ or - 1) then any other major conference. But certainly as a whole the SEC teams do play a harder in conference schedule then most.

I also dont want to see 16 team conferences unless the season adds 2 weeks.

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Gotta love the BCS. If Kent St wins against Northen Illinois this week and Texas and/or UCLA lose, then most likely Kent St will move up the BCS rankings to 16 and knock OU out of the at large bid spot and get the BCS invite. The Sugar Bowl selects before the Orange, I'm sure they'll take Louisville and Kent St will get sent to the Orange to face FSU.

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
umm the numbers don't support that BS. For 1 or 2 teams Yes, the conference as a whole No

Come on. Three teams out of each division are in the top ten. Three out of seven. Really? If that's not as hard as any conference at the least, then they all should quit.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
Gotta love the BCS. If Kent St wins against Northen Illinois this week and Texas and/or UCLA lose, then most likely Kent St will move up the BCS rankings to 16 and knock OU out of the at large bid spot and get the BCS invite. The Sugar Bowl selects before the Orange, I'm sure they'll take Louisville and Kent St will get sent to the Orange to face FSU.

A MAC team with a BCS berth ?
I don't see that happening ...

Hart5150

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 27, 2004
Temple, Pa
osu1991 said:

What a joke, they lost to Kentucky by 4 TDs.

I don't want to play Kent St. or Louisville/Rutgers.

I want to play Oregon but would settle for OU over those other 2.

And who in the hell is going to watch a Kent St/Fsu Orange bowl?

This system sucks.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
The MAC is tied to the Motor City bowl and the GMAC bowl .... how are they getting a BCS bowl game.
You need to either Win your conference or be an at large, usually top 8 team, Kent State wont be anywhere close to that.

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
The MAC is tied to the Motor City bowl and the GMAC bowl .... how are they getting a BCS bowl game.
You need to either Win your conference or be an at large, usually top 8 team, Kent State wont be anywhere close to that.

Rule 3 of the BCS states:

The champion of Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Sun Belt Conference, or the Western Athletic Conference will earn an automatic berth in a BCS bowl game if either:

A. Such team is ranked in the top 12 of the final BCS Standings, or,
B. Such team is ranked in the top 16 of the final BCS standings and its ranking in the final BCS standings is higher than that of a champion of a conference that has an annual automatic berth in one of the BCS bowls.

Thank You Big East if this happens.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005

The champion of Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Sun Belt Conference, or the Western Athletic Conference will earn an automatic berth in a BCS bowl game if either:

B. Such team is ranked in the top 16 of the final BCS standings and its ranking in the final BCS standings is higher than that of a champion of a conference that has an annual automatic berth in one of the BCS bowls.

This must be part of the latest BSC realignment ...

Fwiw, the Big East still has a AQ ?

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...-selling-much-less-fast-170555117--ncaaf.html

The ACC had a pretty bad weekend. Florida State was worked over by Florida, Clemson couldn't beat a South Carolina team without its starting quarterback, and Georgia Tech was blasted by Georgia.
Interest in this weekend's ACC Championship Game isn't exactly at an all-time high. Considering you can use a $5 bill to buy a ticket and still get $1 back in change, we're going to say Charlotte isn't abuzz about Florida State vs. Georgia Tech this week.
Tickets on StubHub.com were going for as little as $4 on Monday morning:

That is just sad.

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-source-tulane-ecu-join-170702280--spt.html

Tulane is joining the Big East as a full member in 2014 and East Carolina will also be joining the rebuilding conference for football only, a person familiar with the decision told The Associated Press.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity Tuesday because neither the conference nor the schools were prepared to make an official announcement.
New Orleans-based Tulane called a news conference for 2 p.m. EST on campus but didn't reveal the reason.
Tulane and East Carolina currently play in Conference USA. They will become the fifth and sixth C-USA schools to join the rebuilding Big East in the last two years.

So can we officially change the name of the Big East to Conference USA 2, and change Conference USA to Sun Belt+?

stmcld

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 24, 2008
Henderson KY
Mark Stoops, Defensive Coordinator at Florida State, will be the next coach at Kentucky. An OK choice but not one that will fire up the fans.

Teehar

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2010
WNC

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005

Looks like you were right.

I just heard on the local news that there is a GOOD chance that the MAC will make a BSC bowl, never thought I'd see that in my lifetime.
It would be either Kent State or N. Illinois.
They also have at least 2 other bowls mentioned for Toledo and Bowling Green.
Military, Compass, Liberty or Beef o Brady's bowl ...

This is a HUGE move for the MAC, while the secondary bowls are not that GREAT, they are Bowls none the less for more than 1 MAC school, which is what the earlier years got them, a Motor City bowl game I think it was and of course the Tangerine Bowl Way back.

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)