New azbox software out

http://www.marcush.de/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/101_0465.jpg

That's it there at the top of the picture. FDM stands for Flash Disk Module. I think it's 256MB. You can get them the size of normal hard drives too, but they're extraordinarily expensive and not particularly fast.

Thanks Jim S,

Good pix of the module and location on the board.

I guess it is referred to it with a couple of terms DOM (Disk On Module) or FDM (Flash Disk Module). I first referred to it as Disk On Memory - which was just a dumb error, I meant Module.
And you are correct, Jim S. It is 256 MB. I opened my AZBox to take a peak at the original. The original MFG is DM Storage (made in Korea) and has a part number TD210S/SP followed by 0.9 1930then (256MB) and then 90507639. Not sure what all the other numbers are, probably revision or date codes and serial number.

RADAR

Last edited:
Did you have to follow any unique instructions or procedures to format it with your PC and what OS does your PC have in order to accomplish this?
To format on a PC, I used "GParted", a Linux Boot CD. Everything ran fine, but unit would not boot unless connected to a network.
I then allowed the AZBox to format and install, everything works fine.

Lak7,

Just curious. Why did you replace the original DOM or FDM and why did you select a 2GB size? Did the original one fail or, were you simply experimenting?

I have an Eaton (Cutler-Hammer) ePro PanelMate industrial operator interface with a touch screen that I got as salvage from work (phased out model for us). I remembered that it had a DOM, so I opened it to check. It was the same pinout and size as what is in the AZBox. I thought that this was interesting.

The PanelMate works fine. It has Windows NT version 4.0 Build 1381 service pack 5 installed. I don't know what I will do with this PanelMate, I guess it's just a toy for me.

RADAR

azbox-0.9.4219-patch.bin

New firmware beta just popped in today, 1/8/10, at azupd site. These are the updates it lists: isdb-t tuner | recording file size | blind scan | hdd gui | ftp up/down.

hey ice,do you have yours hooked to the internet? If so does it say not connected.Ever since I loaded the 4110 mine says not connected but I can watch you tube and check the internet speed but I cannot use the browser.

hey ice,do you have yours hooked to the internet? If so does it say not connected.Ever since I loaded the 4110 mine says not connected but I can watch you tube and check the internet speed but I cannot use the browser.

Babcea,

Don't fret that glitch, mine is indicating the same ("INTERNET NOT AVAILABLE") although it is connected and working properly. You are not alone here, bud!

RADAR

I'm wondering if an applications area format is required to use this new file.

Knowmiddlename,

No, formatting the application area is not necesary and I tried it just to ensure that it was correct. There was no difference in the functionality at all.

Don't waste your time doing so, unless you are simply bored out of your skull and want to have the practice. LOL. If formatting the app area is required, they will notify us in the release notes ahead of time.

You do understand that these firmware versions are "beta" versions, not official releases? Therefore, the operation of these firmwares is not guaranteed and you use them at your own risk. It is merely a courtesy that they offer them for those of use who are willing to dabble and take a risk or two so that we have something to play with and also so that we can report back to the programmers and inform them of the downfalls. It assists the programmers just as much as it does us as end users, in essence, we are "volunteer guinea pigs".

RADAR

Babcea,

Don't fret that glitch, mine is indicating the same ("INTERNET NOT AVAILABLE") although it is connected and working properly. You are not alone here, bud!

RADAR
thanks,Its nice to know I am not alone,I realy believe they are gonna make this receiver one of the best on the market.

I wonder what this means?

recording file size

bigger file limit? Not 4GB anymore?

I'm recording something right now and will see what the limit shows

The glitch with the "INTERNET NOT AVAILABLE" that we were recently discussing is also repaired. A minor thing, but I am glad that it was addressed.
It was present with 0.9.4110 and 0.9.4142 but 0.9.4219 has this and the file limit size resolved.

RADAR

?
WOO HOO!!!

the 4GB limit is GONE!!

just recorded a program and when done it shows 7.1GB and one file

? How is your HDD formatted? I assume as a linux drive, but it IS possible to get bigger than 4 GB on FAT32, so I'm curious? If you're using the linux formatting, I wonder what it does with FAT32.

BJ
The hard drive was formatted both ways and originally it would break the file up in 3GB segments. This was later changed to 4GB. Right now its linux. So when I recorded a program that was a big file it would show (example)

ABCD.part0 4GB
ABCD.part1 4GB

etc
so one time I recorded a 2:15 program and it was in 7 parts :eek

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)