Need Big Dish setup info?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Long Hair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Mo
#1. How deep should the post or pole be, say if 6ft. above ground.
#2 How much of the dish need's to see the sky, the whole dish or just the center (lnbf).
#3. Would this work. Using a angle finder with laser pointer to find the view of the dish to the sky. To see if I could set the dish above the tree line.

The reason I ask is because my location for the dish will be north of my house, facing south looking between two trees. I know it's not the best for looking at the
whole sky, but that's about the only option I have. At this location if all is well, I should be able to see from 70°W to about 120°W. Maybe location 2 but would only be able to see from may 120°W to 140°W.
I Would like to have 4dtv programming maybe w5 pack with movies HBO SHOWTIME.... Maybe FTA later on.

Usually recommended to be abt 5-6 ft up in the air,,,but all pending where you are from,,,,for my pole,,I made it 8 ft since I g
have to clear a lot of snw in the winter,,,as for where to set up,,,,this was a dilemma for me too,,,I would recommend to have either a professional to come over and check it out for you or do what I did,,,bought myself an AF 1 survey tool,,,,,,this way you can t go wrong,,,,,better to spend abt 80 dlls then find out you re in the wrong spot once all is setup,,,,,

Cheers lad,,,,

Pics

Some Pics to show Location, maybe I could mount on the gazebos. It would give a better angle, but it would be a pain if I had lnb problems.
pic1 pole location,pic 2 south,
pic3 east, and pic4 west.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 197
  • South.JPG
    South.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 180
  • East.JPG
    East.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 186
  • West.JPG
    West.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 193
Hiya Long hair,,,,,

Here's a few pics for you,,,,to give you a few ideas,,,,,,

Hole is 20" X 20",,,,,6 Ft deep,so to be below the frost line,,,,,,and the soil cap is 4" thick and 3 ft wide by 4 ft long

All together 20 bags of concrete,,,,,,

Cheers,,,

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    330.1 KB · Views: 187
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    340.4 KB · Views: 194
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)