New 0.9.5303 fiwmware

Version 0.9.5303 of the firmware for AzBox is now available.
The notes for this firmware state:
added finland and denmark cable freq | fixed streaming

You can get it from the main AZBox Snapshots firmware site. For those of you who find it slow to download from there, we just opened a mirror site in Canada at http://fw.azbox.ca which might be faster for you guys. You can either download directly from your AzBox by changing the update URL with the green button from http://www.azupd.com to http://fw.azbox.ca or by going on the website with your computer and downloading the firmware on your USB stick.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Just finished upgrading to 5303 (from 5020) and ran it through some basic recording tests. Everything went fine. The big difference I found was that with 5303 I was actually able to record and playback channels in the NBC mux on 103 (ex. NBC Mountain, NBC West) which with 5020 always stuttered/froze/crashed & burned! Don't know whether the previous versions that I didn't try (5300-5302) could also do this or not, but I am pleased with 5303 so far!
Great! I will update mine. :D

Just updated AZBOX Elite to Ver 0.9.5303 from 0.9.5020! I'm happy to report that I can now record and playback NBC high bit rate feeds from AMC 1 @ 103.0°W using my Seagate Free Agent 500GB "external USB HDD" :D Now to test streaming later!

Just updated AZBOX Elite to Ver 0.9.5303 from 0.9.5020! I'm happy to report that I can now record and playback NBC high bit rate feeds from AMC 1 @ 103.0°W using my Seagate Free Agent 500GB "external USB HDD" :D Now to test streaming later!

Update: For some unknown reason Video recorded on PBS Feed "12096 V, 4340SR, Telairity Enconded" on G 14 & AMC 21 at 125.0°W plays for a quick second then stops and then goes back to showing live TV. This is not a knew phenomenon for me, but I was thinking the 5303 update should have fixed it. Can anyone with a dish on 125.0°W with an AZBox Elite try and record, played video from that transponder and tell us what issues if any that they experience?

Update: For some unknown reason Video recorded on PBS Feed "12096 V, 4340SR, Telairity Enconded" on G 14 & AMC 21 at 125.0°W plays for a quick second then stops and then goes back to showing live TV. This is not a knew phenomenon for me, but I was thinking the 5303 update should have fixed it. Can anyone with a dish on 125.0°W with an AZBox Elite try and record, played video from that transponder and tell us what issues if any that they experience?

Just did a 2 minute recording of "Telarity Encoded" on 125 on my AZBox Ultra and it recorded/played back without any problem.

An old bug has re-surfaced with 5303 (one that I had previously reported with 5209, and had been later fixed) where if you re-name a channel it screws things up (copied from my 5209 bug report to AZBox forum): "If you re-name a channel, the following occurs: The channel cannot be re-named again (the second re-name will only hold until you scroll up/down the channel list past the channel, or exit the channel list).
After re-name, the information always at the bottom of the channel list (satellite/transponder/etc.) no longer appears.
When viewing the re-named channel, if you then go to the channel list, the list shows from the beginning of the channel list, instead of from where the channel is in the list.
Re-named channel cannot be deleted from the Favourites list (it does initially, but re-appears when you scroll up/down the channel list past the channel, or exit the channel list)."

5303 NEW INFO: Have found an easy workaround (which will also recover any channels named though the channel list that are screwed up): Rename channels ONLY through Advance Scan & PID Edit.

I will definitely keep 5303, due to its recording of channels that 5020 could not do.

I think what he's talking about is that when you do a blind scan the AZBox will somehow reset the east limit on both a Vbox and Gbox to whatever satellite it was that you scanned. Then you have to clear and reset the east limit. It does this on both my Elite and Ultra.

What i usually do is just turn off the v-box when i do blindscan. The BlindScan in these boxes are so slow i don't use them anyways.

not here :(

records but when I play it back it plays 2 or 3 seconds then goes back to the list of programs
That was happening to me on Telairity Encoded on Tp 12096 V 4340SR, @125.0°W and I thought that was unique to my AZBox Elite. But After the upgrade to Ver. 5303, it happened one or twice. For some reason, the next day it began to record and play back normally. Maybe you should delete that transponder and re-add it, then scan for the channel and record and test playback.

I have the issue on mine. If I turn the AZbox off then turn it on and move the dish to another satellite then the dish is off by a few clicks and I have to adjust it using the Gbox remote to get full signal.
I have always had this issue with my Azbox Premium Plus. I have also always thought it is my motor or pole mounting playing around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)