Need Help 920 4dtv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
sounds to me like your battery is still good. um now lets try and get your limits set. you say its stuck on 5000? does your dish move when you bump it East To West ?

If I go to 6 4 3 to set limits, I can move the dish. I unplugged the unit thinking it was dead, so when I replugged it i had just a number with no satellite showing on front panel. I went into the 6 4 4, and got G1. I am now showing G1 3 on my front panel. My limits are 5000 west and 5000 east, because I have not set them yet. Was going to set them yesterday, but thought unit was dead, so I did not bother to set them. I'll do that tomorrow when it is daylight.

So you guys are saying I might be able to tinker into fixing it? I'm excited. This all started when we had a big rain, and I think some water got into the unit. Not much got in, but enough to cause a problem. After that the channel went out that it was on. It wasn't snow on the screen. It was kinda solid gray with wavy lines the best I remember. It has been 4 or 5 months ago.

You all are so wonderful. Thanks for all your help. Keep me posted. I'll call NPS for a hit and set the limits.

The DC light is not on even thought I'm on G1 3. How do I get a DC lock? I guess
I can't call NPS until I get the DC lock.

you have to get the Dish lined up with the Satellite G1 if its not pointing on that satellite the Dc light will not lock in. so make sure you get ur satellites lined up start with analog line it up with that if u dont have sub's G1 Channel 5 is Arts i believe. try that

when it moved to g1 did it click
if the limits are both 5000 it shouldn't move far. (it should error out)
i move mine right now without the sensor but i have to manually tune it .
so basicly i think you will need to set the limits or tune it manually. but try these first.... try moving to another sat and try to get a dc or vc lock then try to move it back.

just a couple of things to try

Are the numbers in the Dish Position limits degrees? If so how many numbers would there be in a fourth of a circle to a half of a circle? I'm trying to set my limits in the dark just so I can try to find G1.

Okay I set some limits at 4495 and 5368, (I just discovered my east and west wires are not on right so they are switched. I'll change that later.) Anyway when I try to find the G1 it settles on 4518, but still nothing. Is G1 due south? If so 4518 is not.

if everything was setup properly before.... you could only be a click or two off
you can adjust that by 6 4 4 and select G1 this will allow you to adjust east or west and auto peak once your there.

did any other channels show up on G1

you can try to tune G1 from here by tuning east or west until one of the channels show up

I guess I'll have to switch those wires before I can go further. I'll finish this tomorrow when I'm not so tired. I hope you guys will be here then.

Whichever wires move the dish east and west. I got them backwards. It's the actuator wires I think.

Guys this is so frustrating. I switched the wires and set the limits. I don't know where to set G1 thought to continue. My limits are 4496 E and 5368 W, if that helps.

If I unplug the receiver, I loose the settings. If I reset the limits, I don't know where to set G1. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

well the way i did mine was i manually searched , but i haven't got mine fully functional so there probably is an easier way.

i suspect that if your west limit is 5368 that g1 is closer to 5200 and search from there. if you have time tonight we can try.. or maybe someone can suggest another method.

Is there not a set number for G1? My west limit is set on 5227 instead of 5368, and east is 4586. I must have hit the numbers before turning it off. Don't know. I'm not sure what I'm doing. I just set some temporary limits to see if I could find the sats.

The limits may not be the most the dish would go. I probably have at least 45 degrees of movement though.

Hey Lizzie!

I would move to the West limit. Go into the satellite setup menu, and choose G1, then up arrow until you are on channel 5. That is Clasic Arts Showcase. It is a pure analog channel. Then just move East until it comes in.

When you get that channel, you will be on G1. Fine tune the satellite, and skew, and save the Satellite.

Then you can go to channel 3 and try to get a re-hit. You must have it fine-tuned enough to get a green DC lock when on channel 3 for it to work.

Hope that helps!

Fred

At dish position around 4926 my signal fluctuates around 20-24.

Hi Fred
Thanks for your idea. From west the first place I get a signal movement off of 10 is around 4926. Signal is now jumping to as high as 30 on G1 5. I do not have a picture only snow. Skew is on H 30.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)