Need Help in Guantanamo Bay

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

CyberIT

Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
I am having a little trouble getting Galaxy 3C (95*W) here in sunny GTMO and would like some help, please.

Here is my current setup:

GPS Location: 19* 56.383'N 75* 6.714'W

1 8ft prime focus dish pointed to the 101* (I receive all the channels I subscribe to)

1 6ft prime focus dish for the 95* (To receive the Filipino channels D* offers)
I am using a Invacom QPH-031 Quad Polar LNB on this dish (http://www.invacom.com/products/qph_031.htm)

1 Zinwell 4X4 multiswitch model SAM-4402-3 (http://www.zintech.com.tw/Product/LNBF/Switch.html)

1 D10-300 receiver that has already been programmed for the 101* and 95* (My wife sent it to me from my house in the states where we receive the Filipino channels also)

Does anyone know, with my current setup, should I be able to receive the signals from 95*? I was looking at it's footprint and I am located barely outside it's 40dbW Ku Horizontal Beam and between it's 44dbW and 46dbW Ku North American and Puerto Rico Beam (http://www.panamsat.com/global_network/galaxy3c_ku.asp)

Is the 6ft dish to small for the 95*?

Does anyone know which two ports on the Invacom LNB are for Linear polarity? Currently I am using the first from from the left when standing in front of the dish and the LNB ports are facing down.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

(Photos Attached)

Attachments

• Both Dishes.jpg
    Both Dishes.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 211
  • Six Foot Prime Focus Dish.jpg
    Six Foot Prime Focus Dish.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 201
  • Zinwell Switch.jpg
    Zinwell Switch.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Why? What he's doing is no different than all the folks who "move" their service. Unfortunately, I am unable to help him because I have not dealt with the satellite he needs, or the LNB he is using.

It seems to me, though, like the 6 foot dish is plenty big enough. Don't they use a 36" dish for that satellite?

Okay, Dr. Bob; done having your laugh yet? Why don't you try coming down here and having your life turned upside down because you can't get your favorite channel on the crapy cable service they have here and paying $46 a month for it!

I still pay D* for my service and so does half the population here on island. We here are still waiting for D* to offer us service here and spot beam for our location. Until then, the bigger dishes will have to work.

Hope you sleep well tonight knowing that I am here protecting YOUR freedom!!

Don't know which one but this might help.

Attachments

• invacom-test-report.pdf
    300.5 KB · Views: 420
that did help with making sure i am on the right connector. the LNB i have i borrowed from a friend and the plastic case was missing.

thanks.

CyberIT said:
Okay, Dr. Bob; done having your laugh yet? Why don't you try coming down here and having your life turned upside down because you can't get your favorite channel on the crapy cable service they have here and paying $46 a month for it!

I still pay D* for my service and so does half the population here on island. We here are still waiting for D* to offer us service here and spot beam for our location. Until then, the bigger dishes will have to work.

Hope you sleep well tonight knowing that I am here protecting YOUR freedom!!

I really do appreciate you, and every Military person, including my Son's time in the Army...

DirecTV should give everyone in the Military, free service, but of course they don't really appreciate anything but money... LOL

If we discuss any hacking on this site, we can be banned for life!!! As a former Peace Officer, I would be the first to tell you that breaking the law is not an option for me... But I hope you are successful in your endeavors to be entertained...

PS, don't stay a stranger, give us a call sometime....

Last edited:
Doctor Bob said:
I really do appreciate you, and every Military person, including my Son's time in the Army...

DirecTV should give everyone in the Military, free service, but of course they don't really appreciate anything but money... LOL

If we discuss any hacking on this site, we can be banned for life!!! As a former Peace Officer, I would be the first to tell you that breaking the law is not an option for me... But I hope you are successful in your endeavors to be entertained...
What laws am I breaking. It's not my fault that I can pick up D* signal here. I may be on Cuban soil, but this is an American base that follows all federal government rules and regulations including FCC's. Besides, I still have an active account with D*.

I am not trying to hack anything, all I want to to keep receiving (and paying for) the Filipino channels for my wife. She is coming down here next month and if she can't watch her shows, she'll drive me crazy complaining that she can't.

Have a good day!

You may need a bigger dish, or get a separate one for the 95. Then you would have three dish's.

However, the maps are just estimates with their spotbeam locations. If you show up "just outside" the spotbeam, you may still be a few miles from it, and not get anything.

I hope this helps you.

I sincerely want to thank you for your service. Please know that many people pray for all our troops daily, and though you may feel disconnected from home, and American culture, you are well thought of by many on a daily basis.

God Bless you! :hatsoff:

chadzx11 said:
Why? What he's doing is no different than all the folks who "move" their service.

exactly. And thats why it stayed open. He just decided to "move" a little farther away than most of us do :)

CyberIT said:
What laws am I breaking. It's not my fault that I can pick up D* signal here. I may be on Cuban soil, but this is an American base that follows all federal government rules and regulations including FCC's. Besides, I still have an active account with D*.

I am not trying to hack anything, all I want to to keep receiving (and paying for) the Filipino channels for my wife. She is coming down here next month and if she can't watch her shows, she'll drive me crazy complaining that she can't.

Have a good day!

You are right CyberIT, and all you have to do is contact DirecTV Technical Support, tell them that you need help getting the signal in your area, and I'm sure that they will help you every step of the way. This way, you will get exact Technical support, and not a bunch of rumors...

I'm sure that because you are in the Military, the Signal Integrity department will also assist you in accomplishing your goals... BTW, please let us know what steps you have to take to resolve this issue...:hatsoff:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)