NCAA Football 2012-13 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome game dude- GT had a damn good defense from what I saw, both teams did!
Not to slam your Hokies, but the Jackets defense has been notoriously awful the past 3 years, and they were missing 3 starters, so you might want to worry about your offense, and how good they made Tech's defense look.

As for VT's defense, they did a good job holding down Tech's numbers.

Not to slam your Hokies, but the Jackets defense has been notoriously awful the past 3 years, and they were missing 3 starters, so you might want to worry about your offense, and how good they made Tech's defense look. As for VT's defense, they did a good job holding down Tech's numbers.
missing a few starters but still did a damn good job of defense, but yes the throws were off for many throws and receivers just couldn't catch many that were on plus the run game hasn't gotten going yet which I figured it wouldn't right off the bat. Ohh and for those on Dish you can find games on it listed here http://www.mydish.com/gamefinder/

Some Aggie fans have big brass ones, Ill give them that.

Not us. Someone on texags.com (our biggest fan site) did some investigating. The group "AGGIE NATION" gave Clearchannel advertising "925B Capitol of Texas, Austin, TX" as their address. That's the same address as shaggybevo.com, a whorn fan site.

Clearchannel1.png Clearchannel2.png

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/shaggybevo.com

AM2009.jpgAM2010.jpg

Ok, look at the first pic, now look at the second pic. Notice any recent additions?

The national championship additions, while they look silly finally claiming them after all these years, I can understand if they were in fact awarded them by some legit entity of the time. They want to make their accomplishments more impressive.

The conference championships though? In 97 A&M did play in the big twelve champ game, against Nebraska....but, they got mudholed in that game to the tune of 54-15.

In 2010, Oklahoma beat Nebraska for the conference title by a score of 23-20. A&M was not even in the game.

So I ask, WTF?

Edit: There was some debate over this being photoshopped over at rivals, where I lifted the pics from. However, even an Aggie fan said he went by the spot at the stadium and says that it is in fact added to the facade. Then there is the team truck that backs it up with the number of national and conference titles claimed.

Xgy4r.jpg

The national championship additions, while they look silly finally claiming them after all these years, I can understand if they were in fact awarded them by some legit entity of the time. They want to make their accomplishments more impressive.

The conference championships though? In 97 A&M did play in the big twelve champ game, against Nebraska....but, they got mudholed in that game to the tune of 54-15.

In 2010, Oklahoma beat Nebraska for the conference title by a score of 23-20. A&M was not even in the game.

So I ask, WTF?
97' & '10 were Divisional championships ('10 was split 3 ways, with OU owning the tie-breaker).

For whatever reason they're including those 2 years with the listing of Conference Championships.

2010 they might have a case, as the North Champs (2 of them) had the same conf. record as the South Champs (3 of them). Though in the SEC, it is no case, as no SEC teams dare claim a divsional championship as a conference championship, and respresent them only as East/West Divsion Titles.
1997 though, no case at all, as Nebraska and Kansas St., both of the North, had better records than A&M.

Thats what some posters said over at Rivals, and it seems a stretch at best to me. They are making no distinction on the signage, and it distinctly says conference not division.

I dont buy either claim. In one, while they may have tied for first in one division, they lost the tie breaker, and did not play in the game.

In the other, as you said, there is no case at all. Zip/zilch/nadda.

Well, looks like Pitt is playing up to ACC football standards a year in advance of joining... :(

Yep - A loss to a I-AA (though not from the CAA, pity), and stinking up the field @ Cincy.

Hoping NC St follows form tomorrow :)

did you guys see the 'betting line' of the Florida State - Savannah State game? 74 points!! Last week, the betting line against Oklahoma State was 60 points and they EASILY covered...beating Savannah State 84-0!

View attachment 80733View attachment 80734

Ok, look at the first pic, now look at the second pic. Notice any recent additions?

So I ask, WTF?

Edit: There was some debate over this being photoshopped over at rivals, where I lifted the pics from. However, even an Aggie fan said he went by the spot at the stadium and says that it is in fact added to the facade. Then there is the team truck that backs it up with the number of national and conference titles claimed.

View attachment 80735

Thats what some posters said over at Rivals, and it seems a stretch at best to me. They are making no distinction on the signage, and it distinctly says conference not division.

I dont buy either claim. In one, while they may have tied for first in one division, they lost the tie breaker, and did not play in the game.

In the other, as you said, there is no case at all. Zip/zilch/nadda.

What y'all gettin' so bent out of shape about? Only people that will see this are the teams fans goin' to the games....

You'll never see it....you've got your head so far up the SEC and Alabama, I'm surprised you could find out anything about Texas....... ;)

Not bent out of shape over it as all. Just surprised that they would claim it, or at least clarify as to what exactly they are claiming. Also figured it would be an interesting topic of discussion.

I don't. Jimbo fisher is not the type to run up the score against lower division teams. They might win by 40+, but not 70+.

What is he going to to? order his team to down it? I mean OK St played dam near everyone including the water boy and still won 84 to nothing. The only thing OkSt could of done different was down the ball at the goal line or just keep running out of bounds and not scoring.

What is he going to to? order his team to down it? I mean OK St played dam near everyone including the water boy and still won 84 to nothing. The only thing OkSt could of done different was down the ball at the goal line or just keep running out of bounds and not scoring.

We've been getting criticized all week, because we didn't just take a knee. I think Savannah State would have been more embarrassed if that had happened. They couldn't stop the run, and the clock couldn't run fast enough. The 3rd string was in for most of the 2nd qtr and part of the 3rd quarter, the 4th and 5th stringers played most of the 3rd and all of the 4th quarters. You can't just tell players to take a knee, when this is probably the only time they are going to get on the field all season. We played 95 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts