New 4d box?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

macgod79

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Nc
Why couldn't someone make a new consumer 4d sub box.what would be stopping someone like srl to make say a powervu box. I have noticed there is a lot of channels in power vu and with a new box that had hd more people would come back.it would cost the stations more money to let us get there feed. Bud owners are used to set top boxes being expensive.

I just hate to see bud owners lose out when there is so much potential still there for more channels and new experiences. My two cents is moto did a crappy job in the 2,ooo era for bud owners. Once upon a time,bud was the place to get everything and moto let advancements go by them instead of making new things happen.I know it comes down to money but why invest in something just to let it sit out there and die a slow death. So thankful for 4d map masters and the folks that try to keep it alive. If we just had a new way to receive the new stuff even if it was digicipher 2 we could get hd and maybe keep going for 10 more years but the sd broadcasts will stop in 3 4 years.anyway my rant comes down to we need a new box to sub to cause with sites like ricks, we want even have fta to watch

On the PowerVu side: there's already a consumer receiver: the Cisco D9865. The HD model has component video, HDMI, and coaxial digital audio out.
The main problem is there is not a central authorization center like the Comcast SAC. If SRL wants to step up and work out contracts with Turner, Rainbow Media, and A&E TV networks to let us subscribe, that would be awesome.

On the DigiChiper side: Motorola wants a minimum order of a large number of units to justify making a new receiver. Another option is seeing if Moto will license the DigiChiper II technology and let another manufacturer make a new consumer receiver, but that also takes money.

Everything comes down to money. Who wants to help me rig the lottery to come up with the funding?

Another option is seeing if Moto will license the DigiChiper II technology and let another manufacturer make a new consumer receiver,

Pace electronics is the only company I know of who has a license with mot!

Dish Network and DirecTV would pay to see that never happens!
(or apply pressure any other way they can, including lobbying congress)

edit:
And for that, you might even see 'em get in bed with the cable companies! - :eek:

PS:
Screw Motorola! -
They've been constipated for too long to be trusted!
The last thing they did was the HD Voom system on 61west.
Look how they rolled that up when it died!
Those receivers would have been just the ticket for a modern system.
But no, they're all dead now. - :(

Last edited:
Dish Network and DirecTV would pay to see that never happens!
(or apply pressure any other way they can, including lobbying congress)

edit:
And for that, you might even see 'em get in bed with the cable companies! - :eek:

PS:
Screw Motorola! -
They've been constipated for too long to be trusted!
The last thing they did was the HD Voom system on 61west.
Look how they rolled that up when it died!
Those receivers would have been just the ticket for a modern system.
But no, they're all dead now. - :(
Oh now why would they do that? C Band requires a large dish and too few are willing to build one of those for anyone else to consider it
meaningful competition. It will always be a niche market now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)