Need info on this dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
I have picked up a old Muzak dish for free off the factory right next door to where I live. Does anyone have info on these dishes? I even got the mounting bracket where you put sandbags or cement blocks on free with it. So is this a good deal? I will post pics soon. I swear i am getting addicted to this hobby but its a good addiction.

Dan Rose

How could a FREE dish NOT be a good deal? :D

Is that the 1 meter style ChannelMaster/Andrews/Primestar style dish? If so, it's a great dish for use as FTA KU.

Is that the 1 meter style ChannelMaster/Andrews/Primestar style dish?
That's what I remember on the last one I saw.
But under the shroud, I think it had a single polarity LNB.
So, for general use, I'd just bolt on a DishNet FSS bandstacked, or voltage controlled LNB .

I have picked up a old Muzak dish for free off the factory right next door to where I live. Does anyone have info on these dishes? I even got the mounting bracket where you put sandbags or cement blocks on free with it. So is this a good deal? I will post pics soon. I swear i am getting addicted to this hobby but its a good addiction.
Sounds like it's the same or similar to mine. Mine was used for Muzak as well. You see the pics of it here. It's 1.2m. I put a C Band LNB on mine. Look at my signature.

I had one of those...nice find.

I talk to the owner on friday of that factory they were going to throw it out he said yea you can have it for free. I got it right in time before they were taking it down from the roof. they asked me if I was going to recycle it i said yes for FTA use not for the trash. there is a lot of cband dishes around in this town that people are not using its a gold mine for cband lovers.

Dan Rose

Have some pics for you guy I measured the dish its around 1 meter.

Dan Rose

Mu.jpgMu2.jpgMu3.jpgMu 4.jpg

it had a spacer on the inside of the lnb took that out and put on a DN superdish Lnb on it. It bolted right up.

Dan Rose

ok it was in the lnb it was a square plastic piece between the cone and the lnb.

Dan Rose

The square piece is a waveguide for single polarity. It allows a C-120-flanged feedhorn to bolt up to a WR-75-flanged single polarity LNB. A C-120-flanged LNB like the DN FSS Superdish LNB is a perfect replacement.

While the feedhorn is conical, thus made for an offset dish, its most likely a Ku-Band feedhorn, not a conical C-Band one.

I cleaned up the arms today used a polisher and some rustolem black paint on the support arms for the lnb. posting pics soon.

Dan rose

Where the pic?

Sent from my DROID using SatelliteGuys

Can anyone get C-band on a 1 meter dish? What sizes did these dishes come in? I look for who made it but no tags.

Dan Rose

Let's see a picture of the back of the dish.
I think it's Channel Master, which was bought by Andrew.
(they made most/all the Primestar dishes, back in the day)

I don't know who Muzak bought from, but they were good commercial dishes.
Might be a Prodelin (bought by General Dynamics); the picture will tell.
Or, someone may recognize the arms or feedhorn.

Common sizes: 0.9m, 1.0m, 1.2m,
& Prodelin sold a lot of 1.8m (6') molded, as well as a few 8' molded offset dishes.

Last edited:
I measured its 1.0 meter does that fall under the otard rules? I'll post more pics. I look at the back of the dish there was no markings on it to tell me who made it.

Dan Rose

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)