NCAA Football 2012-13 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cold? How cold is it the thanksgiving weekend.. It certainly is not freezing cold. 50s 60s? Certainly weather we have dealt with in the south.

AVG HIGH for November here is 51*, thats the HIGH, not the game time.
Avg Low around 35*, again thats avg.
Overall avg, 40* gametime.

Hardly the 70-80 your playing in.

Conveniently forgot Texas .... when McCoy was there.
USC, must not count either, they weren't junk till this past year or so.

Oklahoma coming up .
Can't help it that teams arent any good when they come up on the schedule, they were good when they were scheduled.

Didnt go back far enough for Texas.. But I did include USC..

Point is its far and few between these big games. You can count 1... then 2-3 fcs teams or just other bcs conference scrubs.. Not just OSU, but FLA and every other major college player.

Didnt go back far enough for Texas.. But I did include USC..

Point is its far and few between these big games. You can count 1... then 2-3 fcs teams or just other bcs conference scrubs.. Not just OSU, but FLA and every other major college player.

Ohio State is making an effort, starting with Tressel leaving to play more Bigger games OOC... Jim was all about making sure the Local colleges make money by playing them, remember Jim came from a Smaller Youngstown Div II team.

Once the already set up games are done, you'll see a difference.

They play California this year.

2014 they play Navy (1st time I can remember that) Remember, ND plays them every year and sometimes wins, sometimes don't.
Also Va Tech and Cincy
Hmm, they are all BOWL teams, if that count for anything.

Va Tech again in 2015, of course they were scheduled years back.

Oklahoma starts in 2016 and 17 .

Last edited:
Many bigger schools are making an effort for the one big OOC money game each year, I showed Bama's past and future schedule. Beyond that one game that some of them play (and some dont) with conference schedules (for any of the top conferences) it is unrealistic to expect them to all be like that, even if we as fans would like it to be. I think we all know that.

My only rub is some of you act like the SEC NEVER schedules these games, and only your conferences and schools do. In reality, among the big schools, it usually is comparable between the big games and the cupcakes.

Looking at some of the upcoming OOC games for some SEC teams. Lots of big names scattered, and many home and homes with them, some even up north;)

Bama I have mentioned, but lets look at a few others.

Tennessee:
NC State this year
At Oregon next year
A home and home with Oklahoma follows
And a home and home with Nebraska and Uconn the next

Arkansas :
A home and home with Rutgers
A home and home with TCU
A home and home with Michigan
Texas (not sure where, probably Dallas)

Auburn:
Clemson
At K State
Wash State

Georgia:
In addition to the yearly matchup with Ga Tech they have a home and home with Clemson starting next year

LSU:
TCU next year
A home and home with Oklahoma
A home and home with NC State

Texas AM:
They have two against USC at a site to be determined'
A home and home with Oregon

Looking at some of the upcoming OOC games for some SEC teams. Lots of big names scattered, and many home and homes with them, some even up north;)

Bama I have mentioned, but lets look at a few others.

Tennessee:
NC State this year
At Oregon next year
A home and home with Oklahoma follows
And a home and home with Nebraska and Uconn the next

Arkansas :
A home and home with Rutgers
A home and home with TCU
A home and home with Michigan
Texas (not sure where, probably Dallas)

Auburn:
Clemson
At K State
Wash State

Georgia:
In addition to the yearly matchup with Ga Tech they have a home and home with Clemson starting next year

LSU:
TCU next year
A home and home with Oklahoma
A home and home with NC State

Texas AM:
They have two against USC at a site to be determined'
A home and home with Oregon

Wow, The sec guys are gonna have to learn how to read a Map, thats an awful long ways for them to travel .... Not sure if they've ever been that far away from home.

It's about time !

Lol, its not as new of an occurence as you would think, but I do wish there were more of it across college football.

I think the common thread in all the posts on this page is that Oklahoma is scheduling the big OOC games regularly.

I had said no team with a losing record needs to be in a bowl period. I still think that.

However .. After the events of the week. I was glad to see tech beat USC.
Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

Clemson missed a 2 point conversion that would have tied it up with 2:47 to go ...
Do you try an on sides kick here, or count on your D to stop them again ?

Clemson missed a 2 point conversion that would have tied it up with 2:47 to go ...
Do you try an on sides kick here, or count on your D to stop them again ?

Well, they kicked it and then went out and held them to a 3 and out.
1:39 to go with 3 T.O.'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)