Netflix to Begin Cracking Down on Password Sharing

First you make a incorrect statement-

When I prove you wrong, you move the goalposts once again.
You really dont want to go down that " wrong" path...they haven't implemented password sharing in the USA..so they haven't begun to lose customers here yet.....

The analysts predicted Netflex would lose subs based on the password sharing crackdown( which hasn't happened in the USA)..they did lose subs in the areas it was implemented early last year..nobody said anything about bankruptcy or failing....not sure what your issue is but read my post next time
Boy this is certainly news .... IF a Company changes the way they deal with Passwords, wouldn't you EXPECT people to leave ?
I would.
Of course they will lose some people.

No earth shattering info .

They haven't even implemented this in the USA as of yet.

Reactions: TheKrell
You really dont want to go down that " wrong" path...they haven't implemented password sharing in the USA..so they haven't begun to lose customers here yet.....
Not to cause any more confusion, but you just said both sides of the thought in 2 posts, this one and post 77.

You pointed out that they had lost subs because of the Password sharing in the US, then posted that it hasn't even started in the US.

I just popped in for a few minutes to see whats happening today ...
Nothings changed it looks like.

Not to cause any more confusion, but you just said both sides of the thought in 2 posts, this one and post 77.

You pointed out that they had lost subs because of the Password sharing in the US, then posted that it hasn't even started in the US.

They did where it was implemented..i think it was central or south anerica...hasnt happened in the good ole usa

Look I have a actual credible link

They did where it was implemented..i think it was central or south anerica...hasnt happened in the good ole usa

Look I have a actual credible link

And an even better link

The first article says largely due to shutting off Russia, the second is just about it starting up.

Also, your links show 221 million, now up to 223 million, so cracking down on Password sharing does not seem to affect the sub count since they gained.

The first article says largely due to shutting off Russia, the second is just about it starting up.

Also, your links show 221 million, now up to 223 million, so cracking down on Password sharing does not seem to affect the sub count since they gained.
It hasn't happened yet..and probably won't

The bulk of netflix customers are in usa and canada...they did a password sharing test in central and south america..lost a ton of customers..so they stopped it...it hasn't come to america yet..based on that test..it probablyvwont

I’d figure just do it by a max number of streams, 3 maybe, and wherever they are used is ok.

Want more streams pay more.

Edit: which I guess I kind of how they do it now. Lol. Shows how much I pay attention to Netflix plan setups. It’s one of our more used services so I’ll keep it unless the pricing gets out of hand.

I still say they adjust streams per tier and a fee per additional stream. A variation of what they are doing.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
You get 4 Streams with the 4K Plan in your home.

I do not get why so many are upset with these plans ( for use in your Household).

It is the same rules that DirecTV and Dish have.

I always use the Convenience Store / Candy Bar Analogy-

You are in a store with your sister, grab Two Candy Bars, put one in your pocket, pay for only one.

Go outside, you give your sister the one in your pocket, you keep the one you paid for
, is that stealing?

Now, you share your Netflix password with your sister for use in her home while you also use it in your home, is that stealing?

I’d figure just do it by a max number of streams, 3 maybe, and wherever they are used is ok.

Want more streams pay more.

Edit: which I guess I kind of how they do it now. Lol. Shows how much I pay attention to Netflix plan setups. It’s one of our more used services so I’ll keep it unless the pricing gets out of hand.

I still say they adjust streams per tier and a fee per additional stream. A variation of what they are doing.
Isn't the 4k plan with 4 streams ?
If thats the case, max it out at 4 streams ... its pretty rare that 4 units are watching at the same time anyways.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
You get 4 Streams with the 4K Plan in your home.

I do not get why so many are upset with these plans ( for use in your Household).

It is the same rules that DirecTV and Dish have.

I always use the Convenience Store / Candy Bar Analogy-

You are in a store with your sister, grab Two Candy Bars, put one in your pocket, pay for only one.

Go outside, you give your sister the one in your pocket, you keep the one you paid for
, is that stealing?

Now, you share your Netflix password with your sister for use in her home while you also use it in your home, is that stealing?
You got to look at it like Netflix is cheating us all out more money than any company would ever need so some people cheat to save some of that money. No harm no foul. We're all going to die one day and we can't take any money with us so what does it even matter to have more money than god? money grubbers are going to H-E double L if you really want to know the true.

Isn't the 4k plan with 4 streams ?
If thats the case, max it out at 4 streams ... its pretty rare that 4 units are watching at the same time anyways.
It is. I’d say cut it back to 3 with 4K for a buck less and have a 4K premium with 4 streams for a dollar or two more than it is now. With an increase per stream above that.

Most aren’t using 4 now most likely, so you would give some of your higher customers a price break.

Those that are using 4 or more are likely sharing , and they pay a little more, which I’d wager most would as it isn’t a huge price increase.

Win win.

You got to look at it like Netflix is cheating us all out more money than any company would ever need so some people cheat to save some of that money. No harm no foul. We're all going to die one day and we can't take any money with us so what does it even matter to have more money than god? money grubbers are going to H-E double L if you really want to know the true.

I’m not getting into the bulk of this as it’s pit territory with a response and the continuing conversation.

I will say that they own the content or rights to the content and can charge what they want.

If you or I don’t agree or see value in it we don’t have to pay.

If they decide they don’t want to allow us cheating, which they have given a pass for in the past, then that’s their call.

People will have a decision to make then. Buy it or not.

It is. I’d say cut it back to 3 with 4K for a buck less and have a 4K premium with 4 streams for a dollar or two more than it is now. With an increase per stream above that.

Most aren’t using 4 now most likely, so you would give some of your higher customers a price break.

Those that are using 4 or more are likely sharing , and they pay a little more, which I’d wager most would as it isn’t a huge price increase.

Win win.
Except they already raised the price from $14 to $19 reciently so they could do more 4k or they say.

Ooh,
Business plan idea.

Offer a product for a set price.
Allow, even encourage, sharing for same set price.
Occassional price hikes for product.
Change to require the freeloaders to pay to continue to get the product they have been 'sampling'.
Some will say 'no thank you'.
Some will pay to get their 'fix' of whatever part of the product is unique.

Except they already raised the price from $14 to $19 reciently so they could do more 4k or they say.
I remember. I also seem to see that most if not all original content released sense is in 4K if not also in HDR.

Or at least what I’ve watched.

I’m not getting into the bulk of this as it’s pit territory with a response and the continuing conversation.

I will say that they own the content or rights to the content and can charge what they want.

If you or I don’t agree or see value in it we don’t have to pay.

If they decide they don’t want to allow us cheating, which they have given a pass for in the past, then that’s their call.

People will have a decision to make then. Buy it or not.
Agree. I pay for the 1 stream plan 10.00 . So families can pay for a 4 stream plan for 20.00 so that is 5.00 a stream. Now that means I pay double for my 1 stream so they making more from people like myself if I paid every month. The math 4 people at 1 stream paying 10.00 =40.00 a month and 4 streams at 20.00. They just made 20.00 off of 4 subscribers paying only 10.00 a month. I think they like people like me if I paid every month. The fair price would be 1 stream plan at 5.00 where it was years ago. What I do to make it fair for myself is only subscribe every other month.
They want to get 120.00 a year from me but I'm only giving 60.00. Those people paying 20.00 a month all year That is 240.00 and sharing their passwd is not hurting the bottom line. They making it up from the 1 stream plan subscribers that pay every month.

I remember. I also seem to see that most if not all original content released sense is in 4K if not also in HDR.

Or at least what I’ve watched.
Except they already had that accounted for, seeing they brought it out Before raising prices.
Like I mentioned earlier, IF their prices go up any further, I may have to drop them, seeing they are no longer in the $5-10 range, like most others.

Except they already had that accounted for, seeing they brought it out Before raising prices.
Like I mentioned earlier, IF their prices go up any further, I may have to drop them, seeing they are no longer in the $5-10 range, like most others.
The ones in that Price Range do not even come close in comparison to how much content Netflix has.

Specially in 4K/HDR/DV.

It would take me a year to watch everything I wish to watch on Netflix, that does not include all the new stuff it keeps adding.