Netflix- more subscribers that either Dish or DirecTV

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Latest report today shows Netflix reported 21,800,000 subs with a 52% increase in earnings. The stock jumped to over 201.70 from 182.00 after the report.

In the qtrly report they said that they expect DVD rentals to decrease over 2011 but have no plans yet to drop the service.

One analyst who is short on Netflix ( banking on the stock going down ) said that he is bearish because he believes with diminishing margins, the stock it trading too high.

A real question is how IP's are going to respond to all the bandwidth being taken up by Netflix users. Don't be surprised to seem more data use plans similar to what cell phone companies are moving toward.

No need to wonder how ISPs will react. Here is how they are reacting. From the article: "Netflix is also stepping up the war of words against ISPs who try to implement low caps and high overage fees: "

Not just in Canada, either. But I suspect it will be harder to implement outrageous fees in the U.S. Granted, the caps will likely go lower, and some usage charges adopted. The clear, wide open horizon for downloading videos now has a few clouds moving in. I think Blu-ray discs have a long future ahead of them in the marketplace.

I do know that Comcast is going to have a big push for their ISP service once the 100mp up and down is released why because this is a big fat profit center for them. They will charge $125.00 per month for the service and do not have to pay any program providers, we the consumer have to pay them directly to get content, like Netflix. Comcast believe their future is being the #1 ISP provider with the cable service as secondary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts