NCAA Football 2012-13 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, the sec has never left the south during the regular season or a bowl. They probably don't know what a snowflake is :D

They rarely ever leave thier SE corridor either, the farthest they will be going is Texas and thats only because they HAVE too now ...

I don't know, the sec has never left the south during the regular season or a bowl. They probably don't know what a snowflake is :D

I remember riding my motorcycle across town to school after working the midnight shift while stationed in SW Georgia in '82. It was 8 degrees outside and my cold weather gear (leather jacket and gloves) wasn't nearly enough to keep me warm; Icicles were forming in my tear ducts. Anyway, I remember having to stop twice in order to warm myself up during the 12-mile drive. Thank goodness every square mile of the south is dotted with a Waffle House, Krystal or Krispy Kreme. :)

Another good game. Syracuse played a great game and went out and won it They deserve their win. I really hate seeing the officials interject themselves in a game like that though. 2 or 3 TD's called back on WV killed their momentum, then add in all their mistakes and they were doomed.

Up next, I don't have much faith in Texas hanging with the Beavers. Maybe they will play for their pride. I hate to see texas blow a redshirt on their freshmen QB's if something happens to Ash. It would suck to give up a season just for a partial game.

Nah, bama didn't just recently play at Penn State. Didn't happen. lol. Let me guess, too early in t
the season?
Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

They rarely ever leave thier SE corridor either, the farthest they will be going is Texas and thats only because they HAVE too now ...
Is the big 10 any different? Or any major conference really? We play big ooc games just like everyone else. Sometimes they are home and homes. Sometimes they are neutral site games.

Another good game. Syracuse played a great game and went out and won it They deserve their win. I really hate seeing the officials interject themselves in a game like that though. 2 or 3 TD's called back on WV killed their momentum, then add in all their mistakes and they were doomed.

Up next, I don't have much faith in Texas hanging with the Beavers. Maybe they will play for their pride. I hate to see texas blow a redshirt on their freshmen QB's if something happens to Ash. It would suck to give up a season just for a partial game.

I thought you could still play x amount of your season and still be able to redshirt ...
Jordan Hall played like 2 games, at most and is coming back for his 5th year of eligibility.
He's been injured most of the year if that has any bearing.

I'm don't know the ins and outs of burning a redshirt. I know there are conditions and extenuating circumstances, but its not guaranteed to get the exemption if they were to play 1 of the 2 freshmen.

Yeah I've seen that go both ways as well. Never have looked into the why if it. I doubt they would blow one on half a meaningless bowl game though.

Is the big 10 any different? Or any major conference really? We play big ooc games just like everyone else. Sometimes they are home and homes. Sometimes they are neutral site games.

Have ya looked at the Home and Home the Big ten plays of late, Texas, USC, Oklahoma coming up, others previously that I don't have off the top of my head.
Thats just OSU.
Michigan plays ND every year, showed up for Bama this year, I would imagine that Bama is coming North to the Big House next year ?
Maybe ?

Correction, did Bama come to Michigan this past season ?, according to the M schedule they did, but I think thats wrong.

I just checked the Bama schedule, they also showed it being @ Bama, one of them is wrong, I'm pretty sure it was in Bama.

Hmmm, imagine that, NO Michigan game on Bama's schedule for a road game at Michigan next year ...
I was unable to find schedules any further out than 2013

Last edited:
The mich-alabama game was kickoff classic in dallas at jerrys world

Thats right ..... the sec had to get use to the LONG travel involved, it must be quite toll on them as they never do it.

See why people HATE Jerry .... always having to but in and grab the money.

Have ya looked at the Home and Home the Big ten plays of late, Texas, USC, Oklahoma coming up, others previously that I don't have off the top of my head.
Thats just OSU.
Michigan plays ND every year, showed up for Bama this year, I would imagine that Bama is coming North to the Big House next year ?
Maybe ?

Correction, did Bama come to Michigan this past season ?, according to the M schedule they did, but I think thats wrong.

I just checked the Bama schedule, they also showed it being @ Bama, one of them is wrong, I'm pretty sure it was in Bama.

Hmmm, imagine that, NO Michigan game on Bama's schedule for a road game at Michigan next year ...
I was unable to find schedules any further out than 2013

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/sec/alabama-crimson-tide.php

Let me help ya there.

Bama has an amazing OOC next season, I'm not sure if their backups will see the field in these tough upcoming games! :rolleyes:

Neutral site in Atlanta against VTech

Then they stay at home and play the power house programs from Colorado St and Georgia St and then the 2nd to last week of the season Chattanooga is slated to give them what is sure to be a mighty workout.

So since 08, Bamas OOC schedule has included (big names by year) Clemson, Va Tech, Penn State with a home and home, and Michigan with a neutral. Our upcoming includes Va Tech once again, West Va with a neutral, Michigan State with a home and home (twice in big ten country in the past few years), and Ga Tech with a home and home.

We also play our considerable conference schedule year in and year out. I would stack that against anyone. Yeah we do have our cupcakes, but to mention only them, and leave out the rest is a stretch to make the argument at best. I will wager a shiny new nickle I can find cupcakes on every schedule of any fans team here.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/sec/alabama-crimson-tide.php

Let me help ya there.

Bama has an amazing OOC next season, I'm not sure if their backups will see the field in these tough upcoming games! :rolleyes:

Neutral site in Atlanta against VTech

Then they stay at home and play the power house programs from Colorado St and Georgia St and then the 2nd to last week of the season Chattanooga is slated to give them what is sure to be a mighty workout.

Really? Lamar? UTSA (who is that?) Yall do have Miss State at home I guess. Wait, that one is in Houston.

Thats right ..... the sec had to get use to the LONG travel involved, it must be quite toll on them as they never do it.
Pretty sure the SEC didn't force Michigan to play there. This is laughable if this is the argument.

Don't get me wrong guys, I'd love a home and home with some of the big schools up north and out west that we beat during bowl season ( :) )

But, don't try to throw it all off on us when it doesn't happen. Yall aren't doing it any more than we are. ;).

Really? Lamar? UTSA (who is that?) Yall do have Miss State at home I guess. Wait, that one is in Houston.

Hey now.....we're talking about the hillbilly's and cousin's schedules not the Pokes. :rant:

I agree as do most of our fans, the schedule sucks, but Gundy has been quoted that he wants to match the sec's weak OOC scheduling. That's why he made the play that he wanted to leave. He wanted control of scheduling. He is rather miffed at Holder for scheduling Miss St when we already play 8 ranked opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)