New 622 Feature Coming

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So far the software has been only released for a few hundred. Not many people have it at all.

I was just told a few moments ago it should be going out to another small group soon, so hopefully you will get it soon. (I have not gotten it yet eaither) :)

So I guess it is going to be L441 that will go out to everyone? I'm just guessing based on the fact that PSmith posted that 440 was replaced with 441 yesterday.

It looks like the Dish rweb site indicates that L4.41 will be partially spooled on the 10th. I likely won't see it until next week since I have newer serial numbers (I didn't get any of the 4.06/4.09 stuff), but hopefully someone with a low serial number will be able to tell us what looks different tomorrow.

This is going to be a great feature since in a few months I will be moving 2 miles beyond the nearest POTS phone line and will only have ethernet/wireless internet.

Anyways. For wireless ethernet I have been testing buffalo ethernet converter and Access Point and they seem to work really well. Very easy to setup and way better than the SMC wireless converter I tried. The buffalow also does WPA/WPA2/AES security which is hard to find...

Got part numbers?

-Funk

Got part numbers?

-Funk

Newegg.com - BUFFALO WLI-TX4-G54HP IEEE 802.3/3u, IEEE 802.11b/g Ethernet Port Wireless-G MIMO Performance Ethernet Converter up to 125Mbps Data Rates WPA-PSK(AES, TKIP), 128/64-bit WEP - Retail

I just received this today and am extremely happy with it so far. It took about 15 minutes to configure, then I plugged it into my 622 and PS2 in the other room and it worked without any trouble. The PS2 passes the connection test and I have a green light on my 622, which I'm assuming is all I'm supposed to get at this point. Thanks a lot to the original poster who recommended this!

Last edited:
IP Callback and DishCOMM are two features that make good business sense...they would save E* million$ in toll-free calls. I would love to see these features enabled (and actually working) with the latest software release.

Notice the soure for their article...

ME. :)

Source: Multichannel News
greczkowkski55.jpg
Apparently, the caricature on Multichannel news distorts your image by displaying your head three sizes too small...:D

I have a question. I have the L4.41 software and I have an ethernet cable hooked up to my SBC/ATT gateway and my 622 . I get no ip action at all when I reset it. I have the computer on and it is hooked up to the internet. What am I doing wrong?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts