GEOSATpro Need help setting up USALS with a HH120 motor

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kdjuan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
Hey guys I got my new dish a 120cm geosatpro and a HH120 motor. I need some help in getting it going. I can't even get it to move. Iam using a link box 9000i. Do I have something set wrong.
Image.jpeg
Image%20(1).jpeg
Image%20(2).jpeg
Image%20(3).jpeg
Image%20(4).jpeg

Sent from my SM-G975U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Do you have another receiver to try? Perhaps that one is not sending proper USLAS commands?
Good piece of coax from receiver straight to receiver port on the motor?

Your sideways pics are hard to read. haha :D

yes i have tried 2 different receivers and yes i have a good piece of coax and good connectors.

Have you tried to move it with DiSEqC 1.2?

Does it move when you press the button on the motor? One press makes it move one way and 2 rapid presses will make it move the other way (as I recall). If not, power isn't getting to the motor or something is wrong with the motor.

Did you test out the motor without the dish attached? I usually do that beforehand just to make sure it is working.

Also, any reason why the motor is mounted upside down?

I have the same STB and from the pics it looks okay.

How about a photo of the motor where the coaxes are attached?

I'd check the coaxes for continuity also.

Also, any reason why the motor is mounted upside down?
While the Stab HH90 is installed with the shaft pointing down the HH100 and HH120 both install with the shaft pointing upward so he is good there. Here is a pic of my HH100 with my 90cm Fortec Star (and a modded DirecTV Slimline for Orby on top of the pole). :)

HH100 with modded Slimline for Orby.JPG
(Thumbnailed - Click for larger)

STAB | Rotors

Last edited:
I have the exact setup and I have my turned the other way and it works fine, did you do a reset on your motor? does the motor have the green light on?

Attachments

• 1.2-4.jpg
    1.2-4.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 242
I have the exact setup and I have my turned the other way and it works fine, did you do a reset on your motor? does the motor have the green light on?
That is not the exact same. Yours is a HH90. :)

Yes the HH120 the dish mounts on top.
I would "2nd the motion" to try to move the "motor" without the dish mounted and LNBF disconnected. Then try with the LNBF connected. If that's good them mount the dish again and try it. Maybe the receiver doesn't have enough power to get the motor to move with a PLL LNBF?
Another thing, make sure you try a horizontal transponder in your receiver setup so you get 18v at the motor.

Hey guys UPDATE!!!! I received a new STAB HH120 moto i have it mounted. iam having an issue now. i was able to receiver 87w which is my nearest south satellite but i wasnt able to get the other satellites. so i made a small adjustment and iam now able to get 85w, 91w to 127w. iam now unable to get 87w. what iam i doing wrong. what adjustment do i need to make.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)