NEED ADVICE FOR MULTIPLE ROOM USE

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blue Crystal

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I want to view FTA TV in more than one room at the same time. I'm using a 10 ft C/KU dish with a CaptiveWorks 800 Receiver.
I know that I will need more receivers to accomplish this. Is it best to get another (smaller) dish that I could hook up dual LNB's and work from that point to other rooms or would it be best to just get a dish, LNB, and receiver for each room? I was using FTA in one room only and had Dish Network in the others. However, dish network is out the window. The only thing I liked to watch on Dish Net. that I couldn't get on FTA was Fox News, and we all know the answers about Fox news.
I've been doing FTA for about a year and a half, but not an expert. Would appreciate your ideas.

one way to skin the cat:

The Switches Simplified thread in the FAQ department will give you a lot of good info on the subject.
I suggest you read through it.
This particular post is the one that applies directly, but it will still help get acquainted with all the choices by reading the whole thing.

If you want to have both C-band and Ku, or if you want to be motorized, that complicates the issue.
Tell us more about your viewing needs (how many satellites, and which bands).

I have two receivers and DTV box each modulated to a different channel and use powermid remote extenders to do channel changing. Works OK in a small household, where there is no fighting over which channels to view.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)