NCAA Football 2014 season

Now that Alabama has been bumped from the top 4, the SEC folk are howling...

As it is, Alabama will be back just as soon as they beat Miss St., and the Cowbells will quickly return next year to being the Vandy of the West (minus the academics).

With all the other big conferences having potential 1-loss champions, there was no way the SEC was going to get multiple 1-loss teams in, and definitely not any 2-loss teams. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

What the SEC needs to be worried about, is if Miss St. or Alabama lose to Missouri or Georgia in the SEC Championship. If that happens, there will be no SEC team in the 4-team playoff, as Ohio State will have leapt over the loser of Miss St.-Alabama, and then will leap over the one that loses the SEC Championship game (the loser of the Oregon-Arizona St. Pac-16 championship game will also be lept over, and once/if Ohio St. wins the BigTen Championship game, they'll leap Baylor).

As for Oregon leaping over FSU, that I can't see any justification for. A major 1-loss team should not jump a major undefeated team.
I like your thinking ...
Of course if Ohio State doesn't win the BT Championship, they will be out .

It is not Bama being outside at this point that makes me comment. Although I certainly think they should be in, any one loss team can have a valid argument, and we get our chance this weekend. Maybe.

Hell, the way they have the baylor /tcu flip flop bonanza, Bama could win against state, and the committee could still leave State in and Bama out. It seems head to head means very little to them.

That in addition to Oregon over FSU, is what makes this ranking laughable.

Of course, oregon being 2 and fsu being 3 means little other than the color jersey they would wear.
Were I FSU id pray for a jump to first or a fall to 4. That means the difference between playing in New Orleans or going across the country.
Whats wrong with going across the country ? :biggrin

Yeah, why postpone the hearing? They want to postpone it until the season is over, by then he will just leave school.

Reactions: salsadancer7
As for the Winston postponement ...
This was done entirely so he could play the rest of the season and playoffs without having to worry about missing time.

Will he be back next year, maybe, maybe not.

As for the Winston postponement ...
This was done entirely so he could play the rest of the season and playoffs without having to worry about missing time.
Shouldn't be a hearing in the first place. Both the local and state prosecutor looked into it, found plenty of holes in the girl's story, and dismissed the case.

Shouldn't be a hearing in the first place. Both the local and state prosecutor looked into it, found plenty of holes in the girl's story, and dismissed the case.
beach-inside.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/15/s...and-run-becomes-two-traffic-tickets.html?_r=0

In the early morning hours of Oct. 5, as this college town was celebrating another big football victory by Florida State University, a starting cornerback on the team drove his car into the path of an oncoming vehicle driven by a teenager returning home from a job at the Olive Garden.
Both cars were totaled. But rather than remain at the scene as the law requires, the football player, P. J. Williams, left his wrecked vehicle in the street and fled into the darkness along with his two passengers, including Ronald Darby, the team’s other starting cornerback.
The Tallahassee police responded to the off-campus accident, eventually reaching out to the Florida State University police and the university’s athletic department.
By the next day, it was as if the hit and run had never happened.

Reactions: Mike0616
Thank you VPI for beating Duke, and with us handling Clempson easily, Ga Tech is tied in the lead in the Coastal with Duke & Miami.

With Tech's ACC play finished, we can sit back and watch. The tie breaker is wierd though.
If Duke loses another game, Tech wins the division
If Miami loses another game, and Duke doesn't, Duke wins.
If both Miami and Duke win all thier remaining games, Miami wins.

I'm a neutral observer to the MSU/Alabama game, but I have to say that Gary Danielson really needs to get lips off Alabama's ass. Its embarrassing.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)