NE Atlanta DTV installer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dervari

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Does anyone know who DTV contracts with to do installes in NE Atlanta (85/285, Northlake area)? I want to call them to discuss my mounting situation. NO WAY can I get by with a pole mount on the ground due to trees. They'd have to mount the dish about 3' from the road in front of my house and there is NO WAY I can pass the WAP (wife approval process) on that. I've heard that one Atlanta installer flat out refused to mount on the roof, and I'm going to need a roof or chimney install.

I am in Gwinnett and last year when I had my R10 installed it was by Ron's TV, don't know if he does them all though. I am concerned about non roof mounts, that may be a deal killer for me too, it appears that people in Detroit did not have any issues with the 5 LNB dish mounted on their roofs.

Perhaps roofs in Detroit are a bit sturdier since they have quite a bit of snow.

I wonder if you put a piece of metal on the underside of the mounting bracket on the roof would help...

dervari said:
Does anyone know who DTV contracts with to do installes in NE Atlanta (85/285, Northlake area)? I want to call them to discuss my mounting situation. NO WAY can I get by with a pole mount on the ground due to trees. They'd have to mount the dish about 3' from the road in front of my house and there is NO WAY I can pass the WAP (wife approval process) on that. I've heard that one Atlanta installer flat out refused to mount on the roof, and I'm going to need a roof or chimney install.
My installer was RON's tv out of Gwinnett, and they just installed my new 5 LNB dish and two H20 receivers today:D. They totally refused to put the dish on the roof. I couldn't understand why until he pulled that sucker out. Man that thing is HUGE!!! :eek: Guys, you are not going to want that thing on your roof when you see the size of it! I mean, it totally morphs the 3 LNB dish!!! I really feel bad for the people who have to deal with a home owners association!! :no

I might have to cancel then. I have absolutely NOWHERE to put it except on the roof or chimney. It would have to be in the middle of my front yard 3' from the road. :(

I have a feeling they just don't want to deal with it. Roof installs are being done in Detroit using a bipid to help shore it up.

As for people with an HOA, the dish is still small enough to be exempted from any HOA restrictions.

dervari said:
I might have to cancel then. I have absolutely NOWHERE to put it except on the roof or chimney. It would have to be in the middle of my front yard 3' from the road. :(
Don't cancel, you may just get someone who will do it! It won't hurt to try! :yes

dervari said:
As for people with an HOA, the dish is still small enough to be exempted from any HOA restrictions.
Yeah, I know! But, Ill say again, when you see how HUGE this thing is, I can bet you $100 bucks someone in the HOA will have something to say about it! :yes

Well, I'm going to let them go ahead and come out. Maybe they can chimney mount the thing in worst case.

There's always some butthead who'll complain, but it won't do them any good. :)

I was under the impression that the 5 LNB dish came with the extra mount. My brother installs DTV in Maryland and he told me that.

D* told me today that Ron's TV was the only authorized installer for the Atlanta area. I doubt that is true but thought I would pass it on.

They actually are the only Authorized dealer in Atlanta and they have about 5 main locations throughout GA. However, they do sub-contract their work out to smaller dish companies when they are overloaded so beware!

Has anyone gotten a price for a new customer install? The Direct retailer at Discover Mills quoted me a charge of 599- 200 for the rebate. 399 for 3 regular recievers and 1 HD box, switch, new behemouth dish etc..
Seems a bit inflated??

A co worker of mine had his 5-lnb dish installed along with the H20 this past Saturday. He lives in Jefferson, and he said the installer came from South Carolina instead of Atlanta. It was apparently his first time to install the new dish, because he had problems and was on the phone the whole time. The installer did mention he went to a 4 hour class on it, but he didn't get hands on experience.

I would be a new subscriber to D* as well. I didn't think we would be charged for the install? Am I mistaken? I've not contacted D* directly, yet, but that would be a deal breaker for me if I had to come out of pocket that much. I'll just wait for E* to get their act together on HD LiL or see what Alltel finally comes up with for their cable service in my area.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts