Neighbors

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, I did make the mistake of actually talking to her before measuring the dish. It's exactly 40" across, so it's just big enough that they can say to take it down. OTARD specifically says 39.37".
Do you know the brand and model of the dish? If it was originally sold as a one meter dish then you should be protected by OTARD rules.

Can't tell, just that it's an oooooold Muzak dish with an old blue logo.

I haven't heard anything yet from her boss. She said her boss would look into the laws. If I have to deal with this betch, though, I'll look into other apartments even if she eventually admits that she's wrong. There are plenty around town that we just couldn't find online from CT.

.0063 is roughly 1.5 mm. A dull pencil will make a line that wide. I guarantee that neither yours or her tape measure is certified accurate. You have no worries there.

An update!

Without me even complaining (other neighbors took care of that) there's a new person in the rental office. He said to put up the antenna and dish, and we'll work from there. They want the place looking nice and stuff to not be too obvious. I built a table and put the antenna underneath, hidden by potted plants. The dish... We'll see. This balcony is a lot smaller one than the last apt, so a 1-meter does look a bit goofy. I'll try painting it tan primer to (sort of) go with the building. If they complain, maybe I'll go a far as getting a smaller dish.

Hide it in plain sight - paint a floral arrangement on it.
Locate an art class to do it (probably free) if not an artist yourself.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)