NCAA Football 2012-13 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
And ga tech had a chance. Lost many games, and still could have gotten in. Not over florida, but over georgia, the team that beat florida, over oklahoma, over countless teams that took care of business (better) during the regular season. That's my rub with it this year.

Granted in the end, for most, you have to win to go. If you don't, argument can be made, and has been, that its your fault. I get that.

Most years this wouldn't be an issue, and it didn't happen this year. But it could have.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Which is what we get year after next. I'm fine with that. Don't want, or think it needs to go beyond top four though. For reasons beat to death then brought back to life and beat to death again. Twice. For good measure.

I can see if going to at least top 8, maybe more.

No doubt, but ga tech should not get the nod because of a fluke over Florida (for example) because they played in a cg and won (again for example).

The issue with GT was a perfect storm. If they, or any other conference for that matter, would NOT have had divisions and say took the top 2 teams...it would not be an issue.

Do away with divisions.

The issue with GT was a perfect storm. If they, or any other conference for that matter, would NOT have had divisions and say took the top 2 teams...it would not be an issue.

Do away with divisions.

Perfect storm happened two years in a row.

I don't mind divisions. When the conferences get as big as they are now it's a good way to do it.

I'd argue more about conference size from your view than divisions.

Perfect storm happened two years in a row.

I don't mind divisions. When the conferences get as big as they are now it's a good way to do it.

I'd argue more about conference size from your view than divisions.

This is the whole reason the Conferences have grown to what they are and will become ....

College football as we've known it, will no longer happen now that the Super Conferences have begun.

I think twelve was the magic number but I could possibly see 16 working with a pod structure. I doubt they do it right though and don't want it to happen. Anything beyond that is pointless.

http://tennessee.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1446150

After some 18 days, numerous interviews and a couple of very public rejections, Tennessee has found its football coach --- and it's someone who wanted the job all along.

Butch Jones has agreed in principle to end the Volunteers' journey through the coaching desert,Volquest.com first reported Friday morning.

With a 47-26 mark in six seasons as head coach at Central Michigan and then Cincinnati, Jones had reportedly stressed his appreciation for Tennessee and its gameday atmosphere. His Bearcats squad played in Neyland Stadium last season.

Jones has officially resigned from Cincinnati and will be formally introduced as Tennessee's new head football coach at 2:30 p.m. ET Friday.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/201...commits-from-auburn/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

Rueben Foster, who got a gigantic Auburn tattoo on his forearm after committing to the Tigers, de-committed from Auburn on Friday, according to multiple reports.
Foster’s departure from Auburn likely has to do with news that his mentor, Tigers assistantTrooper Taylor, will not be retained on Gus Malzahn’s new staff, according to a report by AuburnSports.com.

The 6-foot-1, 240-pound Foster has had a lot of turns and twists in his recruiting: He committed to Alabama two summers ago, and then flipped to Auburn this past summer, seemingly sealing the deal with the tattoo one day after the switch.

Kid seems to have a good head on his shoulders....lol

Seriously, Ill bet that tattoo does not seem like the best idea now.

Ahh Butch Jones. He coached my Central Michigan Chippewas during my final 2 years there before moving up to Cincy. He replaced Brian Kelly who was our coach during my first 2 years of college. Kelly, of course, also moved on to Cincy and then to Notre Dame. Those were the glory days for CMU with their first ever top 25 ranking and several players who are in the NFL today. Now we are awful again under the ex Michigan State Spartan, Dan Enos.

Ahh Butch Jones. He coached my Central Michigan Chippewas during my final 2 years there before moving up to Cincy. He replaced Brian Kelly who was our coach during my first 2 years of college. Kelly, of course, also moved on to Cincy and then to Notre Dame. Those were the glory days for CMU with their first ever top 25 ranking and several players who are in the NFL today. Now we are awful again under the ex Michigan State Spartan, Dan Enos.

Yes, I remember the days that Jones was a CMU, Toledo and CMU had some very good battles back then !

Without Brian kELLY TO FOLLOW, WE'LL SEE WHAT HE CAN DO ON HIS OWN...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)