New 7.5 ft bud

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think the one I am getting is made by perfect 10 as the feedhorn cover has a little rock Arkansas address, can I attached the actuator arm to keep the dish upright as there are two bolts that I can't get a wrench on because of where they are located are close to the mesh ?

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'm not quite sure what you are asking? Can you restate that I little clearer? Pictures of the area in question would be a nice help...

I have a Perfect 10, and didn't have any issues with installing the arm. It's not that close to the mesh. I uploaded the full assembly manual for all versions of this dish, and it's 11x17 size pages. Follow those directions TO THE LETTER (NO "doing it your way" with these, it won't work, I found that out myself, lol), and you won't have any problems.

I'm not quite sure what you are asking? Can you restate that I little clearer? Pictures of the area in question would be a nice help...

I have a Perfect 10, and didn't have any issues with installing the arm. It's not that close to the mesh. I uploaded the full assembly manual for all versions of this dish, and it's 11x17 size pages. Follow those directions TO THE LETTER (NO "doing it your way" with these, it won't work, I found that out myself, lol), and you won't have any problems.
i am still in disassembly the first part of the previous post was in reference to the post from morbius

to keep the dish aimed up to disassemble can i put the actuator on ?

its the bolts that hold the dish to the polar mount

20140402_140823.jpg

Last edited:
just brought the mesh panels home and noticed the outer frame has a bulge and coming apart a little on one of the panels will that hurt the integrity of the dish ? pictures to follow

Yes. BUT, ... It would be wise to do an extensive string test on the dish before going too far.

Edit, addition: I did not read enough of the previous posts. Appears you have already dismantled the dish panels.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yes. BUT, ... It would be wise to do an extensive string test on the dish before going too far.

Edit, addition: I did not read enough of the previous posts. Appears you have already dismantled the dish panels.

20140402_140823.jpg

this is a picture showing the damage i was asking about i will assemble the panels in my spare time and do a string test before going further

View attachment 96555

this is a picture showing the damage i was asking about i will assemble the panels in my spare time and do a string test before going further

I would just see what you can get I think its more fun that way. Not saying anything bad about a string test but I would much rather be blinding scan then playing with string :)

Looks like water got in and froze,you might want to drill some weep holes so it doesn't occur again.The split can probably be welded up to restore strength,but overall it's most likely not that big a deal.

Looks like water got in and froze,you might want to drill some weep holes so it doesn't occur again.The split can probably be welded up to restore strength,but overall it's most likely not that big a deal.

That's what I thought to as we have had some weird winter weather this year as you know

Mine has the same type of 'injury'. As long as the parabolic shape hasn't been altered it will not affect performance.

Does anybody know the length of the bolts need to assemble a perfect 10 dish all the instruction say are the quality

Download the manual. Print it. Then review it. Looks like the bolts to hold the four sections together are all the same.

Its beam a long cold winter; the item needs to be painted before the aluminum melts too. The damage otherwise will never quit getting worse, as salt and acids can each be neutralized with assorted aluminum oxidation removal, oxidation may require some more special mixing. Here too, the Laser dish also had normal steel in contact with aluminum. These rwo metals do not like each other bared to each other like oxidation does. At the sea shore, there are many satellite dishes that have actually melted to the structures they were mounted to! It is considered a yard art to leave them melting; as they still work with new connectors! This one looks salvageable however. The laser mount can be installed (using the other holes the bolts can go into) for the east coast or the west coast type mounting of the motor arm (on right side or left side of the dish from behind dish), and only really needs a 18" arm. On the west coast, it can be installed on the right side (as u hav pict) to get to the Russian and Japanese and Tahiti Taiwan, etc. channels low on the horizon to the west {but won't go past galaxy 19 to the east! The mount made it easy for RSI to have item made for both coast's shipping centers.

Its beam a long cold winter; the item needs to be painted before the aluminum melts too. The damage otherwise will never quit getting worse, as salt and acids can each be neutralized with assorted aluminum oxidation removal, oxidation may require some more special mixing. Here too, the Laser dish also had normal steel in contact with aluminum. These rwo metals do not like each other bared to each other like oxidation does. At the sea shore, there are many satellite dishes that have actually melted to the structures they were mounted to! It is considered a yard art to leave them melting; as they still work with new connectors! This one looks salvageable however. The laser mount can be installed (using the other holes the bolts can go into) for the east coast or the west coast type mounting of the motor arm (on right side or left side of the dish from behind dish), and only really needs a 18" arm. On the west coast, it can be installed on the right side (as u hav pict) to get to the Russian and Japanese and Tahiti Taiwan, etc. channels low on the horizon to the west {but won't go past galaxy 19 to the east! The mount made it easy for RSI to have item made for both coast's shipping centers.

I am confused on the oxidation part I live in dfw area of texas and the only bad winter weather we got was the ice storm the first part of December 2013 and then some snow in February of this year and my 1.2 m dish hasn't melted away yet so what are you talking about ?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)