New 622 Arrived...can I install and Activate myself?

nlrobert

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
My 622 arrived today. I already have dish 1000 and my house is already wired with dual coax to each room. So, I can easily route the TV2 signal from the 622 to my room upstairs through my home control center. Based on what I have read, it seems that I should be able to install the 622 with no issues at all.

Will dish allow me to call and activate the 622 or will I have to wait for my installation appointment on March 4th?

Also...with the Dish 1000...will I need to use the separator that Dish sent with the 622? According to the Dish website, the following conditions apply to the Separator. The bulletin says "Not required for Dish Pro Plus receivers and the 622 is listed as a Dish Pro Plus reciever. So, why would it be included with the 622 shipment?

DP Plus Separator Features:
Allows a single cable to connect a DISH Pro Plus switch or LNBF to the two satellite tuner inputs of a DISH Pro Plus receiver. The "Input" is connected to a DISH Pro Plus switch or LNBF. The "Satellite In" ports are connected to a DISH Pro Plus dual-tuner receiver's two "Satellite In" ports.

***Not required for DISH Pro Plus receivers.***
Special Considerations
- DISH Pro Plus dual-tuner receivers include: 322, 522, 622, 625, 721, 921, 942
- Cannot be used with two single-tuner receivers.
- Initial software will not download to the receiver with a DPP Separator connected.

I guess I will have to wait now. I checked and I have a DP34 instead of a DP44. So, I will have to wait for the install in a week. Oh well, I was hopefull until I saw the switch type.

what other receiver are you running. If it is only the 622 you will not need to use the DP34 switch, and run just one feed from the Dish 1000 to receiver location and then use the separator to supply both tuners.

My 811 is being replaced by the 622 and I have a 2 other recievers (311 and 501). I know the new 622 supports two TV's, but I was leaning towards keeping my 311 and 501 so that I could add service to my daughters playroom. That would result in 3 receivers and 4 TV's if everything stays in place as they are now.

mgs24 said:
what other receiver are you running. If it is only the 622 you will not need to use the DP34 switch, and run just one feed from the Dish 1000 to receiver location and then use the separator to supply both tuners.

According to Scott, Post 281, on the "First look: 622 Review" it appears that you will need a DishPro PLUS switch if you want to use one feed. Here is a quote from the Post:

"The 622 comes with the Seperator included, however it will only work if you have a DishPro PLUS LNB or DishPro Plus Switch.

DO NOT USE IT IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A DISHPRO PLUS SETUP, if you try you could damage your 622."

New hd-dvr + OTA

Remote Code for Sony Receiver?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)