New C/Ku LNBF to be released

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Has does the BS621-2 compare to the Geosatpro GSL1C/K?

Has any one tried out the Geosatpro or have any experience with it?

Below is a spec for the Geosatpro GSL1C/K (Top number C band lower number Ku)

C-Band LNBF Ku-Band LNBF

Input Frequency Range
3.4 - 4.2GHz
11.7 - 12.2GHz

Input Reflector Type
Prime Focus
Prime Focus

F/D Ratio
0.28~0.42

Conversion Gain
65dB(Typ.)
55dB(Typ.)

Gain Flatness
±1.0dB/36MHz ±4dB Over Band
±1dB/54MHz

Noise
17ºK
0.5dB(Typ.)

Cross Pol. Isolation
20dB(Typ.)
20dB(Min.)

Image Rejection
50dB(Min.)
40dB(Min.)

L.O. Frequency
5150 MHz
10750 MHz

L.O. Stability
±1.0MHz@25? ±1.0MHz @25?
±2.5MHz@-40? ~ +60? ±3.0MHz@-40? ~ +60?

L.O. Phase Noise
-60dBc/Hz(1KHz Offset) -50dBc/Hz(1KHz Offset)
-85dBc/Hz(10KHz Offset) -75dBc/Hz(10KHz Offset)
-95dBc/Hz(100KHz Offset) -95dBc/Hz(100KHz Offset)

Output Frequency Range 950 ~1750MHz 950~2150MHz

Pout Power(at 1dB gain Compression) 0dBM(Min.) 0dB(Min.)

Return Loss Output
10dB
8.0dB(2.3:1)

Output Connector
75? F-Type Female 75? F-Type Female

Polarization selection
H:16~18V V:12~14.5V H: 16~18V V: 11~14V

DC Current Consumption 100mA(Max.) 100mA(Typ.) 120mA(Max.)

Operating Temperature -40?~+60? -40?~+60?

Thank you,

Virgil

I just read that the BSC feed delivers both C and Ku SIMULTANEOUSLY at the output port- is this true?

I was concerned about a single output port, wanting a dual. But if the output is simultaneous output then it wouldn't matter.

The only complaint I have with the feed is it's universal on Ku (presumably dual LO). I don't buy them for use in here in North America. I could put a 22KHz filter on the input port though. My concern with keeping a 22KHz filter on the feed is that I'm working to acquire a EMP Centauri 16-LNB multiswitch. I'll need all 16 DiSeqC switching states for the multiswitch.

Last edited:
Yes this LNBF has two independant outputs (one C and one Ku) so they could be used at the same time!

PSB said:
Yes this LNBF has two independant outputs (one C and one Ku) so they could be used at the same time!

Great. Didn't know it had two, a separate port for each band.

Has anyone actually examined the feed to determine whether the specified C-band noise temp and Ku-band noise figures are actually met in operation?

just a sort question as i posted in another section but maybe you will have the answer === how to you use that lnbf with a 4dtv and fta receiver-- i know it is not recommended to use with 4d only

mapa said:
just a sort question as i posted in another section but maybe you will have the answer === how to you use that lnbf with a 4dtv and fta receiver-- i know it is not recommended to use with 4d only

Try searching for this. It has been covered many times.

Do you mean C band Perf. may be degraded?

ftarock said:
Ku performance might be degraded if you use it with offset dish due to the mismatch focal length. Remember this lnbf is designed for prime-focuse type. When you put scalar rings for prime-focuse on off-set dish, it will not collect all the signal as it is designed.
Hopefully some manufacture starts thinking to make 3-4 ft solid prime focuse if this lnbf works well.
FtaRock[/UOTE]
Do you mean C band Perf. may be degraded?

Off set dish need a specially designed scalar ring (see below)

Putting this LNBF on any dish smaller than say 6' is a PROJECT and will not give reliable C or Ku signals.

Attachments

• Pict0037.JPG
    Pict0037.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 127
The tech that installed my 8' C/Ku dish showed me the solution to your Ku signal problem.

The C band LNB in the unit is center-mounted and is therefore peaked with a great signal.

The Ku LNB of the other hand is offset from the center and needs to be separately peaked.

To do this, first align the dish with true south. Then rotate the unit so the Ku LNB is on either the East or West side of center.

Then move the dish a few points in the same direction while watching your signal levels until the Ku LNB peaks. Save this position like it's another satellite (i.e. W4-AMC4 C band, K4-AMC4 Ku Band).

Hope this helps!

connections

Hi,

Ya gotta love it when ya buy a lnbf and it comes with zero paperwork. I have a DBS621 with the built in 2x1 disque switch. I want to use seperate connections for c band and ku. Now the ku connection in the pic is at the end of the unit, Is the c band connection the one marked "receiver" , bypassing the switch, or is it the other connection where the jumper connects. Pardon my stupidity, it has been a very hot week here and i think me brains are well done!!:hatsoff:

Attachments

• bsc621_1.jpg
    bsc621_1.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 141
I don't have one, but looking at the picture, I would say the connection with no coax would be the C-band connection, and the one on the end would be the ku connection, while the one next to the empty connector is the input for the ku to use the diseqc switch.
From your written description, I would say the one marked "Receiver" would be used for C-band or for both when used with the diseqc switch

Al.

voomvoom said:
I don't have one, but looking at the picture, I would say the connection with no coax would be the C-band connection, and the one on the end would be the ku connection, while the one next to the empty connector is the input for the ku to use the diseqc switch.
From your written description, I would say the one marked "Receiver" would be used for C-band or for both when used with the diseqc switch

Al.
Yes, that was my asumption also. the other thing is, it would be nice to know which position on the built in switch is c band and ku bans. Like 1 = ku, 2 = c band. do you need to identify it on the receiver antenna setup, or does it switch automaticly? None of the reviews, or articles clarify this, neither does the manufacturers web site.

Interesting thought, whether it's automatic or not? If you decide to try the diseqc switch, I guess you'll have to play with it and see if it works on port: none, #1, or #2, in the receiver's settings. And also, which L.O. setting to use: 5150, 9750, 10600, or 9750-10600 with each port setting you use. It will only work if it receive's a signal, and the port and L.O. setting's will have to match for this to happen. I think? Don't know if anyone has tried to use the diseqc or not? I think most have probably use them as separate outputs to another switch, multi-switch, diseqc, 22k, etc.

Al

Follow the picture on the box and connect the short cable as shown. The receiver port is what you connect your rg6 cable then run it to your receiver. Then in your menu, all of your c-band sats. will be diseqc #1 and the ku side has to be set at diseqc #2. No in-line diseqc switch is needed, however if you have another dish (aimed at something else) and are using an external diseqc switch then you need to connect the extra dish in port #3 of the switch and in your receiver menu you select #3 for the extra dish. If you are doing this, you can run the rg6 from the output on the lnb into port #1, but leave port #2 empty on the external diseqc switch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)