New Anik Mini dish up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Today I put up my modified Dish 500 with a linear LNBF up. I ended up with a 77-78 quality +8.0 EBNO. Not bad for a 21.5" dish in the U.S. Im very pleased with the results. Now that free's up my second LNBF on my 84cm ADTH to point at something else. I now have a total of 5 dishes up :D Never can have too many.

Attachments

• Anik-F1.jpg
    Anik-F1.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 354
  • LNBF.jpg
    LNBF.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 380
  • Shawfta.jpg
    Shawfta.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 382
  • Quality.jpg
    Quality.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:
Thanks Ice. I finally got the mini dish to work. Anilk must be burning up the skys to come in that good on such a small reflector in Chicago :)

AnikF1 covers the whole US and Canada. Technically you can get by with a 24" dish for F1 only in most of the US except for the south due to the strong footprint

I know they use the 24" in Canada. I didn't think a 21.5 would work all that well in the US, but I'm happy :)

Now that's a sturdy LNBF mounting clamp!

Looks like a few pretty decent FTA channels on Anik F1R.

I'll try one of my Dish500s with linear LNBF on that sat tomorrow.

what kind of signal is that, pro? The blue screen looks like something with a descrambler, modem and rept back, etc.....I'm puzzled.

edit: Disregard, I looked up on lyngsat....lol.

There are a few freebies from Starchoice on AnikF1 but you need a 4DTV or a starchoice receiver to get those

I got 80- 82% Q from AnikF1 Ku with my 21.5 inch dish500 and linear LNBF. Several channels showed up as unscrambled, but the Coolsat 6000 could not view them.

Last edited:
There are some feeds ITC on F1

I subscribe to Starchoice, and for the heck of it, I unplugged one of my receivers, and blind scanned with my Mercury Fortec 2.

I found 4-5 feeds, and about six radio channels, all in the clear with a standard DVB receiver.

After playing a bit, I took the Fortec off and put back the DSR317 - I have the "Digital Favorites" package, so I get a fair number of channels.

There are a few freebies from Starchoice on AnikF1 but you need a 4DTV or a starchoice receiver to get those

Ok, I never realized that "Access" had such good programming. Perhaps I will setup a dedicated dish for this satellite as well.

Queston:
When using a Starchoice digicipher II receiver to receive these free channels do any of the other channels ever go ITC at times?

Starchoice has free previews but they are not unencrypted or ZK. They will still show as scrambled on an unsubbed box.

Checked the signal today on the mini Ku dish it was even better. For what it is it sure is doing a wizbang job for ANIK F1R on the DSR-405 :)

If you want to pick up a used Starchoice receiver and use a Dish 500 dish with a linear LNBF it should do a good job in most of the northern half of the U.S.

Shaw has an excellent picture quality too. My DSR-405 even has S video out just like my 922.

Attachments

• 81QUALIT.jpg
    81QUALIT.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 197
  • EBNOMINI.jpg
    EBNOMINI.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 205
  • 405SHAW.jpg
    405SHAW.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 205
Starchoice has free previews but they are not unencrypted or ZK. They will still show as scrambled on an unsubbed box.

Ice have you ever seen any stuff go FP where any box can get it like if there having problems on Shaw? Any free previews on an subbed box probably go to "U" mode. It would be interesting to see if a box that was just unsubscibed would pick up the "U" stuff. I think once it goes OC (old category) or old monthly keys. It can only see FP and ZK.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)