New 622 Feature Coming

I don't think you'll need to call. It should start calling in on its own. Try to test the connection from the counters screen to make sure it comes back OK. Then see if you can make it dial out with the "dial out" button on the same screen.

Connection comes back "OK" in Diagnostics, but when I hit the Dial Out button it says "No Call Out Pending". I tried doing Send Status, but got a message "Call Out FAILURE. Please check Phone or Broadband Connection."

What is the DHCP and how do you enable it?

Mike,

Routers have a web interface with which to manage settings. Check the user guide for the router or search Google for your router's make/model to see how to access the settings and check to see if DHCP is enabled.

I can help later (off to the Zoo with my daughter's daycare) if you PM me.

Spence

THAnks, I see under the dhcp is enabeled and I have dsl broad band with ATT. I can see all the addresses listed under the router but the 622 doesn't recognize it at all.

Connection comes back "OK" in Diagnostics, but when I hit the Dial Out button it says "No Call Out Pending". I tried doing Send Status, but got a message "Call Out FAILURE. Please check Phone or Broadband Connection."

If it says no call out pending then it doesn't need to call at this point. It will call when it is scheduled to (I think the next dial out is listed somewhere in the counters, but I'm not in front of my 622 right now so I can't be more specific, sorry). Once it starts dialing in over the internet then your $5 charge should go away.

I got software update on all my 622s this morning. Will check them out after work today. First thing that I have noticed is the standby screen has some "tips" displayed vs. only the Dish logo now.....

Hey hzhao, do you have internet connection to all your 622s or just one of them. I am still unclear if all receivers need to be hooked up to internet or just one. Thanks

Hey hzhao, do you have internet connection to all your 622s or just one of them. I am still unclear if all receivers need to be hooked up to internet or just one. Thanks

I have not had chance to play around them yet. Will do tonight and over the weekend. I would assume that you will need all of them connected either with ethernet or phone line in order to avoid access charge since the charge is based on per unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts