Status
Please reply by conversation.

pdnettles

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 23, 2005
Garland, Tx
Hey Guys,

Can't seem to dial in my 2nd LNB. What is the proper procedure? I have exhausted myself trying. I get perfect reception with the primary one (the one in the middle of the dish), but nothing from the one next to it. I have tried all sorts of mounting angles and positions, but having no luck . I'm using a 36" Azure Shine dish, Invacom Universal LNB, and am trying to add a Std LNB for an analog receiver that just won't work with the Invacom Universal.

Dumb questions:
(1) After the lnb is mounted next to the primary one, must the dish be moved to receive the same Sat that the primary one is receiving now?

(2) How do I know if the second LNB is pointed at the correct position on the dish?

(3) What in the world is the "Sweet Spot" on the dish, and how the heck do I find it?

Thanks,
PD

You will have to mess around to hit the sweet spot, usually people only use this method when adding a DBS LNB to the side of their main KU LNBF. If its a fixed dish you should be able to get it (if the spacing is right) if its a motorized dish I would forget it!

When adding a DBS LNB to a motorized system, set the LNB to the exact same height and focal distance from the reflector, then motor round until you hit the signal.

pdnettles said:
Hey Guys,

Can't seem to dial in my 2nd LNB. What is the proper procedure? I have exhausted myself trying. I get perfect reception with the primary one (the one in the middle of the dish), but nothing from the one next to it. I have tried all sorts of mounting angles and positions, but having no luck . I'm using a 36" Azure Shine dish, Invacom Universal LNB, and am trying to add a Std LNB for an analog receiver that just won't work with the Invacom Universal.

Dumb questions:
(1) After the lnb is mounted next to the primary one, must the dish be moved to receive the same Sat that the primary one is receiving now?
yes since you are aiming at a different spot
(2) How do I know if the second LNB is pointed at the correct position on the dish?
depends on what you are aiming for...if you are aiming for a different satellite the signal will come in
(3) What in the world is the "Sweet Spot" on the dish, and how the heck do I find it?

Thanks,
PD
thats the spot where the most reflection is on the dish....as for how to finsd it I don't know...The only time I have ever used a 2nd LNB on a dish is for DBS and there is much more room for error than a 2nd KU LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts