Need info on this dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
I have picked up a old Muzak dish for free off the factory right next door to where I live. Does anyone have info on these dishes? I even got the mounting bracket where you put sandbags or cement blocks on free with it. So is this a good deal? I will post pics soon. I swear i am getting addicted to this hobby but its a good addiction.

Dan Rose

How could a FREE dish NOT be a good deal? :D

Is that the 1 meter style ChannelMaster/Andrews/Primestar style dish? If so, it's a great dish for use as FTA KU.

Is that the 1 meter style ChannelMaster/Andrews/Primestar style dish?
That's what I remember on the last one I saw.
But under the shroud, I think it had a single polarity LNB.
So, for general use, I'd just bolt on a DishNet FSS bandstacked, or voltage controlled LNB .

I have picked up a old Muzak dish for free off the factory right next door to where I live. Does anyone have info on these dishes? I even got the mounting bracket where you put sandbags or cement blocks on free with it. So is this a good deal? I will post pics soon. I swear i am getting addicted to this hobby but its a good addiction.
Sounds like it's the same or similar to mine. Mine was used for Muzak as well. You see the pics of it here. It's 1.2m. I put a C Band LNB on mine. Look at my signature.

I had one of those...nice find.

I talk to the owner on friday of that factory they were going to throw it out he said yea you can have it for free. I got it right in time before they were taking it down from the roof. they asked me if I was going to recycle it i said yes for FTA use not for the trash. there is a lot of cband dishes around in this town that people are not using its a gold mine for cband lovers.

Dan Rose

Have some pics for you guy I measured the dish its around 1 meter.

Dan Rose

Mu.jpgMu2.jpgMu3.jpgMu 4.jpg

it had a spacer on the inside of the lnb took that out and put on a DN superdish Lnb on it. It bolted right up.

Dan Rose

ok it was in the lnb it was a square plastic piece between the cone and the lnb.

Dan Rose

The square piece is a waveguide for single polarity. It allows a C-120-flanged feedhorn to bolt up to a WR-75-flanged single polarity LNB. A C-120-flanged LNB like the DN FSS Superdish LNB is a perfect replacement.

While the feedhorn is conical, thus made for an offset dish, its most likely a Ku-Band feedhorn, not a conical C-Band one.

I cleaned up the arms today used a polisher and some rustolem black paint on the support arms for the lnb. posting pics soon.

Dan rose

Where the pic?

Sent from my DROID using SatelliteGuys

Can anyone get C-band on a 1 meter dish? What sizes did these dishes come in? I look for who made it but no tags.

Dan Rose

Let's see a picture of the back of the dish.
I think it's Channel Master, which was bought by Andrew.
(they made most/all the Primestar dishes, back in the day)

I don't know who Muzak bought from, but they were good commercial dishes.
Might be a Prodelin (bought by General Dynamics); the picture will tell.
Or, someone may recognize the arms or feedhorn.

Common sizes: 0.9m, 1.0m, 1.2m,
& Prodelin sold a lot of 1.8m (6') molded, as well as a few 8' molded offset dishes.

Last edited:
I measured its 1.0 meter does that fall under the otard rules? I'll post more pics. I look at the back of the dish there was no markings on it to tell me who made it.

Dan Rose

Status
Please reply by conversation.