New Apple Watch 4 for 2018 Rumors and Facts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Looking for an Apple Watch 4 from a store? - check out this site for in store availability:

Live Stock Map and Notifications | iStockNow
If one is looking for a cellular version of the Apple Watch the cell provider stores are also a good place to look. I bought both my Xs Max and AW4 on release day as a walk in at my local Verizon store. Nearest Apple Store is about 100 miles away and had less stock than my local Verizon store just 5 minutes away.

That is true unless you were looking for SS Gold 44mm. These are still in high demand with wait times like a Tesla Model 3. I ordered mine within seconds of the pre-order and got it for pickup at the store in Orlando, 150 miles away. If I wanted it shipped, the wait was Oct 19. Today, you can still walk in nearly all Apple stores and buy the cell unbranded AW4 in Aluminum in most colors. I don't believe the Verizon stores carries the non cell version do they?

Lloyd- Is your XS Max Verizon branded OS or is it generic like mine that came right from Apple? Verizon used to bundle up their own bloatware on the iphones. My wife's first iphone was Verizon but since we have gone right to Apple for our Apple stuff.

My Xs Max came from Verizon but other than the My Verizon app being pre-installed, there are no other indications that it came from Verizon.

Edit: none of the carrier stores carry the non-cell versions of the AW4 as far as I can determine.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

My T-Mobile store insisted without the cell version it was just a Fitbit.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Apple just introduced an Apple watch magnetic wireless charging cable with a USB-C for those who just want to carry a single USB-C power pack for their iphone and watch. I understand the charging speed is the same as the traditional cable. Still takes about 2 hours to go from 10% to 100%.

I modified a watch magnetic charge cable with a microUSB female connector on a 2" long cable to carry in my belt pocket and then I discovered the keyring charger. It charges the watch in about an hour and is not much bigger than the Apple disk. Just snap it on the back of the watch and put in your pocket for an hour.

Amazon product ASIN B01J3NGSUU
I don't see any need for the USB-C watch cable, personally, but some here may find it of interest.

Reactions: Foxbat
wOS 5.1 was released but it was discovered to have a flaw and many reports of it bricking the series 4 AWatch. If you downloaded it and it installed OK no problem but if you haven't installed, don't. Delete the file and wait for a replacement. Apple has pulled the file shortly after reports came in.

The reports are that the update appeared to take over an hour with the Apple logo in the center of the watch and never progressed. Normally the update takes a few minutes.

Also-
According to other Mac Rumors "experts" always check and verify you have the latest iOS update on your iphone before updating your Apple Watch to it's latest wOS. Latest iOS is 12.1 and gives support for eSIM and dual sim cards plus 70 new emojis.

Reactions: tigerfan33

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts