NCAA Football 2012-13 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
And don't discount the 8 win teams.

I think this is a pretty strong year for the sec even If I think our bcs champion rep isn't as strong as it has been in the past. Hard to top last year in that instance, from either team.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

No doubt, even Vanderbilt is no longer a bottom feeder. They just gave their coach a nice raise and extension The days of Vandy being the laughing stock are over. We can keep them around for more than just boosting our GPA ;)

However ole Miss, Arkansas, and Auburn are all in the crapper this year. Miss St is holding its own in the middle. Missouri however didnt take the move to the SEC as well as aTm did (of course Missouri doesn't have Johnny football either)

I agree on our rep for the national title game. I mean I feel pretty confident Alabama can win, I am not as confident as years past. Alabama really had an extremely easy road to the title game compared to other SEC schools. But they won the games they needed to and are in. Alabama is not the unstoppable beast of last year, they have a lot of vulnerabilites, and if the Irish play their cards right they can find the holes. Although I think Nick Saban is a great coach and is even better in Crunch time. So in the end I think the Irish will be out coached and out lasted as the Tide are far deeper. If the Irish want to make this a physical game the Tide just have more bodies to throw in the fire than the Irish do.

The SEC Bowl Schedule (tentative)

BCS National Championship - Alabama vs. Notre Dame

Sugar Bowl - Florida vs. Louisville

Capital One Bowl – Georgia vs. Nebraska

Chik-Fil-A Bowl - LSU vs. Clemson

Cotton Bowl - Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma

Outback Bowl – South Carolina vs. Michigan.

Music City Bowl – Vanderbilt vs. North Carolina State

Gator Bowl – Mississippi State vs. Northwestern.

BBVA Compass Bowl - Ole Miss vs. Pittsburgh

I bolded the teams I predict to win. Although the last two are tough calls. I do think the first 7 are almost shoe ins.

The SEC Bowl Schedule (tentative)

BCS National Championship - Alabama vs. Notre Dame

Sugar Bowl - Florida vs. Louisville

Capital One Bowl – Georgia vs. Nebraska

Chik-Fil-A Bowl - LSU vs. Clemson

Cotton Bowl - Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma

Outback Bowl – South Carolina vs. Michigan.

Music City Bowl – Vanderbilt vs. North Carolina State

Gator Bowl – Mississippi State vs. Northwestern.

BBVA Compass Bowl - Ole Miss vs. Pittsburgh

I bolded the teams I predict to win. Although the last two are tough calls. I do think the first 7 are almost shoe ins.

It will be a challenge for sure for michigan, I expect a good game

Is this the strongest the SEC has ever been? 6 top ten teams in the final polls..

#2 Alabama,
#4 Florida
#5 Georgia
#7 LSU
#9 Texas A&M
#10 South Carolina

3 from the SEC East and 3 from the SEC West. Vegas would put these teams up against any team in the country and they would be either favored or a coin flip.

While most other conferences have 1-2 teams that would be in a similar boat.

Big12 has Oklahoma and KState
Pac12 has Oregon and Stanford.
Big10 has Ohio St
ACC 0
Big East 0

You say the same thing EVERY year ...
A month ago you guys were talking about how much of a DOWN year the sec was having ....
Ofcourse with a few Non sec teams losing and the sec again getting into the MNC game, suddenly, this is the BEST year ?

Na last year was Alabama, LSU and then the rest of the SEC those two were in a league of their own. SCAR and GA on their heels but definitely in their own league.

True ...
Go ahead, post it for next year now ....nothing changes anyways.

Btw, good analysis of ND and Bama at the top of the page. :)

Lol. I have to throw in a SEC! SEC! SEC!

Guys, I'm actually not obnoxious about this in real life. Not about anything else either on this forum, IMO anyway. You guys just make this too easy.

I'd pull for the sec anyway, it's good for the conference to win, but the reactions are funny.

Congrats to all teams on thei bowls. Good luck and enjoy your final game.

my prediction for next years national title game

Undefeated FLA vs Undefeated Ohio St

Will vs Meyer

3rd times the charm

Wait this cant be possible. To be undefeated y'all would have to win the SEC. That won't happen. So this is fantasy. :D.

Just jumping in..I have to say I'm really disappointed that N Ill got in to the Orange bowl.. a rather large slap in the face to many other teams that deserve it more.

On another note I'm pulling for ND Go Irish....and I'll be in Orlando as of the 27th for vacation and it works out perfect that VT plays Rutgers there on the 28th so I'll be going to that game - GO HOKIES!

Carry on

Not sure if NIU deserves a BCS bowl, but I'll be rooting for them. What a embarrassment that would be for free shoes, go huskies!

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure if NIU deserves a BCS bowl, but I'll be rooting for them. What a embarrassment that would be for free shoes, go huskies!

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

FSU gonna destroy them they are just too good of a team (weird that VT held them to -15 rush yards yet lost that game).

Again, very dense when it comes to College Football and you guys are way smarter than me but how did NIU get a BCS bid? I mean since when is the MAC a BCS conference?

Btw, I was looking at the games and the teams that are bowl eligible and ineligible and have this question. What if there were not enough teams to fill the bowl spots?

Just jumping in..I have to say I'm really disappointed that N Ill got in to the Orange bowl.. a rather large slap in the face to many other teams that deserve it more.

On another note I'm pulling for ND Go Irish....and I'll be in Orlando as of the 27th for vacation and it works out perfect that VT plays Rutgers there on the 28th so I'll be going to that game - GO HOKIES!

Carry on

They just went by the rules ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

POLL: Hypothetical: If Tebow and Te'o collided the results would be:

NFL Championship Sunday Picks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)