Need the Following information From Voom Subs

Voom is still tweaking the PQ. If you are kind enough to post the following:

1- Which connection are you using for your HDTV -- Component or DVI.
Component. (TV also supports HDMI but haven't tried a DVI/HDMI adaptor.)

2- What is the Native Resolution of your Display.
Native resolution is 1080i. Does not support 720p.

CDH.

jeremys said:
Sharp 45" LCD

Panel accepts 1080p, but receiver box only takes 1080i and scales up :(

I use DVI and component, but right now my STB keeps complaining my TV isnt responding to DHCP requests. I don't know if it the STB, cable, or TV, but a replacement TV is on the way so I will wait until then to verify.

There is a thread under the Help Forum on DVI Conflicts--thought it was mostly SONY, but see you have a SHARP LCD--so from all the posts on this problem, seems to be a software or firmware problem with VOOM and the engineers are working on it. So, it's not the TV, probably not the cable (although some posts say it is), but is the VOOM box or software.

What kind of replacement TV is coming?

Sean Mota said:
Voom is still tweaking the PQ. If you are kind enough to post the following:

1- Which connection are you using for your HDTV -- Component or DVI.

2- What is the Native Resolution of your Display.

1. DVI
2. 1080i

bookwalk said:
There is a thread under the Help Forum on DVI Conflicts--thought it was mostly SONY, but see you have a SHARP LCD--so from all the posts on this problem, seems to be a software or firmware problem with VOOM and the engineers are working on it. So, it's not the TV, probably not the cable (although some posts say it is), but is the VOOM box or software.

What kind of replacement TV is coming?
My TV takes DVI input from the Voom STB without any problem. Voom STB seems working fine here. Could it be a compatibility problem between the STB and certain TVs?

My replacement TV is the same model.

Others have my TV model with VOOM STB and do not have problems at all.

Sean,

Are they still tweaking the picture. The reason I ask is it appears some SD channels still have a better picture quality than others.

Tuesday March 8, 2005

:cool:

1080iBeVuMin said:
Using DVI
Native is 1080i
Man there sure are a lot of 1080i native displays around here! Either everyone has lowly CRT's (like me) or they are VERY rich to afford 1920x1280 fixed-pixel displays ($10K a pop for a big screen).

Are you all sure you are listing the TV's native resolution as requested, or are you stating what the input to the TV is set at? My money is on lots of people here have the TV input set to 1080i which is then being displayed at or around 720p (i.e. all DLP and LCD RPTV ala Samsung, Sony, etc).

Rob.

rvsixer said:
Man there sure are a lot of 1080i native displays around here! Either everyone has lowly CRT's (like me) or they are VERY rich to afford 1920x1280 fixed-pixel displays ($10K a pop for a big screen).

Are you all sure you are listing the TV's native resolution as requested, or are you stating what the input to the TV is set at? My money is on lots of people here have the TV input set to 1080i which is then being displayed at or around 720p (i.e. all DLP and LCD RPTV ala Samsung, Sony, etc).

Rob.
My Mits only does 1080i. It will convert 720p to 1080i with the OTA. It will only recognize 1080i or 480i/480p through the DTV input.

Use: component
Native: 1080i

EDIT: Wish the STB had Firewire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

voomvoom said:
My Mits only does 1080i.
Another lowly CRT user like me :) .

The vast majority of postings here indicate 1080i native display capability. I find it hard to believe most here are CRT users (with the other threads noting Samsungs and Sony LCD with regularity). I suspect those with DLP/LCD sets indicating native 1080i display capability are either ignorant or lying.

Rob.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts