Need Help with Dual Tuner Backfeed with a Diplexer

aaronhoes

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 1, 2006
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I just had bad luck here with my diplexer. I'm trying to use diplexers to just run a single line to a 322 receiver. I've heard this works but its my first attempt and didn't turn out very good. I'm using a Dish 500 with the DPP twin LNB. My line from the dish goes to the basement where I connect in to the SAT port on the diplexer and use the ANT port there to feed the second room. The single line from that Diplexer's IN/OUT goes up to the receiver at TV1. Now behind the receiver I am going in to the other Diplexer's IN/OUT and then use the SAT port to go to my DPP Separator and on to the satellite inputs, while the ANT port of the Diplexer is going to the TV2 output. It seems like this should work and I do get some picture on TV2 but it is extremely fuzzy, signal strength is still good. Is this supposed to work? Do you need a specific type of Diplexer (power passing maybe)? Mine are rated 40-2300 MHz.

Thanks,
Aaron

Your diplexor is backwards.

Line from wall goes to in/out

ant port goes to TV2 out on reviever

Sat port goes to in on seperator

That's why you are fuzzy.

aaronhoes said:
Now behind the receiver I am going in to the other Diplexer's IN/OUT and then use the SAT port to go to my DPP Separator and on to the satellite inputs, while the ANT port of the Diplexer is going to the TV2 output.

I think what I meant here, what I'm doing, is the same thing you are suggesting. The line coming up from the basement goes to the IN/OUT, SAT is connected to my separator, and ANT is connected to the TV2 out.:confused:

Then you need to switch modes boss. If you have your TV2 out and TV set on "Air", channel 60, it is time to switch both to 'cable', channel 73. That should clear it up. Meny 6-1-5 on your dish remote will get you to the receiver's modulator screen. You are on your on as far as how to do it on your TV. Probably need the original remote. Without it, you might be SOL, but you could try setting the modulator to 73 and putting the TV on 22 or somewhere thereabouts.

Thanks for the link to the distribution diagram, example 7 is my exact setup except for the 4-way. I'll try switching to "cable" mode instead, haven't tried that yet.

If your running through a splitter after the first diplexer thats going to the second tv then that could be your problem, also check your connections to make sure that no braiding is making contact with the center conductor. If your dip was backwards you wouldnt see any picture at all.

chadzx11 said:
Then you need to switch modes boss. If you have your TV2 out and TV set on "Air", channel 60, it is time to switch both to 'cable', channel 73. That should clear it up. Meny 6-1-5 on your dish remote will get you to the receiver's modulator screen. You are on your on as far as how to do it on your TV. Probably need the original remote. Without it, you might be SOL, but you could try setting the modulator to 73 and putting the TV on 22 or somewhere thereabouts.

i totally agree with this one, when i was installing, i always put it on either 73 or 75.... i had less problems on those channels with picture quality

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)