Neighbor complaints

Status
Please reply by conversation.

k.r.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 4, 2013
Floyd knobs indiana
So my neighbor is complaining of my fixd 1 meter c band dish...not that its ugly or anything like that..complaints of how im interfearing with their tv..im useing up almost all the signal..anyone else have this prob? I dont want a war..i aready lockd the privacy fenced in yard to keep them out..told them call the fcc..tryd showing my ham license in hopes itl show im edjucated in radio waves and such..beligerant unedjucated people..any thoughts...i find it both funny and agatating..there about 3 to 400 ft away..

Sent from my SM-N910P using the SatelliteGuys app!

Oh, my! Well, you can tell the neighbors not to worry, all you're doing is snooping on their private conversations with that "big ear!"....
I once knew a radio station trying to get a construction permit. At a local meeting a lady said, "What if the tower falls and spews steel THROUGH THE WHOLE COUNTY?"....

People are assuming idiots at times!

Good luck.

Reactions: Jason S and k.r.
I guess i could give up watching tv a few days and just swing it around towards their house....drop the elevation too..its not hard to put back...i think its the huge lnb and baby blue scaler ring that gives it the imitating looks...haha

If im not mistaken fcc allows up to and including 1 m dishes. So they can complain all they want but its perfectly legal for you to have it. I was accused of my 10' dish interfering with the neighbors tv reception (which i paid for a permit and had installation site approved). The neighbor also happens to be my tenant. I explained to her that it was highly doubtful and it was her indoor antenna that was the issue. I later came across a free antenna and installed it on her roof for free and all complaints stopped. Cost me nothing to do other then time and it shut her up.

Reactions: olliec420 and k.r.
Problem is people dont understand radio waves and how they work. They just expect to plug in an antenna and it will work. We live in a fringe to deep fringe area. Its literally the difference of if you are a few miles south of town you get no tv reception with an antenna unless its way up a ways. So we are stuck having to use a Yagi antenna if you want reliable reception, but you cant receive all the frequencies reliably or at all because not all of the transmitters are in the same location. I know here im preaching to the choir but if you tell some regular person these things their eyes gloss over and smoke starts rolling out their ears. Then if you add in line of sight they tell you you are just using big words to complicate the situation. It doesnt help that especially recently things are getting tighter for everyone and Dish and Directv are rasing prices. So everyones trying to cut the cord because Aunt Susie lives in Wichita and gets all these wonderful channels with rabbit ears. Well Aunt Susie lives within 10 miles of the furthest transmitter too. So to me everyone here is just pointing fingers so they have someone to get mad at. Heck at my house I have to shoot thru power lines to receive my channels from Wichita, so i get far less then the guy on the opposite corner because he sits further back and away from the power lines. I just hooked up new rg6 (replacing old rg56) at his house and that guy gets like 26 channels where i can only receive 14, and i have a better antenna! Its all about how radio waves work and any given persons understanding of them.

Reactions: Jason S and k.r.
My FiL heard me complain about no LoS for a Dish dish where we were camping. He pointed straight up where there were no trees. I couldn't get him to understand.

Of course, he had ALZ.

Get a 10 footer :devilish
This spring/summer i was planning on putting up my ham radio tower along with a uhf tv antenna..we just bought this house about 6 mth ago..moved from a apartment on a mega hill...miss my long distance stations and tv dx surfing..also was planing on a large c band dish...theres 2000 in the sat/ham antenna budget saved ...just waitn to decide on where to buy and nice weather to stick around

Reactions: FTA4PA
So my neighbor is complaining of my fixd 1 meter c band dish...not that its ugly or anything like that..complaints of how im interfearing with their tv..im useing up almost all the signal..anyone else have this prob? I dont want a war..i aready lockd the privacy fenced in yard to keep them out..told them call the fcc..tryd showing my ham license in hopes itl show im edjucated in radio waves and such..beligerant unedjucated people..any thoughts...i find it both funny and agatating..there about 3 to 400 ft away..

I hate to use negative terms but your neighbor is an idiot. Oh well, not everyone can be well versed in how communications stuff works.

There beligerant drunks...thats the agravating part...they gain more knowledge with each can..other than this dish situation...they have been behaved neighbors tho..

Better put those neighbors in their place right away, or it'll never stop. IF you aren't in any sort of HOA, tell them to F- off, and that you'll do whatever you please with your property.

If they dare to push it farther, put up a 1 meter dish, and aim it right at their bedroom window. Then snicker every time you see them after that.

Tell them it could be worse and they're lucky they don't live next door to me. I have a 10', 12' and seven assorted small dishes, a few hundred feet of metal horse corral panels up, a solar panel array, two OTA antennas, one is 11', big trucks and a metal horse trailer, 4 small cars and trucks, a metal walled swimming pool, there's so much metal stuff here that they'd get no reception at all! :)

Feel sorry for you! Bad enough that they're not very smart, but belligerent drunks too, that's a bad combo. Lucky they don't live next to me, I have xero tolerance for drunks. :D

You could put in a renter that loves Electronics problem solved. Or say I work for your ISP i am conducting spying for the NSA through your tv. This is the time to be really creepy and weird to scare them. Make this a game.

You could put in a renter that loves Electronics problem solved. Or say I work for your ISP i am conducting spying for the NSA through your tv. This is the time to be really creepy and weird to scare them. Make this a game.
Its funny you mention that, I been in the driveway of my shop messing around with old dish 500's and superdishes trying to get em to work and musta had 4 of em out there today. they guy across the street pulls up and another guy gets out with him. The guy with the neighbor says whats that idiot doing with all those dishes, the neighbor looks at him straight faced and says shut up man hes sending audio to the cops. I swear it happened just like that lol.

Reactions: danristheman
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts