Need Dual RG6 solid Copper

ontarget

Original poster
Apr 28, 2009
milford, oh
Does anyone have any idea's for the best place to order cable?

Dual strand solid copper RG6

The guys I was ordering from are no longer going to carry cable trying to find a some place that will still let me keep some profit margin:)

Over the years I've bought a lot of cable (but no RG6) and supplies from Markertek.

I've always been happy with their service.

Unfortunately, a quick look at their website only shows dual RG6 with copper/steel core.

Maybe they offer solid copper dual RG6 by phone?

It's ok for ROTV, but I don't like dual coax for two-way satellite internet connections because of the potential for inter-modulation distortion. Dual quad-shield reduces the risk of IM, but the downside is it's comparatively more expensive.

But what I wanted to point out is that Hughes and Wildblue - as do others I'm sure - issue Approved Cable lists to installers. Rather than simply shopping for the cheapest BC cable, you should be shopping for the best buy from those "approved" cables.

FWIW, I too buy from Markertek. I highly recommend Belden 1829BC (3GHz BC flooded). Even at 11 cents a foot, it saves money indirectly by avoiding the need for conduit. In many cases it can also be direct-buried shallower than otherwise specified by local code (the frost line thing).

//greg//

Attachments

• 1829BC.pdf
    28.9 KB · Views: 254

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts