NCAA proposes tough taunting, concussion rules

mccoyrj

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Aug 27, 2007
Southwest Ohio
NCAA proposes new taunting, concussion rules - NCAA Football - SI.com

I'm curious to see if those of you who say Manning was unsportsmanlike by not shaking hands after the Superbowl, would like to see this rule carry to the NFL.

Personally, I think the taunting they are talking about is worse than what Peyton did. The taunting is obviously intentional, and what Peyton did may not have been.

Last edited:
The taunting rules seem to become a topic of debate among college football players, coaches and fans every season. Last season's big controversy stemmed from Georgia receiver A.J. Green receiving a 15-year personal foul penalty after he caught a go-ahead touchdown pass late in a game against LSU. The yardage from the penalty was assessed on the ensuing kickoff and helped LSU get into position to drive for the winning score.

Whoa! now that is a bad penalty!

I don't really have a problem with this new rule until it is a bogus call like the one above (don't get me wrong I HATE UGA, but that call was crap).

Requiring players who wear "eye black" to use solid black with no words, logos, numbers or other symbols. That will be effective next season.

I guess this can be called the Tebow rule? Pretty silly if you ask me.

Whoa! now that is a bad penalty!

I don't really have a problem with this new rule until it is a bogus call like the one above (don't get me wrong I HATE UGA, but that call was crap)...
I agree it was bogus call, but LSU then scored on a 40 yard running play if I remember right, which could've been from their own 20 the way the LSU back left those Bulldogs in his dust. The Tigers were then penalized for the same thing with over a minute left and Georgia couldn't get into fieldgoal range even with the field position.

Bulldogs sucked last year. I was embarrased that LSU didn't win by more than they did.

Wow its sad when GROWN men, cant play a game without people crying because someone points his finger in the air, or spikes a ball or does a little dance to celebrate..

Nor can players have "eye black" now with their team logos?

I'm curious to see if those of you who say Manning was unsportsmanlike by not shaking hands after the Superbowl, would like to see this rule carry to the NFL.

Personally, I think the taunting they are talking about is worse than what Peyton did. The taunting is obviously intentional, and what Peyton did may not have been.

WHAT in the world does this have to do with Manning and Lebron being poor sports for not shaking hands after loosing?:confused::rolleyes:

But seriously, the taughting IS unsportsman-like to me and there SHOULD be penalties....pointing and standing over players after big hits....pointing at players after scoring a touchdown....things of that nature. But some of these are ridiculous to me. AND this is coming from a guy who is a HUGE fan of the school that INVENTED swagger and taunting...The U.:eek:

I hear ya, and I'm totally against people taunting other players, however, sometimes these things get called when it really is someone celebrating an amazing play that they made. It is fun to see people fired up about an interception/touchdown/fumble recovery!

I hear ya, and I'm totally against people taunting other players, however, sometimes these things get called when it really is someone celebrating an amazing play that they made. It is fun to see people fired up about an interception/touchdown/fumble recovery!

I LOVE when guys get excited about a touchdown, interception or a big dance. I don't know....something about a bunch of stuffy, old, white shirts telling kids how they should behave about a game they don't get paid for is sort lame as sh**!

Well i will admit i taunted! I mean i was bad. We talked so much sh*t that i am surprised we did not start fights! Of coarse we got it as much as we gave! At the end we realized it was a game and we are men and we ALWAYS tried to shake hands! Some people did not want to shake but that was for a entire different reason! God Bless TEXAS and GOD Bless the LONG HORNS!! HOOKEM!:up Anyway i have no idea what this has to do with Manning?

WHAT in the world does this have to do with Manning and Lebron being poor sports for not shaking hands after loosing?:confused::rolleyes:

But seriously, the taughting IS unsportsman-like to me and there SHOULD be penalties....
Isn't being a poor sport the same as being unsportsmanlike? Whatever. :D

I certainly hope they don't go overboard with this. I'd hate to see my teams touchdowns negated because a lineman up the field jumped up and pointed his fists at the crowd. Hopefully they'll just concentrate on the guy with the ball, and cut him a little slack at times.

Last edited:
I LOVE when guys get excited about a touchdown, interception or a big dance. I don't know....something about a bunch of stuffy, old, white shirts telling kids how they should behave about a game they don't get paid for is sort lame as sh**!
You mean like the lame asses who bitch about someone who has always presented themselves with the utmost dignity on the field who didn't happen to search through a Superbowl celebration crowd to shake hands with a player? Or just the stuffy old white shirt lame asses that think the look-at-me attitude of the guy who dances to the endzone with his hands on his hips shows a small lack of sportsmanship?

Last edited:
You mean like the lame asses who bitch about someone who has always presented themselves with the utmost dignity on the field who didn't happen to search through a Superbowl celebration crowd to shake hands with a player? Or just the stuffy old white shirt lame asses that think the look-at-me attitude of the guy who dances to the endzone with his hands on his hips shows a small lack of sportsmanship?

....ok I will be blunt. The "old boys network" of a bunch of old white guys making TONS of money off of a game played mostly by black kids in all the big schools. Then, expect a kid that was either dirt poor in the country or in the inner city, to follow an uppity, country club rules....

....THOSE guys....:rolleyes:

....am I being clear enough for ya?;)

....ok I will be blunt. The "old boys network" of a bunch of old white guys making TONS of money off of a game played mostly by black kids in all the big schools. Then, expect a kid that was either dirt poor in the country or in the inner city, to follow an uppity, country club rules....

....THOSE guys....:rolleyes:

....am I being clear enough for ya?;)
:D Just pickin' at you. You've always been clear to me. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)