New azbox software out

sorry my bad. the file was hosted off site. and it doesnt fix my youtube. still stuck at loading. but my channellist survived the new software so i aint touching it.

crackt out,.

Never had problems with rapidshare (or others)...and one minute isn't long to wait

But true enough, for $6/month you can get unlimited bandwidth, unlimited storage!

New Firware:
azbox-0.9.4785-patch.bin |removed gogo list menu | fixed the audio balance | include reserved.dat backup/restore | improved epg stability | improved channel manager stability

New Update:

azbox-0.9.4829-patch.bin| fixed sleep timer | removed black borders in teletext (subtitles) | increased epg stability | fixed microdvd parser | fixed mkv parser with mpeg1/mpeg2.

Are these betas? I haven't seen anything new for firmware via the Azbox settings firmware upgrade menu in quite a while.

they were posted 5/12 & 5/14 but I checked the other day (Friday) and neither were there on that beta site

The 0.9.4879 firmware addressed an issue the Ultra and Premium Plus had displaying some s2 network feeds that the Elite could display. I big thanks to Rick for working with the manufacturer to get this fixed.

I also notice that the newest 4890 firmware says "fixed recording problem". This made me wonder whether perhaps the high bitrate recording issue has been addressed? I know, wishful thinking, but I'm curious whether anyone who has put on the new 4890 has tried to record any high bitrate feeds?

I also notice that the newest 4890 firmware says "fixed recording problem". This made me wonder whether perhaps the high bitrate recording issue has been addressed? I know, wishful thinking, but I'm curious whether anyone who has put on the new 4890 has tried to record any high bitrate feeds?

I tried recording a high bitrate feed last night. It didn't work. Although it played fine while i watched it live, the playback was choppy.

I just loaded 4890, tested on CBS DVB-S2 4:2:2, it did not record perfect, but it was better than previous.
ABC HD recorded fine.

That's encouraging. I haven't tried recording any of those for a while, but last time I tried, I don't even think it came close on the CBS stuff, although the lower bitrate MPEG4 ABC stuff was closer to working. I guess it's worth the effort for me to try the new firmware. I'm not really interested in recording, but I'd sure like to be able to stream to it from another receiver. I bought the Azbox mainly with the hope of streaming the CBS 4.2.2 things to it slightly delayed so that I could sync up audio from another source, however it wasn't able to play high bitrate streams either. Since I'm not interested in the audio, it makes me wonder if it might handle the video better if I streamed video only, so that it didn't have to do any processing to sync audio.

Anyway, this is encouraging. Perhaps the Azbox people realized that they had an issue when they tried playing those recordings that the guys on the Rick's forum sent them. I just wish that they had sent recordings of the whole mux. I get the impression that they only sent recordings of individual channels, but I could be wrong.

I just loaded 4890, tested on CBS DVB-S2 4:2:2, it did not record perfect, but it was better than previous.
ABC HD recorded fine.

Is ABC HD 720p or 1080i? I wonder if that could be the difference.

If you couldn't record ABC-HD previously that's good news.

With version 9.4890 of the firmware I'm able to record the NBC high def feeds from AMC1.
But only with hardware acceleration enabled. I hope the over clocking doesn't let the smoke out of it.

With version 9.4890 of the firmware I'm able to record the NBC high def feeds from AMC1.
But only with hardware acceleration enabled. I hope the over clocking doesn't let the smoke out of it.

When you say it works with accelertion turned on, are you referring to recording, playback or both?

I'd say that's good news and bad news. Its good news that it now works although it also seems to indicate that cpu in these boxes is underpowered for high bit rate feeds. I wonder how much the processor is being overclocked, 3%, 5%, 10%, etc? I have an Ultra and its hard to imagine that there is much of a heatsink and/or much airflow. If acceleration does give it stability for recording HD feeds, adding a larger heatsink/fan should probably be considered if the box becomes unstable.

Last edited:
When you say it works with accelertion turned on, are you referring to recording, playback or both?

I'd say that's good news and bad news. Its good news that it now works although it also seems to indicate that cpu in these boxes is underpowered for high bit rate feeds. I wonder how much the processor is being overclocked, 3%, 5%, 10%, etc? I have an Ultra and its hard to imagine that there is much of a heatsink and/or much airflow. If acceleration does give it stability for recording HD feeds, adding a larger heatsink/fan should probably be considered if the box becomes unstable.

The accelerator setting is always on or always off. I tried recording without and it started doing the usual breaking up. Not sure how much the over clock setting is.
I agree that perhaps a small fan could be added for air flow. Anyway It's nice to have the option to record the high def stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts