Need Big Dish setup info?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Long Hair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Mo
#1. How deep should the post or pole be, say if 6ft. above ground.
#2 How much of the dish need's to see the sky, the whole dish or just the center (lnbf).
#3. Would this work. Using a angle finder with laser pointer to find the view of the dish to the sky. To see if I could set the dish above the tree line.

The reason I ask is because my location for the dish will be north of my house, facing south looking between two trees. I know it's not the best for looking at the
whole sky, but that's about the only option I have. At this location if all is well, I should be able to see from 70°W to about 120°W. Maybe location 2 but would only be able to see from may 120°W to 140°W.
I Would like to have 4dtv programming maybe w5 pack with movies HBO SHOWTIME.... Maybe FTA later on.

Usually recommended to be abt 5-6 ft up in the air,,,but all pending where you are from,,,,for my pole,,I made it 8 ft since I g
have to clear a lot of snw in the winter,,,as for where to set up,,,,this was a dilemma for me too,,,I would recommend to have either a professional to come over and check it out for you or do what I did,,,bought myself an AF 1 survey tool,,,,,,this way you can t go wrong,,,,,better to spend abt 80 dlls then find out you re in the wrong spot once all is setup,,,,,

Cheers lad,,,,

Pics

Some Pics to show Location, maybe I could mount on the gazebos. It would give a better angle, but it would be a pain if I had lnb problems.
pic1 pole location,pic 2 south,
pic3 east, and pic4 west.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 198
  • South.JPG
    South.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 180
  • East.JPG
    East.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 187
  • West.JPG
    West.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 193
Hiya Long hair,,,,,

Here's a few pics for you,,,,to give you a few ideas,,,,,,

Hole is 20" X 20",,,,,6 Ft deep,so to be below the frost line,,,,,,and the soil cap is 4" thick and 3 ft wide by 4 ft long

All together 20 bags of concrete,,,,,,

Cheers,,,

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    330.1 KB · Views: 188
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    340.4 KB · Views: 194
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts