NCAA Football 2012-13 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is NIU where Rocky teaches? or is it Illinois State?

Not sure what the criteria is for applying for a waiver. The only two I can remember that have done so are UCLA last year and Ga Tech this season. Both of those played in their conference champ game. So perhaps that has something to do with it.

It does. It only applies to teams that are .500 and lose a conference championship game to fall below .500 making them no longer bowl eligible. Which is why UCLA got the waiver last season and GT this season

Really like Paul Johnson he's from the same town as me but,personally I would have declared my team ineligible for a bowl.I guess it's not up to the coach though.

Not sure what the criteria is for applying for a waiver. The only two I can remember that have done so are UCLA last year and Ga Tech this season. Both of those played in their conference champ game. So perhaps that has something to do with it.
The basis of their waivers was that their regular season record was 6-6, enough to be bowl eligible. And being in thier conference championship games was only a result of the next higher team (USC/UNC-Miami) being on probation. Thus, they were actually being penalized for those teams probations, as they were then contractually obligated to their respective CCG, which then resulted in a loss making them sub-500 and non-bowl eligible.

College football has an awesome regular season but an awful post season.

Georgia Tech gets in at 6-7, while Middle Tennessee State who finished at 8-4 and smashed Georgie Tech, gets to sit at home.

College football has an awesome regular season but an awful post season.

Georgia Tech gets in at 6-7, while Middle Tennessee State who finished at 8-4 and smashed Georgie Tech, gets to sit at home.

How can they get in with a losing record?

The team that won the Coastal Division, North Carolina, is banned from post season play. The NEXT in line, The U, self-imposed post season ban in hopes they get some favorable ruling in the investigations.

I still don't think they should get the spot.

That is why I also agree that NO ONE should have an auto bid and the ONLY way you make a BCS bowl game is at the very least play in your conference championship game.

I think they should do away with AQ as well, but I am not for the last part, as there are instances of deserving teams that wont play in the CCG, Florida being a prime example this year. Plus, not all conferences have CG to play.

......but I am not for the last part, as there are instances of deserving teams that wont play in the CCG, Florida being a prime example this year. Plus, not all conferences have CG to play.

For a Bowl game, no issues here. For a BCS Bowl....nope. This goes back to making ridiculous divisions in a conference. Top 4 in a conference play in a playoff and the conference championship winner gets a BCS bowl bid.

End of story.

I think they should do away with AQ as well, but I am not for the last part, as there are instances of deserving teams that wont play in the CCG, Florida being a prime example this year. Plus, not all conferences have CG to play.
nope, Florida had a chance to play in the CCG, Georgia just removed that chance.

nope, Florida had a chance to play in the CCG, Georgia just removed that chance.

No doubt, but ga tech should not get the nod because of a fluke over Florida (for example) because they played in a cg and won (again for example).

I'd rather see matchups of the best teams. While there may be debate over who those are to a certain point, conference champs only as a criteria (or even participants) won't make it any better. Not when you have that as criteria for putting teams with losing records in bowls some years.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

No doubt, but ga tech should not get the nod because of a fluke over Florida (for example) because they played in a cg and won (again for example).

I'd rather see matchups of the best teams. While there may be debate over who those are to a certain point, conference champs only as a criteria (or even participants) won't make it any better. Not when you have that as criteria for putting teams with losing records in bowls some years.

NIU was thier Conference Champ, according to some, only CC's get a BCS bid ... move over and accept the MAC then as they HAVE a CCG.

See why we need more deliberate rules in place.

See why we need more deliberate rules in place.

See why we need a true playoff system.;)

Best teams play each other,no crappy match ups.

See why we need a true playoff system.;)

Best teams play each other,no crappy match ups.

Which is what we get year after next. I'm fine with that. Don't want, or think it needs to go beyond top four though. For reasons beat to death then brought back to life and beat to death again. Twice. For good measure.

Problem is, the BCS was never setup to have the best teams play in the BCS bowls. It was only setup to match #1 & #2 and reward the conferences that setup the BCS with births for their champions. Back before they added a 5th game (due to anti-trust pressure by the other conferences, there was rarely 2 births for conferences.

As for Ga Tech having a chance and not Florida, different conferences. And like I said, Florida had a chance, they just lost in down in JAX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)