NESN HD - letter to CEO

Well, Scott you nailed it on the head. Without a doubt, if 'ol Chucky lived in the northeast, or E* were based in New England, we'd without a doubt already have NESN-HD, and not only would I be willing to bet my left co-honie, but my right as well!

Walt, that shouldn't even be a factor. As part of the deal all the Henry-Lucchino-Roush group has to say to Chucky is "Put up the damn feed!!!" and give it to those in the market.

I sent the letter to all three of these...

http://www.roushracing.com/
roushracing@roushracing.com

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/help/email.jsp?c_id=bos&primarySubject=Other&secondarySubject=None&dest=fanfeedback@redsox.mlb.com

http://http://www.boston.com/help/feedback/

This last one isn't a contact, but the E* hype page.

http://http://www.dishracing.com/

Let's all just hammer every single contact, and maybe we'll see something happen!!!

Last edited:
Let us know what happens, in fact post the address so we can all fire off emails to them.

This is just plain silly and makes Dish Network look cheesy. They're sponsoring a car for the biggest racing team in Nascar that also happens to own one of the biggest MLB teams in the northeast that also happens to own NESN but all Dish customers have to look elsewhere to get NESN HD and most of Dish customers have to look elsewhere to get the majority of the Nascar races in HD.

My guess is that because NESN HD IS a real HD channel, they're not giving it away and Dish is too cheap.
C'mon Charlie. Even Beld Broadband has NESN HD 24/7!!! !sadroll

http://www.boston.com/sports/nesn/aboutus/hd/

C'mon Charlie. Even Beld Broadband has NESN HD 24/7!!! !sadroll

http://www.boston.com/sports/nesn/aboutus/hd/

Thanks for the link. I just fired off a letter to ceo@dishnetwork with the link expressing my deepest regret and frustration to see it...(the linked page.)

THIS IS FOR EVERYONE:

I suggest if your at all interested in NESN-HD you do the same. Let's all keep sending them the link, along with your comments, and your account #.

And the real jokes are the DISH comments in regards to the EI package - them not wanting to deprive fans the games. But depriving home fans games in NY or HD games in the most watched areas - now that's ok.

How in the world does anyone defend Echostar?

I sure as hell don't!!! I'd LOVE to have O'l Chuckles sitting right here in my living room sitting face to face for about an hour or two. That way I could tell him exactly what I think!!!

Thanks for the link. I just fired off a letter to ceo@dishnetwork with the link expressing my deepest regret and frustration to see it...(the linked page.)

THIS IS FOR EVERYONE:

I suggest if your at all interested in NESN-HD you do the same. Let's all keep sending them the link, along with your comments, and your account #.

I have sent this link several times in the past. Still have not received a reply.

And the real jokes are the DISH comments in regards to the EI package - them not wanting to deprive fans the games. But depriving home fans games in NY or HD games in the most watched areas - now that's ok.

How in the world does anyone defend Echostar?

Because Echostar does not want my bill to go up and therefore will not carry these channels. But wait a minute every year the bill goes up even though they keep saying that they do not want it to go up..:eek:

Because Echostar does not want my bill to go up and therefore will not carry these channels. But wait a minute every year the bill goes up even though they keep saying that they do not want it to go up..:eek:

Hey Sean,

You need to rearrange your sig. "The Best TV IS...OTA" Speaking digital of course!

Well I've emailed every address listed plus the usual Dish addresses. I used the "Dish ought to be embarrassed" angle on a few because they should be. They continually f**k over us New Englanders - pardon my french.

Well I've emailed every address listed plus the usual Dish addresses. I used the "Dish ought to be embarrassed" angle on a few because they should be. They continually f**k over us New Englanders - pardon my french.

Good for you Walt! Maybe if they hear enough of us they'll get the idea.

And speaking of which, Ias I mentioned in an earlier post that I'd emailed my frustrations to ceo@dishnetwork, I just got this response a few minutes ago.

James,

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

We do have plans to launch more Regional Sports Networks’ in HD; unfortunately we do not have a list of probable networks to be launched. We are still currently in negotiations with some of the networks. Please check our website for updates on this topic.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, you may contact me. My hours are 11:00am to 7:30pm (MST) Tues-Sat.

Thanks

Angeline Romero

Executive Communications

EchoStar Satellite, L.L.C. dba DISH Network

[

Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 3:48 PM
To: CEO
Subject: NESN-HD???

Just wanted to express my deepest regret to see this...

Click Here

It seems very silly now that E* is sponsoring ROUSH FENWAY RACING yet does not offer NESN-HD to those of us who are actually in the DMA.

James E Heilner

Account # XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

I sent this to the ceo email address. I send one every few weeks and really do not receive a real response. Lets see what happens this time

Dear sir,

I would like an update on NESN HD. Dish Network is the only provider in the New England area the does not have NESN HD. http://www.boston.com/sports/nesn/aboutus/hd/

Could you please let me know if you are planning to add NESN HD and if not why. Not enough space, contracts, money, etc. Please do not leave us in the dark and lose another season of a fine 24/7 HD sports channel. NESN HD has more HD then TNT and A&E combined.

I also have a small story to tell you about how important NESN and RSN in HD are to us. About a week ago I was at a local fast food drive-up and there is an apartment building that has five dishes, four were Dish and one DirecTV across the street. There was an installer taking down on of Dishes and I noticed that the count of dishes are now two Dish Network and three DirecTV.

I parked my car and walked over and talked with the installer, he is an independent installer and not a DirecTV employee. I asked if he know why the switch from Dish Network. He said this was his six one this week and the reason was that people want Network Locals and the Red Sox in HD. They call and I tell them I can install an antenna for them for network locals, but why would they pay me to install an antenna and still not receive the Red Sox games in HD when they can switch at no cost to them.

Please consider adding NESN in HD "very very soon". If not please let me know why so I can consider what to do when my contract is up.

Begging you,
Ken

Why did you post this email? Your veiled threat to leave for directv was annoying.

Why should we pay the samewhen some of us dont have locals in hd or our RSN

I have emailed them as well, wondering why we should pay the same for hd when we dont get our locals in HD or our RSN in HD. It such a shame to to watch a RED SOX game on SD with the logo that it is being broadcast in HD and the announcers bragging about the fact all the time as well

I had put my phone number on my email, so I got a call from Angeline within an hour of sending it. Listened to a lot of retoric but the bottom line is she had no good news at all for us in NE. She sort of indicated they were negotiating for HD LiLs up here and that later in 2007 was possible but nothing I'd bank on.

The problem with NESN-HD is that they are a "REAL" HD RSN. They run more HD, more often than any other RSN in the country. Therefore they're not about to "give away" their feed and that's the only way Charlie gets anything.

We might eventually get NESN-HD but not until Charlie knows most of his northeast subs could really get the HD feed with "D" (which is NOT the case right now) and then it will probably be after MLB season is over and the price drops.

In the HD RSN thread, there was an email from NESN, stating they talked to E* about adding NESN HD recently and E* decided not to add it.

So it looks like this seasonit will be SD only for us Sox Nation. :(

Why did you post this email? Your veiled threat to leave for directv was annoying.

Sorry if my post was annoying. I will not post here any more if this is annoying to you. My goal in life is to make you happy.

Ken

In case Dish is still telling any of you that they're still "negotiating" for NESN-HD, I just got this from NESN:

Dear Mr. Mather;

Thank you for your recent email regarding NESN HD on Dish Network.

NESN has talked to Dish Network about carrying NESN’s HD programming.
Dish Network has made a decision not to carry NESN HD at this time.

Thanks for watching NESN.

Sincerely,
Customer Relations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts