NCIS

I really did not like the NO proposed spin off.

LA had a hook. Obviously, it has an even more tenious connection to the real NCIS. Its more about a spy agency. Last year's "Red" had the posibility of roaming the country, or world, like old shows like The Fugitive, Moving On or Route 66.

This is just a group of non-Southerners with really bad faux-accents and a guy just like Gibbs, doing the same stuff. You cannot get by with NO scenes and nothing else new, especially when filming in LA.

Memo to CBS. There are actors that really are from the South.

This is just a group of non-Southerners with really bad faux-accents and a guy just like Gibbs, doing the same stuff. You cannot get by with NO scenes and nothing else new, especially when filming in LA. Memo to CBS. There are actors that really are from the South.
Actually for the young guy, that's no fake accent. He's all real. Every movie he's in he sounds exactly the same. He was also the young boy in the movie Sling Blade. He sounded the same in it as a teen. He's a true Alabama boy.

I'm not sure i see the hook for New Orleans, either.
Not a big fan of NCIS-LA, but it's no clone of the original.
Has a different fundamental MO, or format.
Guess we'll see.

Actually for the young guy, that's no fake accent. He's all real. Every movie he's in he sounds exactly the same. He was also the young boy in the movie Sling Blade. He sounded the same in it as a teen. He's a true Alabama boy.
Yep, Lucas Black is about as southern as they come. Born in Alabama, raised Southern Baptist and now lives in Columbia, MO.

I'm not sure i see the hook for New Orleans, either.
Not a big fan of NCIS-LA, but it's no clone of the original.
Has a different fundamental MO, or format.
Guess we'll see.

I don't lke the L.A. version and doubt that the New Orleans show will fair any better. Scott Baccula has a way of staring in failing shows lately. Enterprise never really took off with him as the captain. That show he did with Ray Ramano - something about male Mid life crises, also failed and it was boring too. I don't think that another clone of NCIS in another town will survive. It is way past time to come up with NEW IDEAS for tv shows. The cookie cutter approach doesn't work any more.

... I don't think that another clone of NCIS in another town will survive. It is way past time to come up with NEW IDEAS for tv shows. The cookie cutter approach doesn't work any more.
I like LA. Its original enough to keep me interested. But NO... No. Besides how many Navy personnel can be are alive anyway!:D

Next Episode: Season 11, Episode 19

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

"Crescent City: Part II": Special Agent Pride (Scott Bakula) and Gibbs follow leads after evidence suggests the Privileged Killer has a copycat; DiNozzo receives a special souvenir from Bishop.

S~

I don't lke the L.A. version and doubt that the New Orleans show will fair any better. Scott Baccula has a way of staring in failing shows lately. Enterprise never really took off with him as the captain. That show he did with Ray Ramano - something about male Mid life crises, also failed and it was boring too. I don't think that another clone of NCIS in another town will survive. It is way past time to come up with NEW IDEAS for tv shows. The cookie cutter approach doesn't work any more.

Umm, I think NCIS LA does very well ...
I've never heard about them having poor ratings ...

Weather N.O. makes it or not LA will continue to do fine.

Umm, I think NCIS LA does very well ...
I've never heard about them having poor ratings ...

Weather N.O. makes it or not LA will continue to do fine.

Never said that the L.A. version does poorly in ratings , I said I don't like it personally. It's the cast I don't care for, nothing against the city itself. My wife loves it and watches every week. I delete it without watching on my hopper . I said the shows that Scott Baculla has been in these last ten years or so have done poorly in ratings and I am afraid that his new show will suffer the same fate. Loved him in Quantum leap but that was like over 20 years ago. I just hate the cookie cutter approach to television. I didn't like when they did it with CSI and I don't like it when they do it with NCIS either. I want something new and different.

Baculla did not sink his recent shows. They were turkeys to begin with.

Good luck with new and different, no matter what they show, someone will say it's a take off of something else... ;) I liked JAG, NCIS & LA along with all the CSI's, there is an audience out there for these type shows... Look at how the Law & Order franchise did well for so long.

Never said that the L.A. version does poorly in ratings , I said I don't like it personally. It's the cast I don't care for, nothing against the city itself. My wife loves it and watches every week. I delete it without watching on my hopper . I said the shows that Scott Baculla has been in these last ten years or so have done poorly in ratings and I am afraid that his new show will suffer the same fate. Loved him in Quantum leap but that was like over 20 years ago. I just hate the cookie cutter approach to television. I didn't like when they did it with CSI and I don't like it when they do it with NCIS either. I want something new and different.

You Said:
"I don't lke the L.A. version and doubt that the New Orleans show will fair any better."

Doubt that the N.O. version will do any better ?
LA is done GREAT, the N.O. version would be thrilled to do that well.

Doubting the new one would do better than LA, implys that LA is doing poorly.

You Said:
"I don't lke the L.A. version and doubt that the New Orleans show will fair any better."

Doubt that the N.O. version will do any better ?
LA is done GREAT, the N.O. version would be thrilled to do that well.

Doubting the new one would do better than LA, implys that LA is doing poorly.

I meant that I doubt the N. O. version would do any better in MY BOOK. Meaning I doubt that I would like it any better than I did the L.A. version. Sorry it wasn't clearer. My opinion has always been that cookie cutter versions of shows except in different cities, is stupid and I am not for it.

Good luck with new and different, no matter what they show, someone will say it's a take off of something else... ;) I liked JAG, NCIS & LA along with all the CSI's, there is an audience out there for these type shows... Look at how the Law & Order franchise did well for so long.

There are so many different shows they could do when it comes to tv. The cop/detective genre is so played out even if it is now relegated to the Navy like NCIS. Shows that make you think are what I like. Resurrection/ Returned, Continuum, any show that involves thinking about what if this could happen. Writers just take the easy way out when they do spin offs of something that is already popular and just change the city that the team is involved with it. They have a tendency to kill the goose that lays the golden egg, when they over expose the genre with duplicates, triplicates etc. For example the Once Upon a Time in Wonderland -just cancelled , is a perfect example of trying to zerox the same idea and hope the viewers won't mind the copy.

I meant that I doubt the N. O. version would do any better in MY BOOK. Meaning I doubt that I would like it any better than I did the L.A. version. Sorry it wasn't clearer. My opinion has always been that cookie cutter versions of shows except in different cities, is stupid and I am not for it.

Gotcha.

???? At 59 Bakula might be too old to be a macho lead in a 2 man office. After replaying my DVR'd copy there is no NOLA team it is just the NCIS team with some bit players being thrown in. And some fluff using names from New Orleans. Hopefully the next episode won't be an April Fools Day joke.

???? At 59 Bakula might be too old to be a macho lead in a 2 man office. After replaying my DVR'd copy there is no NOLA team it is just the NCIS team with some bit players being thrown in. And some fluff using names from New Orleans. Hopefully the next episode won't be an April Fools Day joke.
What you talking about? Mark Harmon is 62!!! :)