New azbox software out

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
always love when they posts this

some other minor adjustments

translation...we dont know what we made for changes so we'll put "other minor adjustments" :D

I'm pretty sure I'll skip 0.9.5020, like you say the "Other minor adjustments" doesn't give me too much confidence. I am, however, glad to see they are still interested in f/w for the Elite.

I loaded 5020 and no issues thus far. most of my wish list for updates/fixes relate to satellite and not IPTV, you tube etc.

I finally loaded the 5020 update, and to my surprise I found that marginal signals (before update) were locking great with no pixelation!

I was also surprised to find 100 sats added to my list again! Thank's to Maz 3 for not corrupting my list and for removing the unwanted entries!

Azbox Elite

CRAP! On second viewing, the 100 sats have returned! Time to edit with the remote!

Last edited:
5020 been fine... to me seem that it does the blind scan faster (Prem+) then the previous 2 releases.

I finally loaded the 5020 update, and to my surprise I found that marginal signals (before update) were locking great with no pixelation!

I was also surprised to find 100 sats added to my list again! Thank's to Maz 3 for not corrupting my list and for removing the unwanted entries!

Azbox Elite

CRAP! On second viewing, the 100 sats have returned! Time to edit with the remote!

Yeah, I found that with 5020 I couldn't use MAZ3 to edit satlist.

yah i noticed that also. they were doing 3/month there for a while. leads me to believe 5020 is gonna be as good as it gets :( hope i'm wrong though cause there are still bugs to fix.

Was wondering if anyone who has a realtibely new version of the firmware knows if they have fixed the two big bugs i found with the device.

1) you cant get stereo sound out of it unless you use an external ac-3 decoder.

2) on certain feeds such as ABC on G4 all the blacks are dark grey

I last did an update several months ago and since they improved the software on the AZbox officail forum I have been unable to attain access. Also need to visit a friend who has a USB connection on his computer to get the new software so it is not something I really want to do if I do not have any good reason to do so.

Was wondering if anyone who has a realtibely new version of the firmware knows if they have fixed the two big bugs i found with the device.

1) you cant get stereo sound out of it unless you use an external ac-3 decoder.

2) on certain feeds such as ABC on G4 all the blacks are dark grey

I last did an update several months ago and since they improved the software on the AZbox officail forum I have been unable to attain access. Also need to visit a friend who has a USB connection on his computer to get the new software so it is not something I really want to do if I do not have any good reason to do so.

I'm using 0.9.4931 , and the stereo issue is still there, and I'm pretty sure that the gray blacks issue is too, as it was there the last time I checked about a month or two ago.
The gray black thing seems to be due to the chip set, because my PopCornHour does the same thing (I think it is only on MPEG4 HD channels), and I think the Azbox uses the same chip set for video. I'm guessing that the audio thing must be hardware related as well, or they would have fixed it long ago. Audio is fine through the HDMI output, however.

BTW, is your computer connected to the Azbox via network? If so, you can load the firmware on the thumbdrive by plugging the thumbdrive into the Azbox, and transferring the file via FTP.

I'm using 0.9.4931 , and the stereo issue is still there, and I'm pretty sure that the gray blacks issue is too, as it was there the last time I checked about a month or two ago.
The gray black thing seems to be due to the chip set, because my PopCornHour does the same thing (I think it is only on MPEG4 HD channels), and I think the Azbox uses the same chip set for video. I'm guessing that the audio thing must be hardware related as well, or they would have fixed it long ago. Audio is fine through the HDMI output, however.

BTW, is your computer connected to the Azbox via network? If so, you can load the firmware on the thumbdrive by plugging the thumbdrive into the Azbox, and transferring the file via FTP.

I have been able to get stereo audio via the optical output running it through a stand alone box but that hass its own problems since said box has been known to turn itself off for no good reason at all making and thing recorded on timer have no audio.

I have not been able to figure out how to get the AZbox to get hooked up to the internet or anything else. Such as the using it to record programmes- have an external Betamax deck for that. I have no computer network at home. It did not come with an instruction manual and one someone sent me in an email is bigger than the free space on my hard drive. Plus i think it was in an unreadbale format.

Last edited:

I have not been able to figure out how to get the AZbox to get hooked up to the internet or anything else. Such as the using it to record programmes- have an external Betamax deck for that. I have no computer network at home. It did not come with an instruction manual and one someone sent me in an email is bigger than the free space on my hard drive. Plus i think it was in an unreadbale format.

How are you connected to the internet to get email? Does your computer have an ethernet connection? Ie looks like a modular telephone connection, but 8 lines instead of 2, 4 or 6. If you have that, you can connect direct to the Azbox via a reversing cable.
Re the file, they are big, something like 47 MB, but if your computer is THAT low on disk space, you have problems, unless you're still running a Commodore 64 or something.
Re unreadable format, I can't imagine ANY format being unreadable as far as storing it on your computer, but perhaps you're referring to the RAR format that some of the files came in. With that, you had to unpack them first, but the newer files aren't packed as RAR, if you get them at AZBox Snapshots , which will re-direct you to another site for the actual download.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)