Netflix to Begin Cracking Down on Password Sharing

The Tweet was a joke... and a funny one. A bit cliche, but funny. We knew that getting everything a la carte would be more expensive than a bundle. And we already are seeing some consolidation of the streaming market, because what worked for one company alone (Netflix) isn't working for a dozen plus companies at the same time. If the streaming companies charged what they needed to be profitable... there would be fewer subscribers... again, because things are cheaper in bulk, not individually.

I think we'll get to that point, we're just not there yet, kind of where the cartoon whiffed and why it didn't land with everyone.
Roku has a buffer?...nah...unless you have a memory card in it...nobody seems to be able to pause a live stream and resume.after 20 not 10 minutes..yttv doesn't buffer live streams unless you are recording...physical DVR has a buffer

Yikes. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. This doesn't require a hard drive. Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself, you're used to that, I get it, but even more so on this topic.

In the interest of factual information in the face of obvious trolling: You can pause, rw, and ff live TV on YTTV. The whole buffer is not on the streaming device, but on YTTV's servers. Juan's need for video evidence notwithstanding, I am pretty sure you can go try it out for yourself for free for 20 minutes at YouTube TV - Watch & DVR Live Sports, Shows & News

In the interest of factual information in the face of obvious trolling: You can pause, rw, and ff live TV on YTTV. The whole buffer is not on the streaming device, but on YTTV's servers. Juan's need for video evidence notwithstanding, I am pretty sure you can go try it out for yourself for free for 20 minutes at YouTube TV - Watch & DVR Live Sports, Shows & News
Can you fast forward past commercials without recording the show?..pretty simple question...obviously you can pause a show while recording it and then skip commercials..thats a no brainer...i said pause a live stream( not on demand).. restart after 20 minutes ( no record)and resume watching it and fast forward past commercials.. Nothing in that link says you can..a standard dish DVR has a 30 minute buffer that allows this...YTTV has no buffer..

Can you fast forward past commercials without recording the show?..pretty simple question...obviously you can pause a show while recording it and then skip commercials..thats a no brainer...i said pause a live stream( not on demand).. restart after 20 minutes ( no record)and resume watching it and fast forward past commercials.. Nothing in that link says you can..a standard dish DVR has a 30 minute buffer that allows this...YTTV has no buffer..
Yes. You can. Try it for yourself if you need concrete evidence. It is virtually identical to the way buffers work on old-school DVRs. You can pause live tv for up to 60 minutes IIRC. When you un-pause, you can fast forward the length of the full buffer, including commercials. You can claim YTTV has no buffer, but it does.

I never criticized you for liking DirecTV, I kept it solely on what was on that chart.

But I have been criticized here at this site plenty for preferring the better price, availability/more of content and the better picture and sound quality.

Good, I refuse to pay real money for stuff I will never watch, why I brought up the RSN fee which that chart did not include, I would never watch Florida teams, so I am glad I do not pay for it, but yet, if I wish, I can pay to watch Detroit Teams, MLB, NHL and soon NFL.

Again, that is a personal preference , changing apps to me is like changing channels for you, just takes a little while to get used to it, then it is muscle memory.

And streaming allows you to get rid of them if you wish, you are stuck and paying (per sub fee) for all those channels on a Live TV package that you never watch.
Still don't want to have to start looking up each time I want to watch a particular show and try to figure out what Streaming app it might be on and IF I have that one.

Can you fast forward past commercials without recording the show?..pretty simple question..
For the last time yes.
.obviously you can pause a show while recording it and then skip commercials..thats a no brainer...i said pause a live stream( not on demand).. restart after 20 minutes ( no record)and resume watching it and fast forward past commercials..
Yes.
Nothing in that link says you can..a standard dish DVR has a 30 minute buffer that allows this...YTTV has no buffer..
Ok, here is a example , if the show is a hour long, you can pause it at the beginning and start it 40 minutes later if you wish and Rew/FF/Pause it again, yes thru commercials as I showed you, looks the same if you DVR it or watch Live and paused.

One time, I forgot I paused it ( Live TV, not DVR’ed) when I left my house to go the the gym, returned back Home about 2 hours later, still paused, was able to resume.

All free of charge to do these things.

Reactions: ncted
Still don't want to have to start looking up each time I want to watch a particular show and try to figure out what Streaming app it might be on and IF I have that one.
That is a fair complaint, although there are some mediocre solutions, but the problem is almost nothing I want to watch is on linear TV.

Reactions: Mochuf
That is a fair complaint, although there are some mediocre solutions, but the problem is almost nothing I want to watch is on linear TV.
…and the shows on linear TV are on the streaming services in much better quality, at least 1080P/DD+.

I was surprised to find some CBS shows in 4K on P+

Also some ABC, FOX and FX shows are also in 4K on Hulu, not all , some.

Usually I am surprised when they are.

Reactions: Foxbat
Can anyone tell me how to watch the show "Dark Angel" ....
The TV show with Michael Weatherly and Jessica Alba ...........

Just asking.
What Streaming Service is it on ?

…and the shows on linear TV are on the streaming services in much better quality, at least 1080P/DD+.

I was surprised to find some CBS shows in 4K on P+

Also some ABC, FOX and FX shows are also in 4K on Hulu, not all , some.

Usually I am surprised when they are.
I'm surprised that the Networks shows aren't All in 4K (at least the ones in the last 5-10 years)

Can anyone tell me how to watch the show "Dark Angel" ....
The TV show with Michael Weatherly and Jessica Alba ...........

Just asking.
What Streaming Service is it on ?
ReelGood says it isn't available on streaming.