NESN HD - letter to CEO

Dschribs,

Thanks man, but I've pretty much come to the conclusion that it's a lost cause. 'Ol Chucky just doesn't give a crap about giving us NESN-HD anytime soon, because it does absolutely nothing for his bottom line.

I fell the same way. Every call and email gets the same response. If I did not have a PocketDish that I load up for my dad (he is an over the road trucker) I would think of switching to D*. They have NENS-HD and 2 of my 4 locals in HD.

But I am not going to switch and have to live without NESN-HD.

Problem for me is you have to pay a pretty big penalty if you leave Dish Network. And I have about 16 months to go on my contract.

Eric Sahl, Senior Vice President of Programming
EchoStar Communications Corp.
9601 South Meridian Boulevard
Englewood, CO 80112 United States

Perhaps a few hundred letters might open up some eyes.

I just e mailed this question to the Charlie Chat mail box. We'll see if it even gets addressed. Next televised chat is Monday June 11 at 9:00 pm.

Red Sox fans are extremely loyal to their team and those same fans want to stay loyal customers of DISH Network as well; however, that's becoming increasingly difficult to do given the fact that every Red Sox game can be viewed in HD by simply switching to the local cable provider. I'm sure your company realizes that a huge part of the HD market is targeted to sports fans and the lack of NESN HD leaves a huge gap in Dish's sports programming line-up. Having said that, can you please provide a status on when NESN will be available in High Definition?

Maybe if we all use KDWEBSOL's avatar!! It makes me feel better that I'm not alone. Watching Coco's catch in SD last nigth and then seeing it in HD on SportsCenter made me realize I'm not going to wait much longer. Does DirecTV broadcast all of NESNHD to their subscribers and is it a spot beam so I wouldn't get it in Cali???

Eric Sahl, Senior Vice President of Programming
EchoStar Communications Corp.
9601 South Meridian Boulevard
Englewood, CO 80112 United States

Perhaps a few hundred letters might open up some eyes.

Should we draft one letter and everyone can print it out and mail it.

Also, maybe I should rename this thread. Any good ideas?

Ken

Last edited:
Just rec'd this response to my e mail to Ceodishnetwork.com asking when NESN HD would be added:

From: Romero, Angeline [mailto:Angeline.Romero@echostar.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 3:35 PM
Subject: RE: NESN HD

Daniel,

Thank you for your E-mail and bringing your concerns to our attention.

We appreciate your feedback and your continued service. We are planning to add more RSN’s in HD in the future. Unfortunately, we do not have specific dates or times that they may be available. We do not have a list of probable additions to the RSN’s in HD but I can assure you we are aggressively pursuing adding further stations.

Thanks

Angeline Romero
Executive Communications
EchoStar Satellite, L.L.C. dba DISH Network
Angeline.romero@echostar.com
xxx-xxx-xxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Just rec'd this response to my e mail to Ceodishnetwork.com asking when NESN HD would be added:

From: Romero, Angeline [mailto:Angeline.Romero@echostar.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 3:35 PM
Subject: RE: NESN HD

Daniel,

Thank you for your E-mail and bringing your concerns to our attention.

We appreciate your feedback and your continued service. We are planning to add more RSN’s in HD in the future. Unfortunately, we do not have specific dates or times that they may be available. We do not have a list of probable additions to the RSN’s in HD but I can assure you we are aggressively pursuing adding further stations.

Thanks

Angeline Romero
Executive Communications
xxx-xxx-xxxx

Same exact canned response I got. Matter of fact here it is...

James,

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

We do have plans to launch more Regional Sports Networks’ in HD; unfortunately we do not have a list of probable networks to be launched. We are still currently in negotiations with some of the networks. Please check our website for updates on this topic.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, you may contact me. My hours are 11:00am to 7:30pm (MST) Tues-Sat.

Thanks

Angeline Romero

Executive Communications

xxx-xxx-xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
We need to keep this thread alive, so if they look they will see all that want their RSN in HD. NESN is a full time HD RSN and I wonder why us in the prime markets IE NY and Boston cant seem to get our RSN in HD, even while paying the same as everyone else . Im flabbergasted by the fact that some people can recieve their locals and RSN in HD and are paying the same to Dish each month that i pay them

We need to keep this thread alive, so if they look they will see all that want their RSN in HD. NESN is a full time HD RSN and I wonder why us in the prime markets IE NY and Boston cant seem to get our RSN in HD, even while paying the same as everyone else . Im flabbergasted by the fact that some people can recieve their locals and RSN in HD and are paying the same to Dish each month that i pay them

I sent E* an email a few weeks back asking for a discount on my HD because we do not get locals or our RSN. This was the reply.....

Thanks for the questions. You never know until you ask.

Unfortunately we are not discounting the HD package for customers that do not yet have HD locals or RSN’s in HD. That is simply a bonus for customers that are living in areas that get them. The local channels that you receive are regulated by the FCC. There is no legal way fro us to let you receive other local from another market. We are however, trying very hard to add more HD locals and RSN’s to our HD line up. Right now we do not have a timeline for the addition of these channels, but I assure you we are trying to add more.

I know that this may not be the answer that you are looking for, but this is what is available right now. Thanks for your patience. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

//contact info removed

Ken

The problem we have is they know that if we could get NESN HD we'd already have switched. I can't get it anywhere else and dish still offers the best DVR and equipment solution for me (622) in addition to their other stuff. It will come eventually and when it does i'll be happy. I'm not going to waste my time making idle threats to dish knowing they know they are idle threats and will be laughing at me:mad: .

The problem we have is they know that if we could get NESN HD we'd already have switched. I can't get it anywhere else and dish still offers the best DVR and equipment solution for me (622) in addition to their other stuff. It will come eventually and when it does i'll be happy. I'm not going to waste my time making idle threats to dish knowing they know they are idle threats and will be laughing at me:mad: .

E* is the only provider in the New England area the does not have NESN HD. http://www.boston.com/sports/nesn/aboutus/hd

I just want to stay with E* but I do have two other providers I can go to in my area, Comcast or D*.

E* is the only provider in the New England area the does not have NESN HD. http://www.boston.com/sports/nesn/aboutus/hd

I just want to stay with E* but I do have two other providers I can go to in my area, Comcast or D

I also could go with COX, to recieve NESN in HD in my Area, Enfield CT
How long will this continue?

I just want to stay with E* but I do have two other providers I can go to in my area, Comcast or D*.

You'll notice that they say "Boston DMA" for most of those providers. I don't think there is any provider that supplies an actual HD feed of NESN to northern NE or upstate NY.

The reason is $$$. Dish doesn't pick it's nose unless there's money up there. NESN is a "real" RSN and broadcasts more HD than any other RSN in the country. Therefore they probably charge a reasonable fee for their HD feed, which means Dish is less likely to offer it - at least as long as the competition isn't.

You'll notice that they say "Boston DMA" for most of those providers. I don't think there is any provider that supplies an actual HD feed of NESN to northern NE or upstate NY.

The reason is $$$. Dish doesn't pick it's nose unless there's money up there. NESN is a "real" RSN and broadcasts more HD than any other RSN in the country. Therefore they probably charge a reasonable fee for their HD feed, which means Dish is less likely to offer it - at least as long as the competition isn't.

I live in Upstate NY and you can't get NESN period here. I "reside" at my parents house in Maine to get it. I suppose if I moved to boston I could then get d* for Nesn HD but i wont switch to D* until they get better gear (DVRs)

The D* spotbeam for NESNHD don't reach upstate NY, it barley reaches half way acrosss MA.

Correction. The spotbeam reaches far and wide, but D* has not activated the viewing beyond the immediate Boston zip codes. There have been reports of users with "moved" addresses all the way down to Eastern PA and parts of NY state. I am in Connecticut with a Boston zip and get NESN HD great with D*.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)