Nebraska Public TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had them tuned in last night on the DVB TP. Mine scan in as TV1, TV2, TV3 etc with one in HD. Which are NET1, NET2 and so on.

I haven't tried the DCII TP, recently but I believe they are still up.

Thanks Corrado,

It's still there, but for some reason a very, very weak signal.

Thanks again.

Kinda strange that the signal is so weak. One would think that they'd like people to easily pick up their signal. I guess they need more donations?

are we talking the DCII mux or the DVB?

DVB has been low for a long time. But I thought the DCII mux was stronger

Now that I got my sats PROPERLY programmed in, I'm getting NETV on DCII. When I get time, I'll see if I can get it on DVB.

The signal is good here (DVB). On my CS6100, I get a stable video (no sound: AC3); on CS8100, pulsating video and audio, really not worth watching( sigh!!!). And it seems that the Coolsat Company is no more, so no way to resolve that problem.

Mike

Yes I know Ice; I even initiated the thread. I just find frustrating that the CS6100 get it right, but not the CS8100.

Mike

Well, I finaly got around to programming the FTA channels. Interesting that the $ sign is showing up on something that should always be "free".

Looks like the uplinks, both DCII and FTA, has been down all day. No OTA also, of course.

Man, it really makes me mad when I'm watching their DVB signal and then they suddenly shut down their Neb*Sat mux. The DCII was still up but I only get SQ of 43 (drops down to 37 at times). And they have been having trouble with their KTNE transmitter. I rarely watch NET but my son loves some of the kids programming and I sometimes like to watch NOVA or "The McLaughlin Group". :rant:

DVB I think is in testing stages. DC2 should be up always, but unless you have a 12 foot dish or larger like NET recommends you could have drop outs due to not enough signal. These channels are provided free so you get what you pay for and are at there mercy :(

Not to be a smart A** but Net DC2 mux comes in fine on my set up my BUD

10.8 foot guess thats almost a 12 footer. i get 85% Sq without any issues

dropouts. ect

But yeah the DVB NET Muxl is gone right now on my setup but when the NET

Mux is up i get a 98% Sq right up there with the Pentgon channel.

Not to be a smart A** but Net DC2 mux comes in fine on my set up my BUD

10.8 foot guess thats almost a 12 footer. i get 85% Sq without any issues

dropouts. ect

But yeah the DVB NET Muxl is gone right now on my setup but when the NET

Mux is up i get a 98% Sq right up there with the Pentgon channel.

Using a 10 foot dish should work if you alignment is right on and it is an efficient dish. It sound's like yours is both. I think half the problem that happens with people is there dishes are not maximized. Even though I have a 12 foot which means I don't have to squeeze every drop out of it, I do. If you have the gain in the dish then use it. When your in the game as many years as I've been you learn what works best. That extra tweaking can go a long way when it comes to marginal signals.

I just went over to G28 to see what I'm getting on the NET channels. The DSR922 shows 100 Signal 93 Quality. The Pansat 9200HD shows 79 Signal 85 Quality. NET running strong right now with no dropouts. But I too have a 12' dish and have it tweaked to the max.

What I don't understand is that I've never had a problem getting NET, now all of a sudden, nothing......... It seems like everytime I tweak something in, it screws up something else and causes more problems :confused:

Jim, If you loose something when gaining something else it's telling me your not tracking the arc properly. You need to peak your elevation on your true south bird and the azimuth with something low in the arc. Then alternate between the two till no more is gained on either end. Then if you want you can fine adjust your feed for every last drop.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)