NCAA Football 2012-13 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to think the SEC is the only conference that has this problem? Find me one that doesnt.

No, I think were just pointing out that most sec fans think that the sec only plays top ten teams and thats just not true.

They make it sound like every team in the conference could win any other conference in the country ... sorry to burst that bubble, but you have a lot of Non factor teams in the conference too.

Sure you have your top 3 that typically dominate, but you also have the bottom 12 that aren't all that either.

Last edited:
No, I think were just pointing out that most sec fans think that the sec only plays top ten teams and thats just not true.

They make it sound like every team in the conference could win any other conference in the country ... sorry to burst that bubble, but you have a lot of Non factor teams in the conference too.

Sure you have your top 3 that typically dominate, but you also have the bottom 12that aren't all that either.

I dont think any of us on here are touting the SECS ooc schedule as being amazing. We all think the OOC system in the fbs sucks. What we do say however is we play the toughest IN conference schedule of anyone.

Certainly dont think any team in the SEC could win any conference in the land. But id take the top 6 in the SEC as being front runners to be conference champs of any conference in the country. We will find out during bowl season how true this statement is. As those teams play some big matchups. Like new comer aTm going up against Oklahoma. GA/Nebraska, SCAR v Mich,

FLA gets matched against Louisville which sucks as much as getting matched against Cincy. I mean we get nothing by beating Louisville, but if we lose good grief we wont here the end of it.

my bowl predictions have the SEC following up last years nearly undefeated bowl season with another season of only 2 losses. (of course can we count LSU as a loss last year?)

I dont think any of us on here are touting the SECS ooc schedule as being amazing. We all think the OOC system in the fbs sucks. What we do say however is we play the toughest IN conference schedule of anyone.

Certainly dont think any team in the SEC could win any conference in the land. But id take the top 6 in the SEC as being front runners to be conference champs of any conference in the country. We will find out during bowl season how true this statement is. As those teams play some big matchups. Like new comer aTm going up against Oklahoma. GA/Nebraska, SCAR v Mich,

FLA gets matched against Louisville which sucks as much as getting matched against Cincy. I mean we get nothing by beating Louisville, but if we lose good grief we wont here the end of it.

my bowl predictions have the SEC following up last years nearly undefeated bowl season with another season of only 2 losses. (of course can we count LSU as a loss last year?)

Nebraska's not nearly as good as most had hoped, at least not at this point, they should get beat soundly by Georgia.
S. Carolina and Mich should be a good interesting game.
Don't know anything about Oklahoma and T A&M.

Florida and Louisville, Florida better win this game ...

Nebraska's not nearly as good as most had hoped, at least not at this point, they should get beat soundly by Georgia.
S. Carolina and Mich should be a good interesting game.
Don't know anything about Oklahoma and T A&M.

Florida and Louisville, Florida better win this game ...

I agree with that. A/M is a tough match up for OU, they excel where OU is weakest. A very mobile QB has also been OU's Achilles heel this season. It should be close unless OU's offense stalls.

I would have preferred OU/Fla. Both tough opponents but OU's strengths stacked up better to Florida.

Florida had better not come out soft. Louisville has something to prove and that is dangerous.

No, but they DO play in the COLD ...

During the regular season the difference in weather isnt THAT much. They may play in the COOL while the southern teams play in the scorching heat, dut you make it sound like they are playing is 20 degree weather all year.

During the regular season the difference in weather isnt THAT much. They may play in the COOL while the southern teams play in the scorching heat, dut you make it sound like they are playing is 20 degree weather all year.

Hmmm, it's scorching hot down south all year ?

You guys complain that why should you guys come up in the cold to play and that thats an advantage for us up here, but the same can be said coming south.... isn't playing in 115* heat (your quote, not mine) a HUGE advantage for you down south ?

Hmmm, it's scorching hot down south all year ?

You guys complain that why should you guys come up in the cold to play and that thats an advantage for us up here, but the same can be said coming south.... isn't playing in 115* heat (your quote, not mine) a HUGE advantage for you down south ?

Where have I complained or made point? I would love for Bama to play up there and yall down here on occasion.

I brought up the heat in response to the argument that our schools are afraid to play in "real" weather. It was an example that there are different kinds of "real" weather, and arguably, playing football in high humidity heat is worse on the team than extreme cold. As to it being an advantage, both teams have to play in whatever the conditions are in a given game, and I do not think that playing in 115 degree heat is an advantage for anyone. lol

Fact is, there is not THAT much difference between the conditions for most teams during the regular season (a few extreme examples here or there aside). It can get hot in the north and it can get cold in the south. Its a silly argument to make IMO.

Last edited:
Arrg, my days are so messed up. I am sitting here thinking ive got some SEC bowl games to watch today, when they are played tomorrow. lol

True, but at least the Big guys in the Big Ten try playing a Good team during thier OOC games (at least one that is)

Looking at Ohio St this year.. Who was that good game this year? Looking at them last year, the "good" game was the same team FLA is playing next year Miami. Year before was also Miami... So Miami is good for your "big" game but not for ours? Then you had that home/home with USC. The year after before that started whod you have? Dont say Washington counts as a good one..

Point is no one on this forum can talk about a good ooc schedule. Maybe 1 year or 2 years but not constant. and it sucks id much rather see the big boys play each other more than just in the bowls. but unfortunately that doesnt happen often.

Id love to be proven different. But I only speak of the facts.

This good enough for ya or you want to use another excuse :rolleyes:

Sagarin Conference Rankings 2012

1 BIG 12 (A) = 81.85 81.49 ( 1) 10 81.65 ( 1)
2 SOUTHEASTERN (A) = 81.36 81.05 ( 2) 14 81.18 ( 2)
3 PAC-12 (A) = 77.26 76.36 ( 3) 12 76.77 ( 3)
4 BIG TEN (A) = 76.70 75.88 ( 4) 12 76.07 ( 4)
5 I-A INDEPENDENTS (A) = 73.49 73.64 ( 5) 4 73.49 ( 5)
6 BIG EAST (A) = 71.05 70.60 ( 6) 8 70.65 ( 6)
7 ATLANTIC COAST (A) = 69.65 69.91 ( 7) 12 69.81 ( 7)
8 WESTERN ATHLETIC (A) = 64.65 64.93 ( 8) 7 64.82 ( 8)
9 MID-AMERICAN (A) = 62.94 62.80 ( 9) 13 62.84 ( 9)
10 SUN BELT (A) = 62.30 62.21 ( 10) 10 62.23 ( 10)

Rank Conference Conference Strength Standard Deviation

1 Big 12* 66.14 2.61

2 SEC* 61.70 2.04

3 Pac-12* 61.40 3.23

4 Big Ten* 59.04 2.70

5 ACC* 57.14 2.61

Looking at Ohio St this year.. Who was that good game this year? Looking at them last year, the "good" game was the same team FLA is playing next year Miami. Year before was also Miami... So Miami is good for your "big" game but not for ours? Then you had that home/home with USC. The year after before that started whod you have? Dont say Washington counts as a good one..

Point is no one on this forum can talk about a good ooc schedule. Maybe 1 year or 2 years but not constant. and it sucks id much rather see the big boys play each other more than just in the bowls. but unfortunately that doesnt happen often.

Conveniently forgot Texas .... when McCoy was there.
USC, must not count either, they weren't junk till this past year or so.

Oklahoma coming up .
Can't help it that teams arent any good when they come up on the schedule, they were good when they were scheduled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts