Need help with unusual remote configuration for 722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nickbuol

Original poster
Jul 5, 2005
Marion, IA
We have 2 dish receivers. A 722K in the living room upstairs, and a 722 (non-k) in the basement that is going to feed my home theater/family room/office/bedroom/bathroom.

Thus lies the problem.

I am going to use a splitter to get TV2 output over coax to the office/bedroom/bathroom and should just need to get a couple of extra RF (UHF) remotes to make that work, so that should be OK.

My problem is that I am going to feed TV1 out to both my home theater and my family room. In my theater, I am using a Harmony One IR remote and the component video output for TV1, to the family room right on the other side of the wall, I will be feeding the HDMI cable for TV1 so that the same show is on both TVs.

I need to use an IR Repeater solution in the home theater since the equipment is behind me. I could do the same with the family room, but I don't know exactly where that TV will end up and so I was going to go with a 2nd IR solution (that uses the existing HDMI runs). Of course, I doubt that I can squeeze 2 IR blasters to the front of the 722 and have them both work.

So I was thinking that maybe I could get a UHF TV1 remote for the family room, and still use the IR Repeater system in the theater room.

Here is the crux of my questions.

1) Can TV1 on a 722 be controlled by BOTH IR and RF (UHF) at the same time?

2) A second question is if anyone knows if the "Cables to Go 40430 IR Repeater Kit" works with the 722?

3) Lastly, my 722 (non-K version) is pausing during playback of both live and recorded shows. I am thinking that the hard drive may be failing, although I don't have any other evidence that it is (no unusual sounds). IF I replace it with a 722K, I will be wondering the same questions above: TV1 controlled by IR and RF and using that repeater with the 722K?

Thanks for the info on #1 and #3. The "UFO" product sure is ugly. I was hoping for something more sophisticated looking than that, but I will research it a little more.

Thanks for the info on #1 and #3. The "UFO" product sure is ugly. I was hoping for something more sophisticated looking than that, but I will research it a little more.

Sorry it CLASHES with your fashion sense!:rolleyes:

LOL. That thing should clash with EVERYONE'S "fashion sense"... Sorry that you were offended by my comment. I'm just trying to build a nice and professional looking theater, and that thing looks so "college dorm room".

Either that or 1950's retro alien invasion B-movie style.

I am still looking into it, I just need to find a way to hide it without losing functionality.

41EMD2XCX8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hint, when someone tries to suggest something that works, don't come back with a fashionista comment. Swallow it!!!

And BTW, I'm a child of the 50's. "Earth vs The Flying Saucers"...One of Ray Harryhausen's best FX frame by frame films. Google it!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)