'NCIS' : New Orleans

I wish CBS would stop advertising NCIS NO, the false southern/New Orleans accents are pissing me off. I don't know if I can take Scott Bakula's accent.

I wish CBS would stop advertising NCIS NO, the false southern/New Orleans accents are pissing me off. I don't know if I can take Scott Bakula's accent.
Lucus Black was born and raised in Alabama, so at least his is genuine (has a harsh Northern Alabama guttural ascent). As for Bakula's, a little over the top as you can tell it's forced and not natural.

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 1 (Series Premiere)

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

(Episode name TBD)
– Surrounded by the city’s soulful music and luscious food, Pride and his New Orleans NCIS team investigate a murder case with ties to the military. Meanwhile, Brody acclimates to life in the Big Easy with a little help from her coworkers.

Series Cast:

Scott Bakula (NCIS Special Agent Dwayne Pride)
Lucas Black (NCIS Special Agent Christopher LaSalle)
Zoe McLellan (Special Agent Meredith “Merri” Brody)
CCH Pounder (Dr. Loretta Wade)
Rob Kerkovich (Forensic Scientist Sebastian Lund)

S~

Original: Falling into the trap of pining away about a departed supporting cast member. She is gone, she didn't want to be even richer. Move on.

LA: We will see if the show can stand on its own and at 10. As the most openly "NCIS is really the NSA" show, can it work as more Americans begin to question that agency.

NO: Original, moved from American's least to most charming city, with recycled actors doing bad accents.

I didn't like the pilot of the show that was in an NCIS episode. I didn't care for the bad accents from actors who have no connection to the south at all. I feel the same way about watching shows about New York or New Jersey accents, by actors who are really not from that area. You can tell a difference in someone that is a native in those areas and someone that if forcing the accent. I won't be watching this show. I don't watch the L.A. version either. The idea of cookie cutter versions of the same show put in different cities, doesn't appeal to me any more. I got burned out on this with the CSI shows.

There are some actors who can imitate some accents and some others can´t. I don´t think Scott Bakula is in the first group.
Will give a try to NO, but I only watch the original, I tried LA and it just wasn´t for me.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
There are some actors who can imitate some accents and some others can´t. I don´t think Scott Bakula is in the first group.
Will give a try to NO, but I only watch the original, I tried LA and it just wasn´t for me.
Same here on the L.A. show. My wife loves it and I can't stand it. Good thing I have 4 different tvs in the house with the hopper system.

Reactions: DJdish
Same here on the L.A. show. My wife loves it and I can't stand it. Good thing I have 4 different tvs in the house with the hopper system.

Good for you, talking about southern accents, I was just watching CBS Reckless, the show takes place in Charleston, but they didn´t bother to have the actors do the accents. I think that´s much better than forcing accents which sound obviously fake, but that´s just IMO.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I watch NCIS as well as NCIS LA and enjoy both .... I will start out watching NO, but don't know how long, it didn't catch my interest with the original show, I watched it because the NCIS people were on it and it was in thier time slot.
I really don't expect this one to make it thru the season unless the NCIS crew continue to show up and carry the show.

That said, it might be nice to see a few of the NO people show up on a episode of NCIS once in a while.

Maybe I'll be thankful "BONES" is on. I am glad they had Ralph Waite on as Bones grandfather he played the role almost the same as he played Gibbs father.

TV Review: ‘NCIS: New Orleans’ https://movies.yahoo.com/news/tv-review-ncis-orleans-141516329.html
Of course, the series really started last season, when CBS featured a planted spinoff within the context of “NCIS.” And the prospect of regular crossovers between the two series is made clear right off the bat when CCH Pounder’s medical examiner consults via TV monitor with her counterpart played by David McCallum. (Hence the wisdom of ensuring that Harmon had a direct stake in the new show’s success.)Undaunted by concern about clichés, the plot for the premiere gets started with the discovery of a human leg in a pile o’ crawfish. And in a convenient flourish to help establish audience bonds with Bakula’s team leader Dwayne Pride (who everyone just calls by his surname), the victim turns out to be a young man he mentored who escaped a gang affiliation and wound up in the Navy.Like Ted Danson’s recruitment to “CSI,” Bakula is an actor who brings considerable range (most recently, see “Men of a Certain Age” and “Looking”) to these somewhat limited environs, but his natural charm helps make the series feel like a comfortable old pair of sneakers by the end of episode one. Rounding out the squad are Zoe McLellan as Meredith Brody, a Midwestern transplant trying to maintain some personal boundaries; and Lucas Black (yes, the kid from “Sling Blade” still has that signature accent) as the lovable rogue who can party all night and chase down bad guys all day.

It was just Ok for me, not sure if this NCIS NO will work for me but I´ll give it another try or so. NCIS LA didn´t work for me, but I still enjoy NCIS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts