NESN HD - letter to CEO

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You'll notice that they say "Boston DMA" for most of those providers. I don't think there is any provider that supplies an actual HD feed of NESN to northern NE or upstate NY.

I don't know what you consider Northern New England, but my sister gets NESNHD in Littleton from their cable provider. I believe the provider is Adelphia.

I don't know what you consider Northern New England, but my sister gets NESNHD in Littleton from their cable provider. I believe the provider is Adelphia.
I stand corrected - I think.:)

I had thought Comcast took over all of Adelphia but I see for Littleton, Adelphia went to TWC. In any case, the NESN site doesn't list the Burlington DMA for their HD feed from TWC but TWC DOES list it on their site.

I wonder if it's really the HD feed or like DirectTV, which say's it has NESN-HD but only in the southern NE DMAs?

Watched yet another Sox game in SD last night only to see the highlights in HD on ESPN later on in the night.

Talk about rubbing it in....

I realize this might not be the appropriate place, but is there any location (possible Western Massachusetts or New York) that qualifies to receive both NESN and SNY as their RSNs. This would enable a person to watch both the Red Sox and Mets (Yankees too, if YES is ever added to Dish).

I realize this might not be the appropriate place, but is there any location (possible Western Massachusetts or New York) that qualifies to receive both NESN and SNY as their RSNs. This would enable a person to watch both the Red Sox and Mets (Yankees too, if YES is ever added to Dish).

best of my knowledge is only a few select places in CT like maybe new haven / hartford area. Definately not NY or MA. All of MA is Sox and all of NY is Skanks/mets. The worst part for me is ESPNHD being blacked out so that I have to watch NESN SD :banghead:

I live in Bristol, CT (yes the home of ESPN) and i get both SNY and NESN.
Eagerly awaiting the day hell freezes over so I can watch either or in HD.

I live in Bristol, CT (yes the home of ESPN) and i get both SNY and NESN.
Eagerly awaiting the day hell freezes over so I can watch either or in HD.
I'm next door to mrperple in Southington, and confirm both SNY and NESN. And I'll be waiting for HD too. I'll be the one sitting on the edge of my chair :rolleyes:

I just moved into my first house (Manchester, NH) and am looking into getting HD programming. Since about 75% of what I watch on TV between the months of April and October are Red Sox games, NESN HD is the channel I want in HD more than any other. My parents have Dish Network and they provide a much better deal than cable (Comcast) when it comes to getting the full HD DVR package. When I realized that NESN HD wasn't offered on Dish, I did some research which in time led me to read this thread. I called Dish to order and told the woman "no thanks" the instant she said that NESN wasn't available in HD, and I also emailed Dish as a possible new customer to ask them why they didn't carry NESN HD and if/when they were planning on adding it. Since the form email I recieved is slightly different from the form emails others have posted on this site, here it is:

Dear Mr. Mason,
Thank you for your interest in DISH Network where we believe in Better TV for All. Specific information regarding your request for NESN HD is not currently available. We would like to add that channel, to make viewers like you happy, but we do not know if or when this will happen. We will gladly forward your request to our Programming Department for further consideration.
We thank you for your input as we continually review our options in order to provide a compelling lineup for our viewers. Please logon to our website for future programming announcements.
Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this email.

Sincerely,
Danka W.
DISH Network eCare

So, even though it costs significantly more, I'm probably going to go with Comcast because I didn't just buy a 50" plasma to watch the Sox in standard def. If I do end up choosing Comcast over Dish, my plan is to respond to the email saying, basically "thanks for the response, but I'm going to go with cable until NESN HD is available on Dish." Others have said in this thread that no matter how much people complain, Dish isn't going to do anything until it starts to effect their bottom line. They're right. Just me doing it isn't going to change anything, but if enough possible new customers go elsewhere specifically because of the lack of NESN HD (and that's really all it is for me), then it will really effect their bottom line, and they will do something about it. My hope is that after our one year of reasonable prices with Comcast is up, Dish will have stepped up and added NESN HD to their programming. Note I said "hope," I'm still not holding my breath. ;)

PatsSoxFan

It does not look good. E* really does not care about us in New England. By looking around town (MA RI line) I see about 20 D* to 1 E* dishes so I think we are not that big of a market for them.

On the business side of things I think E* will only add NESN HD if they can get the channel for free.

If you want NESN HD then I would suggest going with Comcast or D*.
Ken

I don't think FSN NewEngland HD will also come now, I know it was uplinked according to the uplink reports, but that was before Comcast bought 100% ownership from RainbowMedia a few weeks ago :(

Anguish over missing regional sports networks is mostly misspent.

Even if you had them, you might be lucky enough to get one maybe two games a week.

Some of use are only seeing two or three HD games per month.

Anguish over missing regional sports networks is mostly misspent.

Even if you had them, you might be lucky enough to get one maybe two games a week.

Some of use are only seeing two or three HD games per month.

Thanks Jim but you comments here are ignorant. NESN shows EVERY Sox game and EVERY home bruins game in HD. The pre-game and post game shows are in HD, MOST of their college broadcasts are HD, and ALL of their original programming and News is in HD. There is more HD than SD on NESN. If i can figure out a way to get NESN in HD I'll switch to that service tomorrow.

NESN has every sox and bruins game in HD. They are a full time station.

FSN HD on D* does not show every game in HD. FSNSD no matter what the provider is awful. HD makes the Celts at least palatable.

As for anguishing over RSNs in HD being misspent I think someone bumped their head.

D*'s whole campaign is being the sports leader and perhaps is the major reason more people in America have chosen D* over E*.

E* will get it together at some point.

I just moved into my first house (Manchester, NH) and am looking into getting HD programming. Since about 75% of what I watch on TV between the months of April and October are Red Sox games, NESN HD is the channel I want in HD more than any other. My parents have Dish Network and they provide a much better deal than cable (Comcast) when it comes to getting the full HD DVR package. When I realized that NESN HD wasn't offered on Dish, I did some research which in time led me to read this thread. I called Dish to order and told the woman "no thanks" the instant she said that NESN wasn't available in HD, and I also emailed Dish as a possible new customer to ask them why they didn't carry NESN HD and if/when they were planning on adding it. Since the form email I recieved is slightly different from the form emails others have posted on this site, here it is:

Dear Mr. Mason,
Thank you for your interest in DISH Network where we believe in Better TV for All. Specific information regarding your request for NESN HD is not currently available. We would like to add that channel, to make viewers like you happy, but we do not know if or when this will happen. We will gladly forward your request to our Programming Department for further consideration.
We thank you for your input as we continually review our options in order to provide a compelling lineup for our viewers. Please logon to our website for future programming announcements.
Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this email.

Sincerely,
Danka W.
DISH Network eCare

So, even though it costs significantly more, I'm probably going to go with Comcast because I didn't just buy a 50" plasma to watch the Sox in standard def. If I do end up choosing Comcast over Dish, my plan is to respond to the email saying, basically "thanks for the response, but I'm going to go with cable until NESN HD is available on Dish." Others have said in this thread that no matter how much people complain, Dish isn't going to do anything until it starts to effect their bottom line. They're right. Just me doing it isn't going to change anything, but if enough possible new customers go elsewhere specifically because of the lack of NESN HD (and that's really all it is for me), then it will really effect their bottom line, and they will do something about it. My hope is that after our one year of reasonable prices with Comcast is up, Dish will have stepped up and added NESN HD to their programming. Note I said "hope," I'm still not holding my breath. ;)
Good post. What we need is for a big New England news paper or sports rag to do a story on this sort of thing.

"Why buy a new HDTV to watch Rex Sox in SD?"

I remeber back in the day my Dad had to pay the cable co an extra $2-3 a month just to get NESN. You pay extra for locals, would you pay dish $3/month to get NESN in HD? I would but then again i'm already paying for an HD package to only get the sox blacked out when they are on ESPN HD :mad:

So since charlie obviously thinks he can't make money by offering NESN in HD what can we do to change his mind since writing letters and threatening him doesn't work.

I think if we could get NESN to to put an "except on Dish Netork" disclaimer on their advertising that might "embarras Charlie enough on the "HD leader" claim.

:hungry:

Good post. What we need is for a big New England news paper or sports rag to do a story on this sort of thing.

"Why buy a new HDTV to watch Rex Sox in SD?"

You know what, not a bad idea. I am going to write a note to Jeff Jacobs at The Hartford Courant. Technically NESN HD is missing on both D* and E* in Connecticut. NESN HD is only available in Boston zip codes on D* even though the spot beam reaches all over Connecticut.

Just sent Jeff Jacobs an email. Lets see if someone at the Hartford Courant pursues and writes an article.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)