New 622 Feature Coming

Seems like the Ethernet thing is only for the heartbeat to show you have it connected to a phone or the net.. Maybe in the future they'll let us do Dishhome, PPV, etc. via the net link if all goes well.
See my previous post. PPV works with ethernet and no phone line.

Oh whoops, I took that as you got no dialtone on PPV. Misread.....

Well, progress.. :)

I'm waiting for the 722 to come avail and then maybe I'll get my nickels together. I put 2 new dishes up on a nice 4x4 8 foot tall piece of Douglas Fir. I have 61.5, 110 and 119 ready to go.

Funny thing was I got a 75/100 on TP5 of 129 with the Dish500 originally when I was aiming for 110/119.. Considering where I am, that's bizarre as hell. :)

Seems like the Ethernet thing is only for the heartbeat to show you have it connected to a phone or the net.. Maybe in the future they'll let us do Dishhome, PPV, etc. via the net link if all goes well.

I could be wrong and maybe people'll be pleasantly surprised tomorrow, but by the sounds of it it's just to get around the need for a phone line for that monthly discount of having one connected.

I am guessing they are taking a graduated approach b/c they will get doubtlessly tons of calls on how to get it connected at all.

I am guessing they are taking a graduated approach b/c they will get doubtlessly tons of calls on how to get it connected at all.

Agreed.

Bandwidth/system loading too. They're probably wondering how much demand and if one thing breaks it's not as bad as if they deploy 10 different services and they all break. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts