NCAA Football 2014 season

Ok Ill play your game. OLe Miss was so long ago and losing Drake in that game was huge but unlike yourself I am not spitting out whiny excuses. So Move Bama to #1
So the fact that your starting a freshman QB and all new linemen mean nothing .... glad I don't play for your team.

Its your conference that needs to climb the mountain, not the SEC. Besides, Bama has proven every season the place does not matter. Les Miles entered Saturday night 46-3 at home at night... until the Tide rolled into Death valley where record noise levels have been recorded in the past.
Yup they've only played 3 road games ... :eeek

It doesn't matter what I have to say, you respond in that typical negative was regardless ...

Ok, your right, sec is god and thats all there is in your world.

So the fact that your starting a freshman QB and all new linemen mean nothing .... glad I don't play for your team.
Of course it does. It means a ton.
Still OSU should not have lost that game at home.
That said, they are admittedly very much improved. Played again, there is no doubt to me that they would win it, and if they had, the rankings would be different in the top four.

I must have missed that one, it happens so infrequently.

I forgot Bama and Penn State have a history from well before the Big Ten came along.
It is a series that I would love to have played more often. Any Bama or Penn state fan would say the same. This was before the big scandal up there, and Joe Pa was given a standing O when he came onto the field. It was almost as if the Bear came back. Kinda.

The respect that the two programs and their fans showed each other on both trips is how it should be done.

See Jimbo, you would be hard pressed to find a fan of any of these big programs that wouldn't LOVE to have these home and home series played yearly. I would love to have a home and home with OSU, Michigan, Nebraska, USC, ect.
But I do understand why they aren't played more often, and are scheduled more as a neutral site game instead. Both schools agree to it, so that shows me that they people that run these programs get it too.

You seem to want to make it as how its just one side that won't have it, for whatever reason it is this week, when it simply is not the case. It is not the weather. It is not the fear of competition. It is not a fear of air travel.

It is money. Not only the payout from these big entertainment spectacular games, but also for the extra home game that these schools pick up. Sure, it may be a nobody, but the schools make more off of that nobody home game then they do off of a trip to (wherever).

In this day of college football that is just how it works. For better or worse.

Reactions: tigerfan33
See Jimbo, you would be hard pressed to find a fan of any of these big programs that wouldn't LOVE to have these home and home series played yearly. I would love to have a home and home with OSU, Michigan, Nebraska, USC, ect.
But I do understand why they aren't played more often, and are scheduled more as a neutral site game instead. Both schools agree to it, so that shows me that they people that run these programs get it too.

You seem to want to make it as how its just one side that won't have it, for whatever reason it is this week, when it simply is not the case. It is not the weather. It is not the fear of competition. It is not a fear of air travel.

It is money. Not only the payout from these big entertainment spectacular games, but also for the extra home game that these schools pick up. Sure, it may be a nobody, but the schools make more off of that nobody home game then they do off of a trip to (wherever).

In this day of college football that is just how it works. For better or worse.
I can pack 110,000 each weekend regardless of who comes in.

Why these schools can't do a home and home is beyond me (other than the every once in a blue moon.)

Ohio State has been doing home and homes with a lot of top teams in the last 10 years and many more are scheduled ... thing is, it's not a top team every week ...
Up here we also play the In State teams so they can make money, the pay check for most of them is HUGE ...

On another subject, I don't want to hear the complaining about the Bucks schedule when they play thier In State teams .... just look at the pathetic schedule the sec is running out there in 2 weeks ...
Collective they have ... East Kentucky, South Alabama, Charleston Southern, Western Carolina and Samford ....

The MAC schools the Big Ten plays would wipe every one of those schools.

Last edited:
Yes jimbo, all the big name schools can pack their 100,000 plus stadiums no matter who they play, and as I just said, and you just confirmed that is exactly why these big name home and homes don't happen.
They can play a neutral site game, make more money, and all the while not have to give up a lucrative hone game next season in exchange for it.

It is money, and it is not that hard to understand.

Now I do wish bama would schedule in state schools like south or uab as the cupcake home game but they don't.

It doesn't hurt bama but I'd love for south to be able to experience that game.

Anyway, a cupcake is a cupcake, be it an in state school or not. I wouldn't try to argue that as anything other than what it is.

Yes jimbo, all the big name schools can pack their 100,000 plus stadiums no matter who they play, and as I just said, and you just confirmed that is exactly why these big name home and homes don't happen.
They can play a neutral site game, make more money, and all the while not have to give up a lucrative hone game next season in exchange for it.

Now I do wish bama would schedule in state schools like south or uab as the cupcake home game but they don't.

Anyway, a cupcake is a cupcake, be it an in state school or not. I wouldn't try to argue that as anything other than what it is.
And only a tenth of the fans get to go that would normally go.

Somebody said a few pages back that the cupcakes were over early ... is why I mentioned it.

Somebody said a few pages back that the cupcakes were over early ... is why I mentioned it.
I'm honestly surprised that the other conferences never figured out this perk from the bcs era.

A late season loss is deadly and with in conference games being so competitive in the sec it made sense from a strategic standpoint to break that up.

Hard to argue the results.

That may well change in the age of a selection committee.

Makes no difference. Sadly for the fans that is.

Its an arms race, and that takes money. So again, that's why they do it. It won't change.
Unfortunately, it's the same with Championship game in any sport, those that support the teams all year long get booted out and the corperate people take all the seasts.

I'm honestly surprised that the other conferences never figured out this perk from the bcs era.

A late season loss is deadly and with in conference games being so competitive in the sec it made sense from a strategic standpoint to break that up.

Hard to argue the results.

That may well change in the age of a selection committee.
But if your on a roll, do you really want the voters looking towards the end of your season that you have a non factor game stuck in there to slow your momentum.
I noticed not every sec school did that that particular weekend.

Btw, are all those cupcakes at least in the same division (1 or 2 so forth)

But if your on a roll, do you really want the voters looking towards the end of your season that you have a non factor game stuck in there to slow your momentum.
I noticed not every sec school did that that particular weekend.

Btw, are all those cupcakes at least in the same division (1 or 2 so forth)
Hasn't really mattered because they have rivalry weekend to end the regular season and those in the running for championship spots have the conference champ game for the final boost.

As much as I might not like it as a fan, its pretty genius.

Unfortunately, it's the same with Championship game in any sport, those that support the teams all year long get booted out and the corperate people take all the seasts.
Yep. I'd much rather have the playoff games, at least the semis on campus of the teams in them.

But again, money. In these cases, more from a corporate side, but that's the system.

Yep. I'd much rather have the playoff games, at least the semis on campus of the teams in them.

But again, money. In these cases, more from a corporate side, but that's the system.
Yes, it's gonna be good to expand the playoff, but can you really expect your fans to go to Neutral site locations to see your team 3 weeks in a row. (thinking down the line here)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts